: should i buy my V from the US or my local deler?

Mazz
01-17-09, 04:35 AM
hey fellas

iv been looking at the price ranges here in the forums and what my local dealer is giving me and all i can say is OMG, now im thinking of buying the V from the US and have it shipped here to the U.A.E

our price is 280'000 Utd. Arab Emir. Dirham = 76'250.2 US Dollar :bomb: according to todays US dollar value

dont u think im paying quite a lot ? for a full option V , wouldn't it be cheaper if i bought it from the US and had it shipped here?

im just wondering if someone has an insight on any differences that GM would make to the car as being a US spec and a Middle East spec ?any GM guys here?
any kind of info would be appreciatted and thanx ^_^

small edit on full option meaning everything from those nice rims to moonroof or sunroof or what its called heated/cooled recaro seats, navi.... basically the works except engine heater i guess since we wouldn't really need that here with 50C in the summer and 10-15C in winter lol

ctsv5005
01-29-09, 07:24 AM
im living here in the uae aswell, ive booked my ride, red color, and already given the downpayment of 30,000 dhs. i do agree that it is a bit expensive but then its different specs too, and then the shipping costs and everything. The cadillac dealer here ( liberty ) is taking a maximum profit of 8,000 dhs on a V. thats it. plus if you get a car from the U.S, you wouldnt be having warranty.

cheers.

qictrk
01-29-09, 06:14 PM
I would check around to see what it would cost to ship it to you. It looks like the difference in price is about $10K. There are several vendors that advertise here, they claim they ship anywhere. I would contact them and see what kind of deal they can offer you. Cecil..........

V-Love
01-30-09, 12:20 AM
The UAE! Won't you get beat up driving an American car there?

I bet with shipping you wind up just as much. Not to mention what could happen while getting shipped. Many variables. If its only a couple grand difference, I'd buy local.

Middle east spec differences......comes with grill mounted RPG's standard and there are no drink holders.

Mazz
01-30-09, 04:58 AM
sorry for the late reply, been busy with work

thanx for the replies fellas,
ctsv5005 - i currently own a 2008 sts-v and bought it at september last year thinking that it was the highest hp caddie in the line but with the new cts-v i just cant resist, i talked to the dealer and they told me 1 was sold to one of the ruling family members where he paid 60,000 dhs more just to get the car ASAP, i know its only reasonable but nowadays no one and i mean no one is buying a car from the dealer here as prices r way cheaper including shipping from abroad, congrats bro ^_^ r u planning on tuning the car or keeping it stock ? any idea when its supposed to be here? i heard first shipment should be here in Feb

qictrk - would you be so kind as to help me out in that? im having a little difficulties locating such dealers in the US, contact numbers or emails would help me loads and thanx in advance ^_^

V-Love - beat up? in what way? shipping is no problem really but saving a few bucks is, what r RPG's ? o and i asked the dealer and yes drink holders r avail so no worries there, im only worried about having the cool chair thingy because my 2008 sts-v only had heaters and the normal sts had both chair heaters and coolers lol

ctsv5005
01-30-09, 06:34 AM
hi bro.. well they told me my car is going to be here on the 1st week of feb. if u want i can get you a good price from the dealer, just pm me how much u are willing to pay for a cts v. yes i know the case of the guy who ordered his car and paid 60,000 to get his car, which came in an aeroplane, he just received his car after the Abu Dhabi motor show, and that shiekh is from Abu Dhabi aswell.

about the seat cooler, yes there is not going to be seat cooler, as far as my dealer has told me, but the regular cts model has cooler and heater both, so i think its going to be there. anyways if u get it from the US firstly no warranty, secondly the specs are not going to be gulf, so resale value down by 20% or more, third the gauges are going to be in mph..ive seen the kmh gauge, the top speed is 330 km/h which looks cool. anyways its ur choice bro,if u want to get it shipped from the US best of luck to u :-)

dont hesitate to ask me questions. take care! and V is made to be tuned. :-D

V-Love
01-30-09, 03:55 PM
V-Love - beat up? in what way? shipping is no problem really but saving a few bucks is, what r RPG's ? o and i asked the dealer and yes drink holders r avail so no worries there, im only worried about having the cool chair thingy because my 2008 sts-v only had heaters and the normal sts had both chair heaters and coolers lol

Just some bad/ignorant jokes.
Beat up for driving something American.
RPG= Rocket propelled grenades
No drink holders because I thought booze was a no-no.

Like I said, ignorant. I really want to get there some day. I looked for jobs there. Not enough money for me to make the move.
Anyway, enjoy the car. You will love it and I'm sure you won't see too many on the road there.

qictrk
01-30-09, 11:42 PM
sorry for the late reply, been busy with work

thanx for the replies fellas,
ctsv5005 - i currently own a 2008 sts-v and bought it at september last year thinking that it was the highest hp caddie in the line but with the new cts-v i just cant resist, i talked to the dealer and they told me 1 was sold to one of the ruling family members where he paid 60,000 dhs more just to get the car ASAP, i know its only reasonable but nowadays no one and i mean no one is buying a car from the dealer here as prices r way cheaper including shipping from abroad, congrats bro ^_^ r u planning on tuning the car or keeping it stock ? any idea when its supposed to be here? i heard first shipment should be here in Feb

qictrk - would you be so kind as to help me out in that? im having a little difficulties locating such dealers in the US, contact numbers or emails would help me loads and thanx in advance ^_^

I sent you a pm. Cecil..........