: Bluetooth pairs to phone, but won't connect after...any ideas?

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-09, 12:10 AM
I have a Verizon LG ENV 2 phone and I am able to pair the phone to my V, but it won't connect afterwards so I can use the Bluetooth feature.

I have tried to delete the V off my Bluetooth and then re-pair it, but it still won't connect when I try to connect it from my phone.

Any ideas? Does my phone need a software update or do I have to take it in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

SG

Ketzer
01-17-09, 09:08 AM
It definately sounds phone specific. Do they have a help forum, either company based or independent? We use Crackberries and have not had any issues, but they have several support forums and someone has always had and solved most probs. Worth a little google time. I have found most retail outlets/company stores to be quite useless with tech issues.

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-09, 10:30 AM
It definately sounds phone specific. Do they have a help forum, either company based or independent? We use Crackberries and have not had any issues, but they have several support forums and someone has always had and solved most probs. Worth a little google time. I have found most retail outlets/company stores to be quite useless with tech issues.

Ketzer,

Thank you. I will try to go to my local Verizon store and see if I can get my phone updated. I know there is at least one software update my phone needs. My phone worked just fine with my 2007 STS-V. Maybe the 2009 CTS-V Bluetooth system is too advanced for my phone.

SG

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-18-09, 10:33 AM
Once you pair your phone you have to go into personal settings and set it as your default device. IF you don't do this you will have to go through setting it up every time to get it to pair. The device will be underlined if it is your default device and then every time your phone gets near the car its going to connect.

GM-4-LIFE
01-18-09, 12:56 PM
Once you pair your phone you have to go into personal settings and set it as your default device. IF you don't do this you will have to go through setting it up every time to get it to pair. The device will be underlined if it is your default device and then every time your phone gets near the car its going to connect.

I went in to my local Verizon store and they did a 30 min software update to my phone. I got in my V, paired the phone and it connected automatically, so it was a phone specific problem. My Bluetooth now works as designed.

Thanks guys!

SG

Kadonny
01-19-09, 09:30 AM

The CTS-V bluetooth does not work the same as the STS-V. There are no personal settings button in the CTS-V and no place (that I found yet) that allow you to set it as a default device.

I paired my phone the first time and it has picked it up everytime from then on. Glad you got your phone fixed SG and all is working fine.

clubho
04-28-09, 06:43 PM
mine pairs sometimes when i get in my car but usually won't pair until a call comes in or when i place a call. That is not a big deal but what really chaps my hide is that for some reason it disconnects quite often. Then i check the phone and the call is still going on but it does not see the car's bluetooth anymore. i have a HTC touch pro diammond running Win mobile 6.1

clubho
07-10-09, 02:52 PM
is anyone else having this problem with the phone styaing connected? Also I talked to Cadillac and they say they talked with the engineers and that it's a microphone issue and the new parts are not available yet. I don't think that makes sense but has anyone else had these problems?

SlvrBullIT
07-10-09, 03:13 PM
Had issues with my iphone, but if you turn off the bluetooth and turn it back on then it syncs back up.

clubho
07-10-09, 03:21 PM
yeah i figured that out...also you can hit the talk button, say handsfree, bluetooth, change phones...then it finds the phone and it works again for a few minutes...but how stupid is that? During a phone call i have to do this constantly...aahhhhhhhhhh frustrating when you are on the phone for work...it's pretty embarassing to keep saying hold on a sec while i re-pair my headset you know! I sure would like a fix.

Prof
01-21-10, 07:15 AM
My IPhone still has a difficult time with Bluetooth in the V...I have finally found that if I place the Iphone in the middle of the dash, the quality is acceptable...any where else and I have a poor connection...I have not heard of others that have this issue, so I guess my problem is isolated to my phone only...

CTSVeee
01-21-10, 11:46 AM
I've had zero issues with Bluetooth and my Palm Pre. If any arise, I'll check back in on this thread.

lbenoit
01-21-10, 01:57 PM
Yes, I have the same problem with a Samsung i760 smartphone (Verizon). It pairs up as expected, but when I return to the car later with Bluetooth enabled on the phone, it is not recognized by the CTS-V receiver. Also, I have only one Bluetooth device set up on the i760 and that is the CTS-V. When I ask the CTS-V system to "list" Bluetooth devices, it indicates the i760 is paired, but won't connect unless I renew the pairing.

lavaman
01-21-10, 02:38 PM
Blackberry Storm also has zero issues. Pairs right away every time... does not drop the pairing during a call.

ScooterNYY
02-26-10, 02:09 PM
I have a 2009 CTS 3.6 DI with pretty much the works when it comes to options. I have tried to pair my new HTC Tilt2 cell phone with the bluetooth in the CTS. It says that it is paired but when someone calls and I press "connect" on the Nav screen, it connects but they can't hear me and I can't hear them. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Prof
02-26-10, 02:49 PM
I have trouble with my Iphone too connecting via Blue tooth too. I have given up, and just use the Iphone for incoming and OnStar for outgoing...how frustrating!

GMX322V S/C
02-26-10, 07:22 PM
iPhone 3G here, Prof. Worked fine with whatever software was current in December '08 and ever since. Have you tried nuking the pairing from both ends and then re-pairing?

Prof
02-26-10, 07:29 PM
I have repaired twice...and the situation has not changed...

How do I "nuke from both ends???

Roy

GMX322V S/C
02-26-10, 07:40 PM
On the iPhone-end, go into the Bluetooth settings, press the blue arrow next to the "General Motors" device, and then "Forget this Device." On the car-end, hmmm...a little rusty with the voice commands, but I believe you command a list of Bluetooth devices and then delete it by name...

09V
02-26-10, 09:06 PM
I have a Blackberry and my phone had zero issues for just about a year and then it started seeing my bluetooth when the car was off with the key in the off position. I kept having to charge my dang phone because it was constantly syncing with my bluetooth and my at home wifi. I was thinking initially it was the phone but to rule it out I pulled the negative battery terminal to reset the computer and it works perfectly again. No idea what happened or why it flaked out, but thankfully a simple fix. This may help some of the problems expressed on here.

clubho
02-26-10, 09:19 PM
I have a 2009 CTS 3.6 DI with pretty much the works when it comes to options. I have tried to pair my new HTC Tilt2 cell phone with the bluetooth in the CTS. It says that it is paired but when someone calls and I press "connect" on the Nav screen, it connects but they can't hear me and I can't hear them. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

so here is the problem...with my other HTC phones they used a different bluetooth engine that was semi-problematic with a number of cars and headsets. with the tilt 2 or touch diammond pro 2 (same phone) the moved to a different engine that is awesome for all headset but still does not work with a number of cars. unfortuantly windows mobile software does not control the functionality of the bluetooth hardware that is in the phone or the software that controls it that is HTC's development responsibility based on the hardware configuration they run. i am trying to get a ticket open at HTC to get them to fix it but they basically said sorry. sorry i wish i had better news. the only thing i can say is I "may" have tried a new HTC phone running Windows Phone 7 series (the artist formally known as...windows mobile) and it works. Maybe we get lucky and they build a patch but with Windows Phone 7 series coming out I doubt it. sorry that i don't have better news.

Prof
02-26-10, 09:45 PM
I have a Blackberry and my phone had zero issues for just about a year and then it started seeing my bluetooth when the car was off with the key in the off position. I kept having to charge my dang phone because it was constantly syncing with my bluetooth and my at home wifi. I was thinking initially it was the phone but to rule it out I pulled the negative battery terminal to reset the computer and it works perfectly again. No idea what happened or why it flaked out, but thankfully a simple fix. This may help some of the problems expressed on here.

Good input!

Disconnecting the negative terminal is like a cold boot on a computer...it resets all of the parameters to default...excellent idea....I will try it and then do the clearing of the blue tooth settings too...maybe that will solve my problem...either way...I love my V2!!!

tedcmiller
02-26-10, 11:26 PM
I have a Samsung Alias 2 that was able to pair and connect with no trouble. Note that the car displays Bluetooth in the DIC after the connection is made. If the Bluetooth function in the cell phone is not turned on, no connection is made and the message does not display.

09V
02-28-10, 12:04 AM
I have a Samsung Alias 2 that was able to pair and connect with no trouble. Note that the car displays Bluetooth in the DIC after the connection is made. If the Bluetooth function in the cell phone is not turned on, no connection is made and the message does not display.

Even though my phone was paired well and the DIC was displaying Bluetooth something was amiss and the two weren't working together. Oncen I reset the computer though and set everything back to the previous settings (without having to re-pair my phone) it worked flawlessly again 1st time. Somewhere it must have glitched and went haywire, just like the display telling me that I had to "Shift Into Park" several times and it too went away. Damn computers!

tedcmiller
02-28-10, 12:25 AM
I not only paired and connected with my Samsung Alais 2, but I was able to make calls through the cell phone using voice commands to the car phone system. I did this by saying "Bluetooth" after I said "Hands free." I know it made the call through the cell phone rather than the car phone, because the recent calls list on the cell phone showed a call to the number I specified immediately after I finished the call and disconnected.

sirjames
03-03-10, 08:55 PM
FWIW, my iPhone has never had any problems pairing with the V. Nothing but good luck so far...

tedcmiller
03-03-10, 11:12 PM
I recevied a call through my Samsung Alias 2 that went directly to the audio system in my car. I touched "Accept" on the display and was able to carry on a conversation using the mic and speakers of the car. The person calling does not even know my car phone number. Bluetooth is great. I might not even add any additional minutes to my car phone.

clubho
03-25-10, 04:38 PM
so here is the problem...with my other HTC phones they used a different bluetooth engine that was semi-problematic with a number of cars and headsets. with the tilt 2 or touch diammond pro 2 (same phone) the moved to a different engine that is awesome for all headset but still does not work with a number of cars. unfortuantly windows mobile software does not control the functionality of the bluetooth hardware that is in the phone or the software that controls it that is HTC's development responsibility based on the hardware configuration they run. i am trying to get a ticket open at HTC to get them to fix it but they basically said sorry. sorry i wish i had better news. the only thing i can say is I "may" have tried a new HTC phone running Windows Phone 7 series (the artist formally known as...windows mobile) and it works. Maybe we get lucky and they build a patch but with Windows Phone 7 series coming out I doubt it. sorry that i don't have better news.

FYI I just got my new 2010 CTSV and it seems to work better than my 2009 CTSV. I still have an issue answering an incoming call but everything else now works.