: 2009 ctsv poser in dealership..

1fstkde
01-16-09, 10:50 PM
:postpics:i know it is, but didnt have a camera on me...listen to this, im driving down ventura and pass casa de cadillac and see a black ctsv in the showroom floor. so i decide to stop to see if the salesgirl that i bought my first v from is there. maybe she knows about any lease deals yet.?.so first i head to look at the v in the showroom and take a glance at the window sticker and read $48,500!!! then glance above and see v6?? i do a double take..the car has all the v badges, front grill and spoiler..the car looks exact, except the brakes and of course the engine....how can the dealer do this??/:rant2:...what a waste of time!!!

darjae
01-16-09, 11:28 PM
It actually had V badges on it? I've seen a few dealers in town with aftermarket grills that are "V like"....and the CTS body is close to the V.... But, if they actually have V badges on it, that is unacceptable.

1fstkde
01-16-09, 11:43 PM
It actually had V badges on it? I've seen a few dealers in town with aftermarket grills that are "V like"....and the CTS body is close to the V.... But, if they actually have V badges on it, that is unacceptable. YES!!!! on the sides and back!!!! i coulndt believe it..on the showroom floor!!:mad2:..

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-09, 12:06 AM
I saw the black CTS V6 DI car a couple weeks ago when I stopped in at Casa De Cadillac and I couldn't believe a dealership would do that!

Terrible even though they are a pretty good dealership all around.

SG

darjae
01-17-09, 12:08 AM
...Casa De Cadillac

"House of the Cadillac".....that's hilarious to me.....! :histeric:

1fstkde
01-17-09, 12:28 AM
I saw the black CTS V6 DI car a couple weeks ago when I stopped in at Casa De Cadillac and I couldn't believe a dealership would do that!

Terrible even though they are a pretty good dealership all around.

SG
thank god someone else saw this, because i was thinking i was smoking some good s..t..!! casa has been around a long time, all the old movie guys, sinatra, elvis, etc.. have bought from there..sad case this time..i even went to the sales guy and told him they have the wrong sticker on the car!!

the cadillac kid
01-17-09, 12:50 AM
Did you look under the hood?

caddyhills
01-17-09, 01:02 AM
Okay, Okay - this sounds real bad - but remember - this is LA!

The town where people want to act like they have what they really don't.

And to be even fairer, how many of us have said "geez, I love the way that thing looks, probably a fun monster to drive, but I really won't need all that power in all the LA gridlock and I certainly don't want to pay for the $high dollar premium gas at 13 miles to the gallon!- if only I could get the already stellar performing regular car to look that badass=that would be the ticket!" and lo and behold, those heretics at Casa did just that and probably did it with a solid mark up on a low spec car - and a happy customer will buy it and think they got a deal - everyone will win! Now, doesn't that make it all seem better?

FYI - Casa has had 3 black on black Recaro spec V's (all sold) plus a gorgeous silver v. This is a great dealership and no, I do not work for them.

Also, today I asked a V2 owner (at a light with Casa plates) what he thought of the car - his reply was something along the lines of "fast...I've driven a Merc E55, Bentley Conti Coupe, Astons, and by far this is the best unbelievable deal"

Stellar car - God may save the queen, but let the engineers with the talent and brass balls who built this car and others like it save GM!

GMX322V S/C
01-17-09, 01:08 AM
...the car has all the v badges, front grill and spoiler..the car looks exact, except the brakes and of course the engine....how can the dealer do this??/:rant2:...what a waste of time!!!How did they handle the grilles--the real V2's lower grill opening is so much bigger. Someone actually makes a set of V2-looking grilles for the CTS?

caddyhills
01-17-09, 01:40 AM
it is a mesh set up (upper and lower) a la vogue tyre kit on the standard front end - it is not the v2 front end

like I said in my previous post - they're selling sizzle - not steak - and that will work for someone.

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-09, 10:46 AM
caddyhills,

I agree with you 100% that Casa De Cadillac is a great dealership. They are the best dealership in So Cal that I have dealt with and their service department is excellent!

I don't think they should have taken a regular CTS and put chrome wheels on it and called it a V though.

By the way that silver V they got had my name on it, but they weren't willing to deal on it, so I got mine elsewhere.

SG

1fstkde
01-17-09, 01:33 PM
Shawn I bought my first v in 05 from them...but on my stsv the wouldn't even budge on the price that was being offered everywhere else, so that's when I headed to martin and got the deal...for some reason there manager doesn't even budge for existing customers....:rant2: the only reason i give them a shot is because of Larry in service!! he is the best!!

1fstkde
01-17-09, 01:37 PM
it is a mesh set up (upper and lower) a la vogue tyre kit on the standard front end - it is not the v2 front end

like I said in my previous post - they're selling sizzle - not steak - and that will work for someone.
your right...but you have to understand the car even fooled me...there is nothing wrong with having the mesh grill, rims, and all...but to put the :v::v: badges on the car....that aint right!!! DAMM THOSE STINKIN BADGES!!!!! :thumbsup:

ExtraV
01-17-09, 02:22 PM
We need pictures of this!

Kadonny
01-18-09, 10:03 AM
Okay, And to be even fairer, how many of us have said "geez, I love the way that thing looks, probably a fun monster to drive, but I really won't need all that power in all the LA gridlock and I certainly don't want to pay for the dollar premium gas at 13 miles to the gallon!- if only I could get the already stellar performing regular car to look that badass=that would be the ticket!" and lo and behold, those heretics at Casa did just that and probably did it with a solid mark up on a low spec car - and a happy customer will buy it and think they got a deal - everyone will win! Now, doesn't that make it all seem better?

I'm ok with them adding everything but the V badges. You can't put V badges on a V6 car no matter what. That's the bottom line. And a dealership doing it too? Shame on them.

the cadillac kid
01-18-09, 12:40 PM
:yeah:

But now that I think about it, I remember a Jeep salesman showing us a non-SRT8 GC with SRT8 badging; nothing about it was altered, just misbadged. I pointed it to the guy & they were puzzled by it & had it pulled into the garage to be corrected.

caddyhills
01-18-09, 01:26 PM
Yeah... I see everyone's point. They should lose the V badge at the back, unless of course they are selling it as the complete V appearance package and they think that is justified as part of the package.

I personally would not want the v badge on a non V - but I think the look of the V is phenomenal and looks good applied to a non V CTS.

And do not get me wrong - I was saying in my previous post that this is a good deal because the customer is getting a good deal on a non V car with a v look - not that they think they are getting a deal on an actual v - all they have to do is look at the sticker and see the car is a normal car.

ylwjacket
01-18-09, 07:12 PM
maybe it's like that ctsvxi or whatever that was for gen 1.

Flavoade
01-18-09, 08:30 PM
Did it even have the hood bulge?

louiefl99
01-18-09, 09:00 PM
Announcing the new Escalade V - saw this on the road in south Florida this afternoon doing some testing near the local mall. I guess anything with a Cadillac crest is fair game. V badges on both doors and the rear trunklid...

caddyhills
01-18-09, 11:30 PM
maybe it's like that ctsvxi or whatever that was for gen 1.

Funny you say that - I was going to use that example as well - I remember when I walked into the dealer and saw the CTX - I was like "what is that?" and the salesperson plainly replied that it was an appearance package only. I remember thinking to myself why doesn't someone just buy the V1 front end, rocker panels and rear bumper and have a cool looking regular CTS.

To each their own - I think the CTX made the 1st gen car look like a Tranformer.:eek:

CSX
01-19-09, 12:45 AM
Announcing the new Escalade V - saw this on the road in south Florida this afternoon doing some testing near the local mall. I guess anything with a Cadillac crest is fair game. V badges on both doors and the rear trunklid...

Does anyone remember the rumors of the Escalade-V with a V-12 engine from a few years back? That could have been an awesome vehicle...

1fstkde
01-19-09, 02:43 AM
Did it even have the hood bulge?
no buldge...

caddyhills
01-19-09, 02:44 AM
Does anyone remember the rumors of the Escalade-V with a V-12 engine from a few years back? That could have been an awesome vehicle...

The problem I see with that is a car that is not that overall faster, will be artificially restricted to a max speed, will have the same top end as the regular v8 but will possibly suck up more gas.

it is kind of like the opposite of the spectrum of the Escalade Hybrid - an interesting idea, but it really does not matter what the fuel delivery system is, the sheer weight and mass of the truck will cause the performance to be restricted.

The Black Dahlia
01-19-09, 09:31 PM
My jaw is on the floor by this post. I know Casa is a bit shady, but this is down right wrong. Pretty sad when a dealerships integrity is blown by the "ideas" of an accessory manager. Ha!

CtsVrod
01-21-09, 08:18 PM
Thats HORRIBLE!!! Im gonna have to check it out, and take some pics (if someone hasnt bought it :alchi: ) when I bring the Escalade in for Service.

Dr. Design
01-21-09, 09:33 PM
:tisk: That's not cool!

GM-4-LIFE
01-22-09, 10:32 AM
I work right down the street from Casa. I will see if I can pop in and take some pics for you guys.

They did a nice job on the appearance, except for the V badges.

SG

Rgc
01-22-09, 08:42 PM
mercedes does the same thing my buddy has an s500 with amg body kit and badges.
I make fun of him all the time.

CIWS
01-23-09, 07:35 AM
mercedes does the same thing my buddy has an s500 with amg body kit and badges.
I make fun of him all the time.

One difference is Mercedes will sell you a car with the AMG on it if you add the body kits on certain models. Kinda sad.

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-23-09, 07:41 AM
and to be even fairer, how many of us have said "geez, i love the way that thing looks, probably a fun monster to drive, but i really won't need all that power in all the la gridlock and i certainly don't want to pay for the dollar premium gas at 13 miles to the gallon!- if only i could get the already stellar performing regular car to look that badass=that would be the ticket!" and lo and behold, those heretics at casa did just that and probably did it with a solid mark up on a low spec car - and a happy customer will buy it and think they got a deal - everyone will win! Now, doesn't that make it all seem better?

nope

RightTurn
01-23-09, 08:08 AM
Seems to me that this dealership should be reported to GM or something. This seems unethical to say the very least. It's one thing when some idiot puts V emblems on his own non-V :tard: , but a dealership?? What happened to truth in advertising or whatever? SHEESH.

Hogg
01-23-09, 09:39 AM
I would think that the dealership would only get into trouble if they were altering the actual paper work that accompanies the car.

Running the VIN is always a good idea.

peace
Hog

concorso
01-23-09, 04:29 PM
One difference is Mercedes will sell you a car with the AMG on it if you add the body kits on certain models. Kinda sad. My parents drive an E500 thats badged as an AMG. The AMG package is not all flash, tho. My parents' E included more aggresively tuned suspension and higher performing brakes. The wheels and grill were also slightly different then the actual E55. There was some kinda of interior package, too, 2 tone brown with alcantara, maybe even suede. Point is that it was more then just throwing the AMG body on it.

There should be a V package for the CTS from the factory, OEM. Make it slightly different looking then the V (maybe just the base grill in body color), and add a sporty exhaust note and some suspension/brake work. And NO V badges.

caddyhills
01-28-09, 01:27 AM
Seems to me that this dealership should be reported to GM or something. This seems unethical to say the very least. It's one thing when some idiot puts V emblems on his own non-V :tard: , but a dealership?? What happened to truth in advertising or whatever? SHEESH.

There is a dealer added items list on the car. It includes a "V Appearance Package" on that list - everyone knows it's not a real V - just a (sort of) look alike.

xx_baddycaddy_xx
01-28-09, 02:35 AM
I live up the street and have been inside to see it too. It looks like a V but the grill is still the regular one, but its mesh. It has the V logos and everything.

The Black Dahlia
01-29-09, 01:15 PM
Lame. Casa is laaaaame. They should learn to sell cars without fake hype.

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 01:36 PM
I took pics of the car yesterday.

I will post them sometime today.

SG

GM-4-LIFE
01-29-09, 05:15 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/160304-pics-poser-v-casa-de-cadillac.html