: Where to go to get the best price on a new V?

haterinc
01-16-09, 01:33 PM
Sorry I'm new here and due to the "rules" I can't PM anyone due to potential spam. Not very user friendly but whatever... anway I have an 07 CTS now and I'm going to get a V for my new company car. My local dealer here in Cincinnati is charging $5k over sticker on them. That is probably the reason they have about 10 sitting there. Well, my company has bought 2 Caddys in the past 6 months from them so they said they'll waive the $5k. I get on here and see them going better.

They're willing to give me $2k Caddillac loyalty towards an 09 CTS but not the V. They're also offering another $1,500 for something else.

So, that brings me to the point of this rambling... from the members experience, who is offering the best deal.

thanks!

too newbie to PMbie

urbanski
01-16-09, 01:35 PM
call a forum dealer, look right.

the rules about PMs are clearly laid out in our forum agreement, the agreement you clicked "yes" to when registering. PMs are enabled automatically for supporting members.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

haterinc
01-16-09, 01:53 PM
ha... no offense there man. just saying it was kind of confusing at first for someone new here to figure out how to talk to anyone. and i doubt you bought your V without a test drive. i just wanted to get on here a little bit and test it out before becoming more "supportive" :D

trukk
01-16-09, 02:00 PM
Dude don't be a Hater. :hide: (sorry couldn't resist)

Give Cadillac Tony a call. He has a few in stock, ready to deal on.

-Chris

trukk
01-16-09, 02:02 PM
ha... no offense there man. just saying it was kind of confusing at first for someone new here to figure out how to talk to anyone. and i doubt you bought your V without a test drive. i just wanted to get on here a little bit and test it out before becoming more "supportive" :D

Urbanski has always been a real 'supporter'

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31MGpj7EpzL._sexy-man-underwear_.jpg

-Chris

Luna.
01-16-09, 02:39 PM
Sorry I'm new here and due to the "rules" I can't PM anyone due to potential spam. Not very user friendly but whatever... anway I have an 07 CTS now and I'm going to get a V for my new company car. My local dealer here in Cincinnati is charging $5k over sticker on them. That is probably the reason they have about 10 sitting there. Well, my company has bought 2 Caddys in the past 6 months from them so they said they'll waive the $5k. I get on here and see them going better.

They're willing to give me $2k Caddillac loyalty towards an 09 CTS but not the V. They're also offering another $1,500 for something else.

So, that brings me to the point of this rambling... from the members experience, who is offering the best deal.

thanks!

too newbie to PMbie

I believe they are doing that $5k markup so that they can ultimately get MSRP for it. It's merely a starting point for them. I think it lends itself to the customer believing they got a "good" deal when, in reality, they didn't.

That's related to one of my favorite all time salesman comments: "If you buy this car right now, I'll save you this [$5k] and waive the markup."

To which I looked at him and said, "Hell, why not mark it up $10k and save me even more..."

:thepan:

Apparently, some people fall for that BS...

In any case, some dealers out here in So Cal are doing the same thing. Either be patient or purchase from Tony or Scott--they'll hook you up with a price that will probably beat what you can get locally, even with shipping costs on top of that!

What's disappointing to me is that the dealer that your company purchased TWO cars from in the past 6 months is only waiving a bullsh*t markup fee? That's such trash... :tisk:

Aye--see comment above

haterinc
01-16-09, 03:10 PM
ah thanks, I've seen Tony post a lot so I checked out his inventory. I didn't see what I'm looking for yet, but I book marked his site and will check back I guess.

I used to have a Stealth TT that was in the 11's so it will be nice to get a ready platform again, although this won't take near as much as that did. Hennessey has some nice packaged deals I've enquired on since my last post. I'm wondering if their 610hp package is crank or rwhp. EFIlive claims to have rwhp up to 470s with his new ECM.

james4513
01-16-09, 03:33 PM
Call Scott Pratt at Superior in MI (see their ad on this page). Just picked up a V from him last week at Supplier pricing. He has some unsold V's at that time. He did a very nice job with me. Good luck.

FreddyG
01-16-09, 05:27 PM
You could always shoot him an e-mail since you can't pm them!

I'm sure they'd be More than Happy to help you out!

Good Luck! :cheers:

IRONDOG
01-16-09, 05:40 PM

the rules about PMs are clearly laid out in our forum agreement, the agreement you clicked "yes" to when registering. PMs are enabled automatically for supporting members.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

The Infiniti forum loads up quick, instant private message capability and is free. What say you Urbanski?

Luna.
01-16-09, 06:26 PM
The Infiniti forum loads up quick, instant private message capability and is free. What say you Urbanski?

This forum is better? :bouncy:

carterb
01-16-09, 08:36 PM
... anway I have an 07 CTS now and I'm going to get a V for my new company car. My local dealer here in Cincinnati is charging $5k over sticker on them. That is probably the reason they have about 10 sitting there. Well, my company has bought 2 Caddys in the past 6 months from them so they said they'll waive the $5k. I get on here and see them going better.

thanks!

too newbie to PMbie Lots of horsepower for a new "company car", eh? :sneaky:

(I wish the company I work for would get one !) :thumbsup:

Krug Ford
01-17-09, 02:46 PM
I have 4 CTS-V's in stock right now.