: What's the story with Launch Control?

edsuski
01-16-09, 12:06 PM
Early reports mentioned that the V would have launch control but more recent articles claim it was not available at launch. I don't see anything about it in the owner's manual (?).

Who knows what the official story is on Launch Control for the 2009 CTS-V?

wait4me
01-16-09, 12:27 PM
Not sure? Didnt your come with this???

http://wait4meperformance.com/untitled.jpg

Luna.
01-16-09, 01:23 PM
This is one item that would seem strange for the '09 V not to have. When I read/hear this, I immediately think of Ford's GT-500 & how well that system works. Not on the '09 V? Very weird...:confused:

trukk
01-16-09, 02:46 PM
Not sure? Didnt your come with this???

http://wait4meperformance.com/untitled.jpg

Hur. :bouncy:

-Chris

Chris74
01-16-09, 06:41 PM
Early reports mentioned that the V would have launch control but more recent articles claim it was not available at launch. I don't see anything about it in the owner's manual (?).

Who knows what the official story is on Launch Control for the 2009 CTS-V?

When I went to the Monticello Race Track Cadillac Driving Event, one of the lead CTS-V engineers said it was not ready for the 2009 cars. Also stated in was in development for the 2010 cars. I mentioned the ZR1 had it for 2009, so what caused the miss on the V. He didn't have a great answer and stated it just could not get tested in time for production release of the car.

I wonder if they had Launch Control on the test car to get the 0-60 time under 4 seconds. I'm yet to see magazine/online auto company get that low. Who knows!

Razorecko
01-16-09, 10:19 PM
^ http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=6913 at the bottom.

Damn - makes me wonder if i should pull my deposit and suck it up for a year. Something like launch control would make a helluva difference. I'm guessing it'd be for both manual and automatic versions. Anyone know how the lc works on the standard zr1 tranny ?

Razorecko
01-16-09, 10:22 PM
" when the computer senses that the dual disc clutch is depressed and the RPMS are over 2000, it anticipates a hard launch and changes the front and rear mag. ride shocks to about 10% of max. thus providing for some serious weight transfer "

" One piece of standard tech that only a few have discussed thus far is the ZR1's launch control. The system automatically limits engine torque to keep the rear tires hooked up. It's different from traction control because launch control actually allows some wheel spin and progressively feeds in power to produce jack-rabbit starts. With it, even novice drivers can maximize nearly all the thrust the ZR1 has to offer "

which one is it ?

RapidRob
01-16-09, 11:00 PM
^^^^^ I'm still glad I put my order in already - just in case Cadillac decides they won't build CTS-V's for 2010. Could happen with the current economic/political environment. And hopefully, launch control sounds like it's a software feature, and might be able to be installed with a software upgrade to 09 V2's.

Rob

Razorecko
01-16-09, 11:15 PM
^ yea, i'm also glad i got my order in before january - mine is being built at the end of feb. But if it is something that is automatically performed by the vehicle after a set rpm with staging the shocks that its something the dealer should even be able to update/upgrade to in the '09's. But like you said, with the current economic situation it wouldn't be suprising to find these sports cars nixed soon. That'll leave only the rich people that can afford ferrari's and lambo's to enjoy high performance vehicles. If that is the case the used sports car market will blow up.

trukk
01-17-09, 09:37 AM
..What do you think the odds are that GM took a look at the issues Nissan's GT-R is having with exploderating drive train bits caused by their launch control in their 4000lb car, cand decided to put this capability on perma-hold?

Nissan sh!t-canned LC for the 2010 model.

-Chris

poor-sha
01-17-09, 10:59 AM
It's funny, when I first read this thread I thought to myself '"that's it, I'm going to wait until 2010" and then I realized that I had launch control (aftermarket) in my STi and never used it once. I can't see me ever using it on the V2 either. Unless you're drag racing or racing in a series with standing starts I just don't see the applicability.

I think I can get ahead of that car in the next lane when the light turns green without launch control to eek out that extra .1 sec.

Razorecko
01-17-09, 10:59 AM
..What do you think the odds are that GM took a look at the issues Nissan's GT-R is having with exploderating drive train bits caused by their launch control in their 4000lb car, cand decided to put this capability on perma-hold?

-Chris

And the best part of that is when the magazines start testing the 2010 GTR and come to find out that its slower than the 2009. EVERY single time a magazine produced for that hunk of crap was with the LC.

poor-sha
01-17-09, 11:00 AM

-Chris

They had it just long enough to make sure the magazine testers all got the best 1/4 mile results possible

NormV
01-17-09, 02:55 PM
BMW's SMG didn't offer when it first came stateside for liability purposes either.

Norm