: How many '04 owners have gone back and gotten FG2?

jeffgtx
06-29-04, 03:24 PM
and did you have to pay more than if you had ordered it with the car?

would you recommend it? I think Cal is on record as saying the ride doesn;t get too harsh.

I want it for cornering...not launching.

any opinions?

Thanks
Jeff

DgtalPimp
06-29-04, 03:30 PM
I have not gotten FG2

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

ctsvett
06-29-04, 03:32 PM
I am considering.. I want to ride in one first if only to justify the cost in my mind.

Also depends on aftermarket fix for wheelhop.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

muvovr
06-29-04, 08:30 PM
I check into this and the cost is way out of line ($1800) plus labor.
There are way better options out there for that price range and you would get ride height adjustment along with the improved handling.

my 2

Cal
06-30-04, 12:12 AM
The part is $1160 if you negotiate the cost (that is 20% shop discount) plus what I paid, an overpriced $500 or so for labor.

miscreant who has driven one after the other has been quoted saying it removes 80% of wheel hop and lets you lay a patch as well as grabbing the corners a LOT harder. I can confirm. Wheel hop essentially eliminated, you can chirp through 4th if you shift properly (only chirped 4th once).

I have noticed almost no ride difference at all, I asked a friend who rode in the back seat the other night and she said it was not uncomfortable at all she said it was a smooth ride. So scratch that off your list.

Worth the $$ in my opinion since the other kits that will be out there are going to be big dollars. I have no idea why people want this car lowered. With the roads where I live I'd be leaving spare parts on the asphalt.

miscreant
06-30-04, 11:40 AM
I check into this and the cost is way out of line ($1800) plus labor.
There are way better options out there for that price range and you would get ride height adjustment along with the improved handling.

my 2
No, that price is too high. Suggested retail on the kit is $1395. Suggested labor charge is 4-5 hours (mainly because 50% of the front suspension has to come off [the front upper a-arms are bolted to the shock first, then bolted to the car], and the complete rear interior has to come out [the truck liners, rear seat, rear trim, rear deck!])...

You can get it through GMpartsDirect.com for ~$960 + shipping (kinda high shipping though).

sefa01
06-30-04, 02:17 PM
Does anyone have the GM part # for the FG2?

Got e-mail back from gmpartsdirect.com. part # is 12499241

StealthV
06-30-04, 03:11 PM
Utfsb