: 00 Devile: Hardwire or harness?

SuperC
01-15-09, 09:47 PM
If I hardwire I lose the chimes, is that really a big deal? Are there any serious draw backs to loosing them? I know I lose OnStar, but it doesn't work. I would however like to keep the steering wheel controls which scosche makes an adapter ($89.00)

I hat to buy a $200.00 wiring harness when I can just buy a mids and highs amp for $150.00.

What do I need to be concerned about?

-C

CadillacSTS42005
01-15-09, 11:29 PM
go on do a hardwire
and when everything in your car fails to work
youll know why

please search this has been discussed 100xs, why do you think that harness exists

01devilledts
01-24-09, 12:13 AM
You CAN do a hardwire without any fault codes.

All you loose is a stupid ding when you dont put your seatbelt on, leave your keys in the ignition, forget your lights (who actually turnes lights on and off with cadillacs) and the turn signal reminder.

I have had a hardwired headunit in my dts for about 4 years now with no trouble what-so-ever.

I didnt do anything special.

I have the pac steering wheel controll module so I could retain my steering wheel controls

focused313
01-27-09, 02:18 PM
I was wondering this as well. I don't care about chimes at all. I'm glad I found this forum though. It's making me want to just go ahead and get a Dodge Magnum. Way too much crap with these radios.

PA93STS
01-28-09, 01:18 PM
Oh yes! A Dodge will solve all your problems! :alchi: