: XLR-V Performance Sway Bars

Fire and Ice
01-15-09, 02:52 PM
Now available from D3! For dramatically improved cornering potential, improved chassis balance and steering response, D3 now offers performance sway bar packages for your XLR or XLR-V. MSRP is $440.00 for the package. Please contact our sales department for more information.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa72/mistuman/D3Cadillac_XLR_SwayBarSystemcopy.jpg

Dr. Design
02-19-09, 10:34 PM
BUMP^
We have these in stock and ready to ship. GREAT MODIFICATION!!! This is the way the XLR-V should handle like from the factory.

Dr. D
D3 Cadillac

jackparker
03-14-09, 02:06 PM
Dr. Design, I have a question for you.

I have a V and Iím considering a stiffer set of sway bars. Iím considering the Corvette ZO6 bars which I can get for around $200.00 as take offs or your new bars which cost $440.00 plus shipping.

How do the standard Vís bars compare to the ZO6 bars? How do the D3 bars compare to the Vís bars and to the ZO6 bars?

Will any of these choices affect ride more than the other? I love to drive the twisty roads and hope to do some ďtrack daysĒ at Road Atlanta, but my wife uses the car as a daily driver, and I canít diminish the ride (by too much anyway).

Jack

Dr. Design
03-16-09, 10:33 PM
Hello Jack,
You bring up an interesting point. The breakdown would be as follows:
The XLRV is equal to the C6 vette as far as the sway bars.
The ZO6 is not matched by the XLR-V in factory trim. However the bars that we offer could be considered an upgrade even for the ZO6 application by 20%! As for the performance, I think you will be quite pleased by the addition of the upgraded sway bars. Some of us here are big into road course racing! You will like them! :D

Please let us know if there are any other questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Dr. Design, I have a question for you.

I have a V and Iím considering a stiffer set of sway bars. Iím considering the Corvette ZO6 bars which I can get for around $200.00 as take offs or your new bars which cost $440.00 plus shipping.

How do the standard Vís bars compare to the ZO6 bars? How do the D3 bars compare to the Vís bars and to the ZO6 bars?

Will any of these choices affect ride more than the other? I love to drive the twisty roads and hope to do some ďtrack daysĒ at Road Atlanta, but my wife uses the car as a daily driver, and I canít diminish the ride (by too much anyway).

Jack

vixapphire
03-20-09, 04:59 PM
Out of curiosity, where do the ZR1 sway bars fall on this continuum? Are they beyond the D3 bars for hard-nosed asskicking? Do they even fit on the XLR-V, or is the ZR1 a different animal that way?

Dr. Design
03-25-09, 08:43 PM
Hmm that is a good question. I dont know the specs on that application just yet. I dont know if they are the same or not. Depending on how agressive they got on the ZR1 I would imagine it would be slotted under that application. We are supposed to be getting one in here in the next couple of weeks, so we will check it out and let you know.:thumbsup:

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Out of curiosity, where do the ZR1 sway bars fall on this continuum? Are they beyond the D3 bars for hard-nosed asskicking? Do they even fit on the XLR-V, or is the ZR1 a different animal that way?

deadringer
04-13-09, 04:48 PM
I just received these bars... and they're definitely beefy.

The question is. which of the 3 adjustment holes do you guys at D3 recommend based on your drive testing?

Dr. Design
04-13-09, 07:22 PM
Hello,
Glad you got the bars. We usually set them up on the middle. You can adjust based on if you want to introduce more understeer or oversteer.

Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I just received these bars... and they're definitely beefy.

The question is. which of the 3 adjustment holes do you guys at D3 recommend based on your drive testing?