: HELP!! My 75 was bumped and now I need parts

75sled
01-14-09, 05:15 PM
Can you guys recommend a good place for body parts? My Coupe DeVille was struck by a triple axle dump truck (with all 3 axles) and he messed up my rubber bumper strip. Now that is funny. But seriously, he did mess up the bumper strip, but the end of the bumper was slightly bent inward also. Now I need a bumper.

I went to my local body shop where I have had other work done and he couldn't get me the part. He said if i could find the part he could give me an estimate to put it on (this is for the insurance company). Anyway, I am having a hard time locating body parts for this beast. I found one place that wants about $1500 for the bumber assembly, but I wanted to shop it out and make sure I wasn't being ripped a new one. That seemed a little pricey.

sven914
01-16-09, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure how much they changed the rear bumper assembly between 75 and 76, but here's someone parting out their 76 Coupe De Ville on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/72-76-77-79-Cadillac-Deville-grill-parting-bumper-hood_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116 QQitemZ300282828697QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPar tsQ5fAccessories).

I would also check around local junk yards.