: Headgasket test kit ?

zr1mark
01-14-09, 03:16 PM
In 2 months I'll be buying another 2 years of warranty on the used engine I put in the '99 Eldorado. I've read about a kit which turns color after contacting the anti-freeze. Can someone tell me where I can find it ? I'd like to just make sure everything is o-k before I shell out the cash...

Thanks to all....

Ranger
01-14-09, 04:08 PM
Napa has them for $50, but someone just posted a link for a cheaper one online. You'll have to search for it. I'll come back and post the link if I run across it.

creeker
01-14-09, 10:00 PM
Napa has them for $50, but someone just posted a link for a cheaper one online. You'll have to search for it. I'll come back and post the link if I run across it.

I've always wondered,if there was a caddy with a N* star sitting for sale in a used car lot,could you run a test for gases in a/f with one of these kits by simply dunking the strip in the surge tank?,or would it have to be ran for awhile?.

Ranger
01-14-09, 10:27 PM
My understanding is that you don't test the coolant, but the air in the tank above the coolant, unless there is another type of tester.

creeker
01-14-09, 10:40 PM
My understanding is that you don't test the coolant, but the air in the tank above the coolant, unless there is another type of tester.

Thanks Ranger,I dont know of another test,I just assumed the strip was dunked in the a/f.

jeffrsmith
01-16-09, 10:49 PM
Follow the link, this is for the $28 test kit, there are also brief instructions on how to use the tester.

http://www.usatoolwarehouse.com/usatoolwarehouse/LIS-75500-p-LIS.html

You don't have to run the car for that long in order to do the test. If you were interested in the car, take it for a short test drive and stop off in a parking lot and do the test - takes less than 5 mins to do the test.

zr1mark
01-20-09, 09:44 AM
Thanks men !!!!!!!!

You Rock !!! :worship: