: Stereo breaks

DgtalPimp
06-29-04, 12:10 PM
During driving and the radio on (not CD or DVD) regardless of the station, I get "breaks" in the music. Like the system stops for a second (half a second) and there is no music, noise, etc during this time. I was trying to think where the problem could exist (it does not appear to be the radio station, since it is across all stations I listen to, and it happens at what seems to be random times, thus ruling our location (near by missile silos, underground TV broadcasting, ice hole chicken sh!t terrorist with high powered radar jammer). If I had to point to an area I say there is a system wide "glitch" is, I would suggest the stereo unit, or even up stream (main unit controlling the stereo?). The lights, numbers, and information all stay on the screen, and the music only breaks for about a second, maybe a little less, then comes back in.

Does anyone else experience this?

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

miscreant
06-29-04, 12:17 PM
Sounds like an amplifier problem.

DgtalPimp
06-29-04, 12:23 PM
Miscreant -- Good point. I should ask the dealer to look in to this.

Kels55
06-29-04, 04:49 PM
If you are referring to FM radio, it probably is the amp or a lose antenna connection. If you are talking about XM Radio, then you are probably just getting the break as one satellite switches over to another satillite as it moves over the horizon.

I get these breaks once in a while, but only while listening to the satellite radio and this is the most likely situation I can think of for this to occur (similar to satellite TV).

lasstss
06-29-04, 05:11 PM
If XM.. I find that it occasionally 'winks' out while driving. I was in WV this weekend in the mountains. No FM or XM at all.

CTSV OWNER
06-29-04, 05:20 PM
A shorted speaker wire will also take out the whole system. I usually see this when the owner listens to alot of bass.The speaker wires flex and somtime fray when they do it could ground itself out and cause the anomilys you are describeing.

I have seen it most often in the rear speakers.

DgtalPimp
06-29-04, 06:06 PM
Thanks to all of you for your posts. I'll ask the dealer to work this out and what ever it is I'll post here.