: Combo means fries and soda.

Jesda
01-13-09, 10:20 PM
The Burger King in Missoula, Montana hates America. In this country (unless you count Big Sky Country as a sovereign nation), ordering a combo meal means fries and soda.

I asked for the italian chicken combo meal and paid $6.29.

When I walked up to get my order, I said "Can I get the fries?"

The guy (who was otherwise quite friendly) tried to tell me I didn't order fries when I asked for the italian chicken combo, but he'd throw some in for free.

"Oh, sorry, you didnt tell me you wanted fries, you can have some for free"

'Uhh wut, ok.'

I rolled my eyes and took my "free" fries back to my table.

On the menu, the italian chicken sandwich combo is $6.29. I checked my receipt and he apparently rang it up as a single sandwich and a single small soda instead of a combo, for the same price of $6.29.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/09/ceo_socnet/image/burger-king.jpg
Nice try, you bastard.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-09, 10:23 PM
I used to really like BK, but in the last 3-4 years, their quality of food and service has really dropped. Don't know why.

billc83
01-13-09, 10:34 PM
Just from the title I figured I'd add:

Preaching. Choir.

TomDeville
01-13-09, 10:36 PM
After my last BK experience...
Things were very bleak; since, I
could shit through the eye of a needle
for well over a week:ack:

:cool2:TomDeville:cool2:

orconn
01-13-09, 10:45 PM
After my last BK experience...
Things were very bleak; since, I
could shit through the eye of a needle
for well over a week:ack:

:cool2:TomDeville:cool2:

"I could shit through the eye of a needle" must be some Canadian colloquialism!

dkozloski
01-14-09, 12:14 AM
"I could shit through the eye of a needle" must be some Canadian colloquialism!
It's a very common saying. You must have been behind the door when they rattled the shucks.

dkozloski
01-14-09, 12:15 AM
All the BK locations in Fairbanks have gone broke and closed the doors. Some were turned into taco stands and another sits vacant.

Coma
01-14-09, 09:22 AM
What's this 'soda' you speak of? We drink pop!

Jesda
01-14-09, 10:26 AM
What's this 'soda' you speak of? We drink pop!

"Pop" is how terrorists refer to carbonated beverages.

ryannel2003
01-14-09, 10:48 AM
BK sucks here. Quality is terrible. Service is terrible. Food is served by people that didn't finish the 9th grade and look like they've been living in dumpsters.

gary88
01-14-09, 11:39 AM
http://bacolicio.us/http://www.cadillacowners.com/forum

Rolex
01-14-09, 11:39 AM
The last time I ate at a local BK was well over a year ago. There are several things you should keep in mind when ordering at the local BK: Don't be in a hurry, don't expect friendly or courteous service, and always check your to go bag for the correct order. I can't remember a single time they actually got my order correct. Even when you politely ask them for the correct order, they treat you like you are seriously putting them to a great deal of trouble to correct their mistake.

When I pass the bag back to them I never take my eyes off the person handling my food either. You get the distinct impression that they're watching you to see if you're watching them. Yeah, maybe I'm paranoid about getting my chow spit on. This is another reason I don't miss fast food all that much.

RightTurn
01-14-09, 11:43 AM
The last time I ate at a BK was in 1993, when I saw a rat run across the dining area I had to leave. :shiver:

slk230mb
01-14-09, 01:16 PM
http://bacolicio.us/http://www.cadillacowners.com/forum

Best. Website. Ever.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-09, 06:48 PM
BK sucks here. Quality is terrible. Service is terrible. Food is served by people that didn't finish the 9th grade and look like they've been living in dumpsters.

It's funny how much the BK in your town resembles the BK in my town. :)

MauiV
01-14-09, 07:46 PM
"Pop" is how terrorists refer to carbonated beverages.

Ill take your expert opinion.

BTW, its ALL Coke.

"What kinda Coke you want?", "Ill have a Mt Dew, thanks"

c5 rv
01-14-09, 08:58 PM
I used to like BK - flame broiled burgers and onion rings. About 15 years ago I learned that while the other major chains were testing for food borne pathogens, BK did not. A BK exec told the company that made the tests that since they weren't about to test every burger, they weren't going to test anything. I never went back.

Coma
01-15-09, 10:25 AM

BTW, its ALL Coke.

I've never understood that. Mountain Dew is made by Pepsi Cola. Coke is made by Coca Cola. Dr. Pepper is made by Cadbury Schweppes. These are all cola manufacturers. You can have slang words like soda-pop, pop, cola, or soft-drink. But calling it coke would be absolutely incorrect.

That is all.

Rolex
01-15-09, 10:39 AM

BTW, its ALL Coke.

I thought calling everything "coke" was a Southern condition. After being around all these yankees for so long I've taken to calling them sodas. Either way I don't drink them anymore.

MauiV
01-15-09, 12:46 PM
I thought calling everything "coke" was a Southern condition.

Correct. Fug a bunch of Yankees. Just another reason not to cross the River.

Spyder
01-16-09, 08:30 AM
It's all coke to me too...though I've heard soda and pop and pepsi and some other random stuff. I usually don't drink it either, unless its in the fridge then it calls my name...like right now... damnitt...

I don't buy it, but the roommate keeps the fridge stocked with Dr. Pepper and RC, both of which sometimes I need. =]

dkozloski
01-16-09, 09:50 AM
Dr. Pepper=carbonated prune juice.

Coma
01-16-09, 10:27 AM
23 flavors my ass...

Spyder
01-16-09, 09:15 PM
Mmmmmmm...carbonated prune juice...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-09, 09:37 PM
I had 1919 Original Root Beer today while at Famous Dave's. That stuff is the shit. :yup:

Jesda
01-18-09, 05:24 AM
I still need to try Famous Daves. What's their best thing?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-18-09, 10:46 AM
So many good choices...

I love the Manhandler sandwich (spicy sausage on top of beef brisket), but when I went on Friday, I had the Ultimate BBQ Burger, which puts bacon on top of cheddar cheese, on top of georgia chopped pork, on top of a ground beef patty. It was one of the better burgers I've had in a while.

And they have the best fries at a (relatively cheap) restaurant. They're those thick cut steak fries, but they're always crispy and almost never soggy and underdone.

dkozloski
01-18-09, 01:02 PM
So many good choices...

I love the Manhandler sandwich (spicy sausage on top of beef brisket), but when I went on Friday, I had the Ultimate BBQ Burger, which puts bacon on top of cheddar cheese, on top of georgia chopped pork, on top of a ground beef patty. It was one of the better burgers I've had in a while.

And they have the best fries at a (relatively cheap) restaurant. They're those thick cut steak fries, but they're always crispy and almost never soggy and underdone.
You need to try the medium rare prime rib sandwich at "The Cookie Jar" in Fairbanks.

MauiV
01-18-09, 08:08 PM
I still need to try Famous Daves. What's their best thing?

The wife and I normally split the Feast for Two.

Coma
01-19-09, 10:04 AM
I was just at Famous Daves for lunch last week and I enjoyed the meal. A friend of mine works there and we get a huge discount (free). :)

dkozloski
01-19-09, 12:40 PM
I was just at Famous Daves for lunch last week and I enjoyed the meal. A friend of mine works there and we get a huge discount (free). :)
The best part is that the owner knows nothing about the arrangement.
Back when I was in the restaurent racket everybody there served their friends steaks and charged them for hamburgers. The cook hauled stuff out the backdoor by the carload. If you own an eatery you'd better be there every minute it's open.

Aron9000
01-20-09, 01:14 AM
I didn't know Famous Dave's was a national chain. I thought they were just in the southeast. Good place, I always get the stuffed baked potatoe.

Coma
01-20-09, 09:47 AM
The first two times I went there, wasn't too impressed. This last time, however, was awesome! Gonna go there more often I think.

And I love their cornbread. Might as well call it cake, yum!