: Fog Lights

Southern-Hospitality
01-13-09, 12:39 AM
How the hell do i get these out? The front end spent some time under water and my right fog light went out, I've decided I'm going to fix it now aha.

Pictures or an explanation would be great.

iiF3LiXii
01-13-09, 11:58 AM
Ya got to get under the car man!! Haha! There is some brackets securing the assembly to the bumper cover. If ya cant find it under there bring it to a shop. Its a lot easier on a lift. Like anything els.

Southern-Hospitality
01-13-09, 06:46 PM
Yea it's a tight squeeze which is why I have had a hard time figuring out how the whole thing comes out.

Is there anything the water might have done other than just burn the bulb out?

iiF3LiXii
01-13-09, 06:59 PM
blow a fuse, but i doubt it.

AHazzardToAll
01-13-09, 09:05 PM
if you're just changing out the bulb then you can just kind of slide right under the car (glasses might be smart) and full a rubber boot of the bottom of the assembly (the one on the inside of the assembly) and swap out the bulb. the assembly has like three screws holding it on and two wires that fit into the backside of it. one screw connects to the lower air dam, one to the far "outside" side of the assem, and one on the lower half i believe. this is all from memory, i believe the bulb is an H3.

AHazzardToAll
01-13-09, 09:07 PM
you might also have (want) to clean some corrosion off the "hook" or "clip" that holds the bulb in, it's the ground connection and it doesn't always make perfect contact.

CateraMV6
01-14-09, 12:49 PM
Remove clean reainstall however I think your reflecting surfaces are screwed up... and you will be better off getting a new one... or one out of a junk yard... the ones around here are full of Catera Parts...

Southern-Hospitality
01-15-09, 10:59 PM
The reflectors actually aren't bad, I have the bulb I am just waiting till this insane -20 weather goes away.