: Computer codes and more help wanted

92deville-loveit
06-29-04, 06:48 AM
My wrecked 96 Seville STS now drives very nicely but it has a fw codes that I need to clear -

When I started it had a dozen codes but now only 4 remain unresolved:

pcm0340 which I think triggers the service ignition message on the dash readout

sd codes for left and right air bags ... What can I do to trick the computer into thinking the air bags are still good? The message service air bags flashes regularly and the airbag light stays on.

Also there is an ac code that I think is for the ambient air sensor which looks functional but must be broken as it hangs down lose

What does it mean options not set? That code falshes continously also.

What are the steps to make the computer show the coolant temp?

Where is the oil level sensor as the message check oil level flashes continually too.

Is the tranction light supposed to stay lit?

I assume that the service engine light will stay lit uptil the pcm0340 issue gets resolved ...

any help is appreciated ... please do if possible also send a copy of your replies to ibmpro@ez2.net or ibmpro@yahoo.com

thanks
Bob Mc Knight
29856 Avenida de Fiesta
Sun City, CA 92586-6508

BeelzeBob
06-29-04, 10:18 AM
PC0340 is the code for "no cam reference signal" If you look at the front face of the right hand (rear) cylinder head you will see the sensor for the cam reference signal. Either the sensor is failed/damaged or the wiring to it is damaged.

No official way to trick the airbag warning from displaying. That is the idea of the warning...to inform the operator that the SIR are disabled.

What AC code is set??

Options not set means that the operator has not set the personalization options for the car.

I believe on a 96 you have to have a dealer ship tech change the coolant temp display available with a tech2... I don't think you can do it with the dash buttons.

The oil level sensor screws into the side of the oil pan. Look under there and it is pretty obvious.

The traction light is not suppose to illuminate unless something is wrong that is disabling the traction control system.

FlashRed
06-30-04, 11:36 AM
There is a recall I beleive for the traction control on my 97 sts, maybe there is one for your caddy. Go to GM website for info.

96 STS
06-30-04, 03:58 PM
PC0340 is the code for "no cam reference signal" If you look at the front face of the right hand (rear) cylinder head you will see the sensor for the cam reference signal. Either the sensor is failed/damaged or the wiring to it is damaged.

No official way to trick the airbag warning from displaying. That is the idea of the warning...to inform the operator that the SIR are disabled.

What AC code is set??

Options not set means that the operator has not set the personalization options for the car.

I believe on a 96 you have to have a dealer ship tech change the coolant temp display available with a tech2... I don't think you can do it with the dash buttons.

The oil level sensor screws into the side of the oil pan. Look under there and it is pretty obvious.

The traction light is not suppose to illuminate unless something is wrong that is disabling the traction control system.

Hey guys!!! FYI...It IS possible to set the display to show coolant temp WITHOUT a tech2. It's just an IPC override value that you have to add to the existing value in order for this to display.

The procedures are in the E/K service manual. I just switched mine last week. It was pretty easy to do after I read thru it a few times. You do have to be careful though that you don't reset the IPC overrides. Manual says that this will cause the cluster to set a non-recoverable code & the cluster will have to be replaced.

But, again, if you follow the procedures to the letter & pay attention to what you're doing, this won't really be a problem. You can actually "customize" quite a few things using the overrides.

I'll try to scan portions of the manual that go over this. Might take a few days though. I'm kind of swamped with "life" right now.