: Service Update - Battery Cable Routing/Torque

Lindsay Cadillac
01-12-09, 02:27 PM
There was a service update released today for the '09 V.

Dealers are to inspect the battery cable routing at the starter solenoid and make sure there is a specified amount of clearance (5mm) between the cable and the starter motor and that the terminal nut is tightened to the correct torque.

Not a big deal and it looks like there are almost 900 cars involved, including cars that are still on dealer lots.

For everyone that got their cars out of town you should check and see if your vehicle is involved.

If you want to e-mail me the last 8 digits of your VIN I can check it against the VIN list I have to see if your car is involved.

darjae
01-12-09, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Kadonny
01-12-09, 04:07 PM
Thanks James, PM sent!

nc09v2
01-12-09, 04:44 PM
James,

I just picked mine up Saturday, about 75 miles out of town, as no local dealers had anything in stock. What is your email?

Thanks,
Erik

GM-4-LIFE
01-12-09, 05:00 PM
James,

Thanks my friend for this TSB heads up.

PM sent to you!

Thanks again!

SG

Lindsay Cadillac
01-12-09, 05:06 PM
James,

I just picked mine up Saturday, about 75 miles out of town, as no local dealers had anything in stock. What is your email?

Thanks,
ErikErik,

My e-mail is jpollack@elindsay.com

GM-4-LIFE
01-12-09, 06:04 PM
James,

Thanks for the PM back!

Looks like I will have to visit my local dealer, but I really don't want them messing up something else just to fix this minor issue. I really hope this doesn't cause major damage to my V, because I really don't want to take my V in. I have around 25 miles on my V so far.

DAMN IT!

SG

Kadonny
01-13-09, 08:28 AM
SG, I'm on the list too.

Anyway, thanks James for the info!

asabase
01-13-09, 08:49 AM
Sounds like something you could do yourself quicker than letting the dealer look at it. Like aero1 said, it has been my experiance dealers mess up more than they fix when it comes to minor things like this.

nc09v2
01-14-09, 07:35 PM
I am on this VIN list as well.

I've returned to GM with the V after a several year hiatus; will Cadillac notify the owners, or should we pro-actively contact a dealer to get this checked?

Secondly, if we are to initiate contact, is there a TSB or Service Bulletin number we can reference for the service appointment?

Sorry for the questions, my last GM vehicle, a C5 Vette, left the stable over 3 years ago, and I have since been dealing with those pesky Germans.

Thanks,
Erik