: Am I the only one who doesn't find Cadillac's commercials appealing?

BeelzeBob
06-29-04, 05:19 AM
I know, it's probably just me - but I'm finding the new Cadillac commercials silly. What do you think? What do you like/dislike about these commercials?

MrSmith
06-29-04, 05:57 AM
When I think about it, I can only remember the one with the sound catching up to the suv. I dont care for it that much. I think that commercial should go to the car.

Randy_W
06-29-04, 07:41 AM
In a recent survey, they were rated as the most memorable auto ads on TV! Love 'em or hate 'em, attention is the name of the game.;)

BeelzeBob
06-29-04, 07:56 AM
Really? That's definitely what marketing is all about...

Msilva954
06-29-04, 09:15 AM
I cant stand them....they are going to far with the tacky art and science. I hate that no sound one......though some of the music on the CTS isnt that bad.

I know im stickin for lincoln again but ........I like their commercials alot exspessialy the Navigator one where its raining and the woman runs..........they have classier ones in my opinion.

BeelzeBob
06-29-04, 09:49 AM
I just love "Kettle-eck! Breakthrough!"... :rolleyes2

Vesicant
06-29-04, 11:26 AM
They dont add much pizazz to the name... maybe a new commercial theme?

But i can tell you that the XLR commercial with the ocean effect as it moves and the roof opens ... :worship: "Turbulence"

BeelzeBob
06-29-04, 11:31 AM
They dont add much pizazz to the name... maybe a new commercial theme?

But i can tell you that the XLR commercial with the ocean effect as it moves and the roof opens ... :worship: "Turbulence"
What exactly is that effect supposed to be?

Vesicant
06-29-04, 11:37 AM
If air were water...

http://www.darnellworks.com/a52/nr0062.htm

Brett
06-29-04, 11:47 AM
the air/water one is kind of cool. but the rest i could do without. i hate the music they typically use

Msilva954
06-29-04, 11:55 AM
The music they use tends to be more Chevy then Caddy if you ask me.

Brett
06-29-04, 12:04 PM
yeah, thats probably what i mean. its just not classy at all

BeelzeBob
06-29-04, 02:06 PM
It's Led Zeppelin, right? I can understand why they're going for that "feel" but it really is more Chevy than Cadillac. The commercials are doing a good job of getting the word out - but it's the automobiles themselves that are the reason people are buying. I think Cadillac should mix in a commercial that "everyone else" will like...

lowscola
06-29-04, 03:37 PM
All of the Cadillac commercials are a bit corny, especially the new DeVille commercial. That Turbulence one is nice though. The new Chrysler/Dodge commercials are tight. The RAM SRT 10 one where the doors are flying all over the place. Even the “Can A Car” commercials with the 300c, crossfire, etc.. are nice.

Cadillac needs to step its game up big time with the movies/commercials. I couldn’t believe how low budget the “running photage” Cadillac movies look on http://gmtv.feedroom.com/ . I could swear the sixteens brakes were squealing in that movie. They need to take a look at the competition: BMW films, The 350Z movie/dvd, The Infiniti M45 movie, hell even the “See What Happens.com” Mitsubishi Movies.

… at least they are going in the right direction with the turbulence commercial.

c5 rv
06-29-04, 09:01 PM
I liked the one where the CTS sucked all the roadside junk and sign through the tunnel.

tsmithlxix
06-29-04, 09:12 PM
I like Caddy's new ad campaign. It makes owning a Cadillac seem more... "fun." People don't really want to hear about a car's statistics in a commercial. They just want to see a good lookin' car. I think the new marketing is helping to pull Caddillac out of the "Oh yeah, my uncle had a Cadillac when I was little" phase.

Elvis
06-30-04, 10:45 AM
I got tired of Led Zeppelin. They made their point two years ago--I'm the demographic they're after. Those of us who were teenage-white-boys in the late 70's, listened to "metal," etc., etc.

What it really said to me was "Hey, Pete, you're about to turn 40. Remember when your father bought that burgundy Sedan DeVille? He was only 37! Dude, you're way overdue! It's time for you to get into a Cadillac."

Lincoln is doing a much better job with their ads, IMO. I like the music, I even bought the CD (Mr. Scruff). Their latest one has kind of a gypsy guitar sound. I like it.

BeelzeBob
06-30-04, 06:31 PM
Wow. It's been 2 years already with this Led Zeppelin stuff? Yeah, let's move on already.. Think of something else... I'm tired of hearing "ooh yeah, ooooh yeah" in every damn commercial... Cadillac isn't all about "Rock 'n Roll". That's Chevy (as mentioned above).

Msilva954
06-30-04, 07:18 PM
Yea, I like the Travel Well with lincoln its very classy....something that Cadillac really needs to add to their ads....Class. They are trying to be tooooooooo much BMW and not enough Lexus in my opinion.

RERM
06-30-04, 08:19 PM
I would'nt call them unappealing, however I would agree that Cadillac should put more of the cars and American music in their commercials. Not that I'm against Led Zeppelin, it's just that I remember Chevy's Heartbeat of America comercials and, as corny as they were, you wouldn't mistake them for Honda's.

BeelzeBob
07-01-04, 09:15 AM
Cadillac is supposed to be about "Class". In 10 years, people aren't going to buy Cadillacs because they're the official car of scruffy-haired yuppies.

RERM
03-12-06, 11:16 AM
Cadillac is supposed to be about "Class". In 10 years, people aren't going to buy Cadillacs because they're the official car of scruffy-haired yuppies.

No, in 10 years the scruffy haired yuppies will be buying these cars....or Cadillac will be out of business.

70eldo
03-17-06, 03:50 AM
At least you have a Cadillac commercial. In Europe Cadillac has no commercials. I am truely wondering if that is to come, since the BLS is coming out next month.

That's another reason why the new Cadillacs are way exclusive over here. Nobody knows it, because they never seen it. Just the youth seems to recognise the car, since the CTS features in some computer racing games.

Ah well, we'll see...

91sdv
04-16-06, 02:39 PM
You have to remember, Cadillac is trying to appeal to a much younger crowd now. But the company will need to appeal to a whole new group of retirees in the next 10-20 years, as the baby boomers approach retirement age. Let's go back to commercials where an older couple, in black tie, are cruising through New York City on their way to dinner or a Broadway show in their Concours or Coupe De Ville. SWEET!!!!:rolleyes:

Fat AL
05-03-06, 05:59 PM
i realize the direction caddy is goin for a new market but it pisses me off when ppl think the only good caddys are the brand new ones, dont get me wrong i love the new ones but a sporty cts isent for me and everyone young these days think those are the best cuz they look more stylish, screw that. give me an old boat that is in mint condition. only someone who truly appreciates class and luxury can understand the presence older cadillacs have imo. My friends love my car and are my age but you get the idea that the young ppl only like the new ones.

Fat AL
05-03-06, 05:59 PM
i realize the direction caddy is goin for a new market but it pisses me off when ppl think the only good caddys are the brand new ones, dont get me wrong i love the new ones but a sporty cts isent for me and everyone young these days think those are the best cuz they look more stylish, screw that. give me an old boat that is in mint condition. only someone who truly appreciates class and luxury can understand the presence older cadillacs have imo. My friends love my car and are my age but you get the idea that the young ppl only like the new ones.