: Manny Moe and Jack and the V

caddiedrummer
01-11-09, 09:04 PM
Other than a couple of folks saying "nice car" I haven't noticed that the CTS-V has gotten that much attention through 2000 miles. I popped into Pep Boys of all places today and when perusing the oil filters, an employee comes up and hands me 3 oil filters and says "these will fit your V".

I said "man you keep up with cars". And he proceeded to tell me every detail about the V and the ZR-1 etc and how much he loved cars. I tossed him the keys and said "go take a look while I finish shopping " and he looked like Christmas had come early.

By the time I finished shopping and got out to the car he had a grin from ear to ear and was very appreciative of the tour. He loved the car. Fun day.

Razorecko
01-11-09, 09:08 PM
^ you just gave some random guy keys to your ride ?? The Cts-v is more of a sleeper as the body lines haven't strayed far from the original v.

proexpert
01-11-09, 11:29 PM
Cool story thanks for sharing. Gotta keep the young people into the sport. :thumbsup:

darjae
01-11-09, 11:50 PM
On 2 separate occasions, I've had a crowd around the car when I came out of a restaurant/store. Of course, they were V1 owners. I've also had multiple 'vette drivers give me a thumbs up.

I've also had my share of "look at that car" or "I like that car"

I like how this car requires someone really be a car guy to know what he's looking at.

CIWS
01-12-09, 07:59 AM
Most folks have no clue what a :v: is still even after 4 years. More than likely the majority of folks that see the new one are going to think it's a newer CTS with the VXTI package.

:hide:

(that was a joke about the VXTI package)

This new model should probably help the badge recognition, if GM stays afloat and the UAW doesn't drag them down.

Kadonny
01-12-09, 11:29 AM
VXTI package............lol.