: my email to XM radio

Rolex
01-11-09, 01:28 AM
In April 2008 I purchased a year of programming for my primary vehicle. I recently experienced an interruption of my XM service for an entire week, which required a call to your customer service center. I called your (apparent) outsourced customer service center only to be sorely frustrated with a person that neither understands nor speaks clear English. After wasting 15 frustrating minutes I was transferred to "billing" where the English speaking person promptly disconnected our call.

The secondary source of my frustration is the reason my service was interrupted. Four days after I placed my customer service call I received a notice in the mail that the credit card you had "on file" for my account was expiring, and "to avoid interruption in my service" it is required that I contact your company with a valid card.

This is unfair, and unnecessary for a customer that has bought service from you on the last 4 vehicles I've owned. There's no need for your company to have a credit card on file when I paid you for service FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR in advance.

It is difficult to get good help from your pitiful outsourced customer service department. Hire some people who speak English as their first language.

Furthermore, if my service is interrupted again for this unnecessary reason I won't bother to contact you again. And I won't ever buy service from your company again.

Please consider how frustrated your existing PAYING customers may get with your weak customer service, and your "debt collector" attitude toward keeping a valid card on file. I don't pay month to month, so having my credit card number is unnecessary.

Best regards,
Rolex
customer since 2004

The Spanglish speaking customer service agent told me I never activated my radio in this truck. I've been listening to XM in this truck for a year, so I asked him how that was possible. I'm sure he didn't understand what I was asking and had the :pwn: look on his face on the other side of the line.

XM seriously irritated me with this garbage. What possible reason would they need a valid credit card on file for someone who pays a year in advance? Even if the card expired a week after they charged me for service it shouldn't make them any difference. Am I wrong?

93DevilleUSMC
01-11-09, 01:30 AM
Good e-mail. What stupid treatment you received!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-11-09, 01:37 AM
You know, I would rather get pissed off by someone not speaking clear English than get pissed off by someone who speaks perfect English but is just retarded. Nice E-Mail though. Turn that into a letter and physically mail it to them, it will do much more good.

Cliff8928
01-11-09, 02:45 AM
I know they will auto-renew your yearly service... But still, their customer service failed.

Jesda
01-11-09, 08:32 AM
Sheesh, what a bunch of jerks!

Rolex
01-11-09, 10:09 AM
I know they will auto-renew your yearly service... But still, their customer service failed.

That's where I take issue. I don't think I'm going to renew this time. There are 4 maybe 5 channels I listen to on XM. It don't think it makes sense to pay for that. With all the advertisements they have it seems to defeat their original purpose, which was to provide uninterrupted music to their customers.

I know my complaint is trite, but (more than anything) I was annoyed that they cut off my service to force me to call them so they could demand a new credit card from me. When I called I wasted 15 minutes trying to S-P-E-L-L out everything to some poor sap that didn't have a good grasp on the English language. Outsourcing sucks.

I know....it's pointless. I have become a metro princess with a pea under my mattress. :cookoo::D

Florian
01-11-09, 12:47 PM
time to switch to Sirius! hoo hah!

F

Eric Kahn
01-11-09, 07:07 PM
sirius and XM are now the same company, so the customer service will still suck

dkozloski
01-11-09, 08:27 PM
There are advantages to living in the hinterlands where this crap will never be offered and never become an issue.

Spyder
01-11-09, 08:59 PM
Liquid Metal and Hair Nation recently caught my ear. I'm thinking about looking into possibly purchasing satellite radio for these stations, along with some of the good country stations on the one I listened to in my buddies truck... But driving the Columbia River Gorge and having it cut out four times in one song was pretty irritating. No northern satellites or what?!?

Rodya234
01-11-09, 09:11 PM
I know how you feel. 5 minutes in photoshop depict my numerous calls with sprint about them making phantom charges:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6837/ffruustrationcopysi0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rolex
01-12-09, 12:04 AM
I know how you feel. 5 minutes in photoshop depict my numerous calls with sprint about them making phantom charges:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6837/ffruustrationcopysi0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

+ Rep points for this. :histeric:

Jesda
01-12-09, 12:20 AM
Im posting that at SprintUsers.

Rolex
01-12-09, 02:09 PM
The sons-a-bitches cut my service off again this morning. I spoke to an operator who informed me my radio ID isn't valid for a vehicle radio and has never been activated on an account. She wasn't able to tell me how I've been able to listen to XM, but since my radio is "new" and has "never been activated" I was eligible for a 90 day free trial. :cookoo: I'm getting my year out of the bastards, but not exactly how I intended.

XM will go bankrupt within a year. :annoyed:

nickc50310
01-12-09, 04:33 PM
XM is HORRIBLE, to say the least. First off, their programming is trash. The only thing I listened to was Opie and Anthony and sometimes the 80s channel. The rap stations are horrible. Then, it is not uncommon to have the same song playing on multiple stations. One time I counted FIVE of the same song on multiple stations. I almost punched my stereo.

When I first signed up with them it took multiple phone calls and a few days to activate my radio.

Then, my card expired. I didnt notice and the radio got shut off. I called and updated my card. Again, multiple calls and a few days to get my radio going again.

Then, I disconnected the service. They continued to bill my card. Agin, multiple calls to get them to stop. IIRC I closed that card or something and again, several months later got a bil saying I owed them money. They were promptly told to eff right off since the service had been cancelled several months prior.

IDIOTS!

I now have Sirius and couldnt be happier! :D