: Recaro seats n Plug N Play interface

macklobell
01-10-09, 09:50 PM
I would like to add the Recaro Seats to my 09 CTS DI AWD car but have been receiving conflicting information....Does anyone know if it is possible to add these seats to a standard cts with cooled/heated seats? I was told that the standard CTS doesn't have a plug and play interface for connecting the seats. I was also told by a couple technicians that the seats could be added but it would require additional wiring...Very confusing...I wish I could get the correct answer before I buy them....:eek::duck::mad:

MReiland
01-11-09, 10:28 PM
Well since this seems to be a re-curring question, I thew it out to some of my buddy's at Lansing Grand River. I am hoping they can get out to General Assembly and physically look at the differences between the regular and Recaro seats (Both mounting and electrical) My best guess is that they would use the same electrical and mounting points but I am going to try and get some better information. The seat mounting points are usually put into a reinforced area in the floorpan way back in the bodyshop where you try and keep the Body in White as generic as possible to the options. I will keep looking into it. I looked up the seats on the Intraweb SPO (Service Parts) website and it will take a little bit more searching to get the pinouts on the seat connectors to see if there is anything different between the different seat options.

StormCaddy
01-16-09, 05:37 PM
For what it's worth (no install compatibility answers yet) Cadillac told Hendrick Cadillac in Cary NC that putting these in a CTS 'might' void the warranty, without any specifics. I assume they mean the SEAT's bumper to bumper coverage for the full warranty period of the car. So it might just be a 90 day or 1 year warranty on the seat itself.

Also they gave me part numbers: 25856958 and 25856952 for ebony Recaros and wait for it...

$2990 EACH for JUST the seat assembly. More as I get it.