: 2005 V Stealth color....

ctsvinman
06-29-04, 01:19 AM
Anyone seen a Stealth Gray one yet? I have one on order with an Aug 27th delivery date. Just wondering if there's one out there yet.

VinMan out....

alexWS6
06-29-04, 08:16 AM
i saw one yesterday. its got a lot of blue in it. its more of a light blue-ish grey. i wasnt a fan

VCONVERT
06-29-04, 08:22 AM
What color interior did you order with your stealth V?

miscreant
06-29-04, 08:53 AM
Anyone seen a Stealth Gray one yet? I have one on order with an Aug 27th delivery date. Just wondering if there's one out there yet.

VinMan out....
No, stealth gray regular production orders haven't even been built yet. If someone saw one, it would be a pre-production model.

Late BrakeU2
06-29-04, 11:21 AM
Stealth grey comes on the 05 Hummer,after seeing it It chose Platinum.

If they had offered silver smoke(gun metal grey) on the V like the base CTS I would have chosen that,I just wasn't feeling the bluish tint in stealth.

alexWS6
06-30-04, 12:59 AM
No, stealth gray regular production orders haven't even been built yet. If someone saw one, it would be a pre-production model.
I believe I saw it on a normal CTS.
The color is out on those, correct?

Jon
06-30-04, 01:26 AM
That was probably Silver Smoke

miscreant
06-30-04, 11:22 AM
The color is not released for normal production. Again, it's possible there are some mules/exec cars out there, but nothing for sale.

ctsvinman
07-01-04, 02:19 AM
Well....Sh*t, I hope I like it when I finally see it. I ordered the ebony interior by the way.

2005 Color options:
Black.... Love to Hate it. do I even need to go on about how difficult it is to keep a Blk "daily driver" looking nice. I know by experience!!! Even Zaino can't keep up.

Silver.... just not a fan of these V's in silver, the Ass looks way to big. I'm a jay Lo fan by the way, so a big Ass doesn't bother me, except on a cts

Red..... No thanks, never liked this color for a car unless it's Italian made, just my .02

Last... Stealth Gray. Hmmmmm, hope I like it. If not, I can get my deposit back and guess I'll go buy some more Zaino Z6 since I'll end up with a Blk V.

c5 rv
07-01-04, 08:16 AM
How about cashmere? That would be a stealth V color.

alexWS6
07-01-04, 10:06 AM
Ok I for sure saw the color on a Hummer this morning. I even asked the owner at a stop light lol.

My opinion of it? ...Not good. Its not grey, its just a dull blue. :hmm:

miscreant
07-01-04, 11:16 AM
Here you go:

TNT V
07-01-04, 11:53 AM
Boy, am I glad I took the black V that came in instead of waiting for the Stealth Gray I had on order. The brochure definetely made it look more gray than blue!!

benjet
07-01-04, 12:17 PM
Boy, am I glad I took the black V that came in instead of waiting for the Stealth Gray I had on order. The brochure definetely made it look more gray than blue!!Yeah what he said (and the web pic/redering of this Stealth Gray on cadillac.com also looks gray-er). I was thinking to swap out my black for a Stealth gray (and I'll still need to see it on a CTS before I make a final decision), but I'm no longer thrilled (and this is a very subjective personal opinion) with this color. No offense meant to any that ordered or love this color - like the silver it just doesn't do nothing for me.

Your Mileage May Vary.

-Ben

P.S. Attached is the pic swiped from Cadillac.com

benjet
07-01-04, 12:24 PM
I know I'm replying to my own post (AGAIN!). Ok I keep looking at the Cadillac.com pic I posted and now I see what they tweaked that makes the whole pic look weird. They greyed/blacked out the front grills, the current V's grills are much brighter/shiny-er, so maybe the whole pic is out of (100%) proper color balance?

-Ben

b4z
07-01-04, 12:42 PM
The steath does look blue.

Reminds me a little of the blue steel color that was available in
the early '70s.

miscreant
07-01-04, 07:06 PM
It's Stealth gray because it looks like a dark gray in low-light/night. But with bright sun it looks alot more blue. But don't be fooled, it still has a gray tint to it, the blue just comes out alot more in the sun. I'll try to get a pic in low-light for you guys.

ctsvinman
07-02-04, 12:02 AM
I would prefer it look more like the "gun metal grey".... but after seeing that Hummer picture, I think I'm going to like it anyway. If you know anything about M5's, this reminds me of the Carbon Black which was a bit of a two-tone. It looks deep black at night but in the day it's a dark...dark.. blue. Very neat color.

Well..... as soon as I see one, which could be the one I ordered unless someone else knows of a Stealth one in NorCal that will be in before Aug 27th..... then I'll either Love it or Hate it. If I don't Love it.... Blk here I come.

VinMan out...

Cal
07-02-04, 12:12 AM
Don't forget the pin stripes.

miscreant
07-02-04, 01:26 AM
Night: