: Dad's Birthday HELP!!!

DopeStar 156
06-29-04, 12:44 AM
It's my dad's birthday and I gotta get him something special! He's the best dad ever so he deserves something great. For Father's Day I bought him the Mr. Clean Autodry Carwash and he loves it. He's helped me with my Caddy since the day she rolled into the driveway and makes the damn best hotwings around. I'm actually eating some right now. He absolutely loves his 2002 red Mustang convertable just like I love my red Fleetwood Brougham. He's been there every single time I've needed him and I wanna thank him for it by getting him something nice, problem is I don't make much money. What do you guys suggest I get him? I'm really stuck here.

Ralph
06-29-04, 12:51 AM
How about a Mustang watch from the Ford dealership, or a Mustang golf shirt? It must have something to do with MUSTANGS! :D

DopeStar 156
06-29-04, 12:55 AM
Last year I bought him a relatively close model of his car but yeah, I like your thinkin'.

Ralph
06-29-04, 01:00 AM
Or better yet, buy him a Cadillac item from the dealer, and if he doesn't like it you can get it. :shhh: What else does he drive? Does he like Caddies?

perhaps a years subscription to "Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords."

Spock
06-29-04, 01:04 AM
Y'all may think this is cheezy, but how about a big ol' hug and some IOU's on paper. However many you like, "I'll wash and wax your car", it's more elbow grease than money, but I think the action speaks louder.

DopeStar 156
06-29-04, 01:14 AM
Haha, nice Spock. I found a really nice Mustang shirt on Ford's website and I live 15 minutes from a dealer so I'll see if they sell the merchandise there. He doesn't drive anything else besides his Mustang and my Malibu if he's going distances. As for Caddies I've never seen him really check any out except mine and he likes mine, and he ain't gettin' it. Here's the shirt.

Ralph
06-29-04, 01:20 AM
Haha, nice Spock. I found a really nice Mustang shirt on Ford's website and I live 15 minutes from a dealer so I'll see if they sell the merchandise there. He doesn't drive anything else besides his Mustang and my Malibu if he's going distances. As for Caddies I've never seen him really check any out except mine and he likes mine, and he ain't gettin' it. Here's the shirt.

Cool Dude. That's a nice shirt! Throw in some Mustang mud flaps and insignia floor mats and you got Christmas covered too. :p

DopeStar 156
06-29-04, 01:29 AM
LOL! Will do. That's exactly what his car looks like minus the raised hood scoop. His has a 6 not an 8. He's upgrading to a GT in November he tells me.

RBraczyk
06-29-04, 06:00 AM
LOL! Will do. That's exactly what his car looks like minus the raised hood scoop. His has a 6 not an 8. He's upgrading to a GT in November he tells me.
Why don't you two go for a ride on his birthday? Take out both cars and just go for a long ride, just the two of you. :)

1toycad
06-29-04, 11:55 AM
Y'all may think this is cheezy, but how about a big ol' hug and some IOU's on paper. However many you like, "I'll wash and wax your car", it's more elbow grease than money, but I think the action speaks louder.
Spock, as a Dad, I can tell you that your suggestion is the best present a Dad can ever get.

Anything that my kids could, or would, get for me would probably be charged to my own credit card (or would be paid by me) since I am the sole breadwinner at home.

So the hug and the IOU's mean much more than anything else they (me) could buy! :coolgleam

Good suggestion...not bad for a pointy-eared, emotionally-challenged, green vermit.:lildevil:

caddyshack24
06-29-04, 02:39 PM
i agree with spock, just a hug and maybe tell him how you feel..
then when you get some money, do a little something special

that kind of stuff lasts a lifetime and wont fade in the washer :)

Spock
06-29-04, 04:55 PM
Hehe, I'm 140 years old now and half human ;)

Just material things on this earth are so temporal, we might as well enjoy life with the ones we love instead of spending time with inanimated objects.

On that note...I found a mint 1975 Lincoln Mark V! I could haggle it down to 1000 canadian! It's the silver diamond too....Oooh ahhhh
My dad and I just had a long talk about that one...and appreciating what you have...and GAS PRICES! mmmmm 460licious... Plus you guys on the forums would ostracize me and then stone me...

1toycad
06-29-04, 05:07 PM
Hehe, I'm 140 years old now and half human ;)

Just material things on this earth are so temporal, we might as well enjoy life with the ones we love instead of spending time with inanimated objects.

On that note...I found a mint 1975 Lincoln Mark V! I could haggle it down to 1000 canadian! It's the silver diamond too....Oooh ahhhh
My dad and I just had a long talk about that one...and appreciating what you have...and GAS PRICES! mmmmm 460licious... Plus you guys on the forums would ostracize me and then stone me...
One hundred and forty...I would have guessed not a second over 130.

You'd only get ostracized IF you praised a Benz, a Bimmer, a Lexus or an Infiniti. Everything else is fairly safe. :shhh:

Ralph
06-29-04, 06:15 PM
Spock, as a Dad, I can tell you that your suggestion is the best present a Dad can ever get.

Anything that my kids could, or would, get for me would probably be charged to my own credit card (or would be paid by me) since I am the sole breadwinner at home.

So the hug and the IOU's mean much more than anything else they (me) could buy! :coolgleam

Good suggestion...not bad for a pointy-eared, emotionally-challenged, green vermit.:lildevil:

Not too bad for a Canuck, eh? :D