: I (finally) went to Sonic today.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-09, 05:57 PM
And I was surprised with the quality of their food.

http://webfarm.foliolink.com/Artists/9359/Images/9172007103129AM_ChickenClubToaster.jpg

I got the Chicken Club Toaster combo, because of the chicken and bacon combo...can't ever go wrong with those two, especially when it's on toast and comes with mayo and a slice of american cheese. Now normally, I don't expect much from a fast food joint, but this was great! The chicken was hot, well seasoned, crispy on the outside and so tender and moist on the inside, and it had the best tasting bacon from a fast food joint, and the toast was crisp, yet easily able to soak up the grease from the chicken. It all came wrapped in a nice thick tinfoil wrapper....quality.

If all their food is this good, for such a fair price (I think I paid like $7.45 for the combo), then why are they just now getting up here????

Oh and the other great thing was they have a full menu all day! So I got this delicious sandwich at 8:40 in the morning (because I have such contempt for breakfast foods). Where else can I get something like this that early in the morning??? Nowhere!

Move over Baconator, I've got a new favorite. :cloud9: :cloud9:

gdwriter
01-09-09, 06:03 PM
I like Sonic, too. We just got one in Salem, but I haven't checked it out yet. You should have tried In-N-Out when you were in Arizona. I'm taking a trip there next weekend, and that is dinner Friday night.

Rodya234
01-09-09, 06:09 PM
I hate sonic :bomb:

They play all these commercials with cheap food that looks really good but the nearest one is 54 friggin miles from my house. :(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-09, 06:18 PM
You should have tried In-N-Out when you were in Arizona.

Hahahaha! In-N-Out Burger is one of my favorite euphemisms for the vaj.

No seriously, In-N-Out Burger apparently has the best fast food burgers you can get. I wish I did go. Can you mail me one??? :)

gary88
01-09-09, 06:33 PM
If you go to In-N-Out you shall order nothing less than this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/in-n-out.jpg

Vesicant
01-09-09, 06:48 PM
Sonics isnt that great down here. Sometimes the food quality is even slightly below Mcdonalds. I often go to car meets that are held at Sonics and can tell you from experience that their drinks/icecream stuff is the better part.

Maybe Sonics in the North is better. Im sure it probably is since most things are :P

urbanski
01-09-09, 06:50 PM
agree...sonic burgers are cold and tasteless. tater tots ftl.
gimme a triple whopper anyday

Night Wolf
01-09-09, 07:11 PM
I guess I am the minoirty here... but I just don't get the obsession with medicore fast-food franchises. I mean, this stuff really is what you get in a last resort or make it fast situation. Yet some act like a slop burger from the local joint is the best thing to hit the grill. I don't see what is appealing about grease in a wrapper, I don't see how tinfoil is a representation of quality. Has food really gotten that bad? How the heck is 8 bucks for a deep-fried masterpiece in a bag considered fair? Atleast around here, we are loaded with real restaruants that $10 can buy you a meal from just about any of the places... authenic Japanese/Chinese, Mexican, Greek, or real BBQ and classic Southern Home-cooking etc... and that includes a drink. Throw in a tip and for $13 you have a real meal that is of substance, actually has quality, fills you up and wasn't made to give you a heart-attack by 40.

Don't get me wrong, I hit up the fast food joints too... where else can you get a double "cheeseburger" for $1? (Mickey D's) Even if they taste like crap you eat them so fast, it is just a filler for your stomach anyway. Makes great ways to spend minimal time eating on an interstate trip... or something quick to eat on the way to work. I suppose the real sad part, atleast here, is that there are several local, authenic fast-food style places that really can rival some of the best sit-in restaruants for quality, and at a good price too. Those places, tied in with all the other regular restaruants really puts all these deep-fried miracles at the bottom of the list when it comes to food selection.

With that said, since pictures of half-eaten fast food seems to be the latest craze, heres the egg roll that came with my roast pork lo mein and fried rice dinner.... $5 from the local take-out, still not hungry afterword and would be a notch or three higher on the "real food" scale since it is actually cooked in front of you.

Tasty!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/InoventionsEast/misc/12-18-08002.jpg

Jesda
01-09-09, 07:18 PM
Sonic has the best drinks. I go for the half-off cherry apple slush during happy hour.

orconn
01-09-09, 08:01 PM
Here in Richmond it's chain restaurants or nothing. Even at the chain places quality is inconsistant. Having been raised and lived most of my life outside the South I had always heard the wonders of Southern cooking expounded by both residents and food critics. If it was ever true, it certainly is not true now. Around here Wendy's is a high mark! McD's is really bad, Burger King good only in pinch. I recently went to dinner at the supposedly "finest" French restaurant in Richmond and also supposedly the best restaurant in town. It was OK but would have only rated an "OK" in LA. The quality of the food is not reflected in any cutrate pricing, whether chain or locally owned the prices are the same or higher than cities to the north.

ryannel2003
01-09-09, 08:14 PM
You never know the quality of food here. Bojangles is usually the best, then everything else is a wash. The Sonic here is terrible, as is the McD's and Burger King. Chick-Fil-A is probably the best actually. The quality is always good, and the service is superb.

billc83
01-09-09, 08:27 PM
When on my trip to New Mexico, we ran into quite a few Sonics. I've never seen any up where I am, so we stopped in. Strangely, they advertise on TV here, so there must be some lurking somewhere.

The food was excellent. I'd place it right above Wendy's in my Hamburger HierarchyTM

thebigjimsho
01-09-09, 09:14 PM
I love Sonic. I've been a precious few times. Chicks on roller skates FTMFW! Alas, the closest Sonics to me is either Southern Jersey or Eastern PA. On Sunday, I had to fly out of Ft. Myers after the Dolphins game and I had about 30 minutes to venture into Naples to hit the only Sonic on Florida's West Coast.

In and out in 5 minutes and the burger, tots and shake were all awesome...

thebigjimsho
01-09-09, 09:16 PM
Hahahaha! In-N-Out Burger is one of my favorite euphemisms for the vaj.

No seriously, In-N-Out Burger apparently has the best fast food burgers you can get. I wish I did go. Can you mail me one??? :)I like In-N-Out but I'd take a Carl's Jr./Hardees burger over it any day...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-09, 09:18 PM
Hardees is almost gone in Minnesota, which is sad considering the quality of their foods. Their menu is small though.

ryannel2003
01-09-09, 09:29 PM
^Same here, though they are always a few scattered throughout NC. Not nearly as many as before however.

MauiV
01-09-09, 10:03 PM
Best thing at Sonic is a FootLong with Chili/Cheese/Onions and Cheesy Tots

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-09-09, 11:48 PM
I hate sonic :bomb:

They play all these commercials with cheap food that looks really good but the nearest one is 54 friggin miles from my house. :(

Hey, it used to be worse. The closest one used to be all the way down in Springfield and even then they played the commercials on TV. Now they have at least built one in Aurora.

Aron9000
01-09-09, 11:49 PM
Sonic's food sucks IMO, but their drinks and shakes are awesome.

tman2093
01-10-09, 12:18 AM
In east and west NC, Ryan's observations are ture, bojangles and chick-fil-a are top notch, wendys/hardees/sonic next, burgerking/mcD's/everyone else.

Bojangles is the best to me, for 5.34 I get 4 supremes, biscuit, fries and tea. that meal costs 7+ at chick-fil-a, and you get no biscuit. Wendys stopped their chicken strips, but they were good..

Night Wolf
01-10-09, 01:31 AM
You never know the quality of food here. Bojangles is usually the best, then everything else is a wash. The Sonic here is terrible, as is the McD's and Burger King. Chick-Fil-A is probably the best actually. The quality is always good, and the service is superb.

You are the first that I have heard mention about Bojangles.... there is only one here, I didn't know if it was a chain or not, I was going to ask about it. I will agree, it is one of the few fast-food places that actually has "good" food... it makes KFC look like the frozen isle special. Nice to see that there are more... that is one of the very few places that can match a real restaruant for food quality.

slk230mb
01-10-09, 10:19 AM
Sonic is on my list of places to try, closest one is 70 miles and a state away.

thebigjimsho
01-10-09, 04:24 PM
Sonic is on my list of places to try, closest one is 70 miles and a state away.Pffft. A quick trip..

slk230mb
01-10-09, 08:58 PM
Pffft. A quick trip..

Just need to find the time.

firstimecaddi
01-10-09, 10:08 PM
Like some other here I like Sonic's Ice Cream/ Shakes.

As for a good burger, if you ever get a chance try FIVE GUYS. They make good burgers, and the cooking area is not hidden. While you wait you can help yourself to unlimited peanuts(roasted in shell). There was also a small chain by the name of STEAK AND SHAKE, I was in Georgia when I had their food. Up until Five Guys this was my number one.

MauiV
01-10-09, 10:34 PM
We have Steak and Shake here, pretty good. I do like how their burgers have the crispy edge from the grill.

The first thing I always do in Vegas right after we get our room is go to the In n Out on Tropicana. Get a choc shake and a double triple (two patties and 3 pieces of cheese. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Night Wolf
01-11-09, 12:39 AM

As for a good burger, if you ever get a chance try FIVE GUYS. They make good burgers, and the cooking area is not hidden. While you wait you can help yourself to unlimited peanuts(roasted in shell). There was also a small chain by the name of STEAK AND SHAKE, I was in Georgia when I had their food. Up until Five Guys this was my number one.

Steak and Shake is all over both here and Florida.

First them I saw them was in FL.... it is not a typical fast-food joint tho, becuase it is a full waiter/waitress service when you sit in, several places are doing that now.

Their food tends to be overpriced and nothing extra special.

Cliff8928
01-11-09, 01:54 AM
Steak & Shake is good, but their service is usually slow, so that's not usually the place of choice when on lunch. However there's a nice family owned Taqueria across the street which has some good food! I try to avoid most of the deep fried stuff, aside from some Mozzarella sticks, the only place I will have fries at is usually Great Steak & Potato, or Gene & Jude's and maybe some onion rings on occasion. Not much of a burger fanatic, but every once in a while (couple months?) I get a craving for a Whopper (no ketchup!) I honestly can't remember the last time I ate anything from McDonalds.

Night Wolf
01-11-09, 05:27 AM
Anyone hear of Taco John's?

Apparently they are out West, I never heard of them before, except in the food cort here on base, and only on base, they are there.... to say it is better then Taco Bell is an understatement, the taco shells are real with grill marks, the meat dosn't look like pureed slim jims. 99 cents for a crispy taco except on Tuesday it is 69cents. I can eat 5 and be actually full, I can eat 6 crispy tacos from taco bell and still be hungry.

It's one of the other few fast-food joints I have came to respect.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-11-09, 10:36 AM
Yeah, there are a few Taco John's in MN....mainly in the southern part, not many in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. I go there every so often, but anyways, yeah they are much better than Taco Bell. The food is of a much higher quality and it just tastes much more authentic and less corporate. The only problem with them is their menu is much smaller and they don't offer any quesadillas....and if a mexican joint doesn't offer quesadillas, then I'm not gonna go there much. LOL.

Try their potato ole's. They're great.

RightTurn
01-11-09, 10:53 AM
Sonic :ack:

Schlotsky's :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-11-09, 11:15 AM
I might just go there (Schlotzky's) for lunch today. I'm debating.

MauiV
01-11-09, 08:54 PM
Schlotzkys is total ass. I hate the bread and its over priced. Quiznos OWNS that crap. Living in Houston you should be going to Katzs or Kenny and Ziggys instead of a crappy Schlotzkys anyway. Even Jasons and Kahns are better than Schlotzkys will ever be.

RightTurn
01-11-09, 10:39 PM
:lies: Quiznos is Subway with a toaster. :alchi:

Cliff8928
01-12-09, 01:33 AM
Quiznos is WAY better than subway.

Some day I'm going to make it to Philadelphia to get a REAL cheesesteak!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-12-09, 08:19 AM
I won't go to any sandwich shops on my own free will unless it's Schlotzky's.

nickc50310
01-12-09, 10:52 AM
I love Sonic. I've been a precious few times. Chicks on roller skates FTMFW! Alas, the closest Sonics to me is either Southern Jersey or Eastern PA. On Sunday, I had to fly out of Ft. Myers after the Dolphins game and I had about 30 minutes to venture into Naples to hit the only Sonic on Florida's West Coast.

In and out in 5 minutes and the burger, tots and shake were all awesome...

You went to FL and went to Sonic over FIVE GUYS!!!!???? THAT IS A SIN IN MY BOOK! :nono:

DING DING! Five guys has by FAR the best fast food burger on the market. Unfortunately, they are pretty much only on the east coast. I am going to FT Myers on Saturday and found that Five Guys opened a new spot right by our house! WOOT! I plan on dominating Five Guys multiple times during that week. Their fries arent very good IMHO but they do have the best burgers.

Quiznos is WAY better than subway.

Some day I'm going to make it to Philadelphia to get a REAL cheesesteak!

Quizno's sucks. Its overpriced crap. Their sandwiches are bland or taste like they are drowned in black pepper. ACK! I will take Subway over quiznos any day of the week. :hide:

Now for Sonic- To all you guys just getting Sonic in big cities- enjoy it while it lasts. Sonic in small towns is usually consistant but in big cities after a year or two, the quality goes right down the shitter. When Sonic first came to Des Moines in 01, it was fantastic. Having spent a lot of time in Missouri at Lake of the Ozarks, I was already quite familiar with Sonic. As time went on, the quality at the many Sonics in Des Moines quickly went down hill. The burgers were usually burnt to a crisp and NASTY. One time, I went to Sonic and got something with breakfast sausage in the mid afternoon. Upon biting into my sandwich I realized the sausage and egg had been cooked in HAMBURGER grease! It was seriously one of the nastiest things ever. That was pretty much the end for me. At the high point Sonic had about 6 stores in Des Moines, now there is ONE!

Chad, next time youre in the Des Moines or Ames area, hit up B-Bops. Its a local chain that is AMAZING! I cant beleive I have never had you go there!

thebigjimsho
01-12-09, 03:41 PM
You went to FL and went to Sonic over FIVE GUYS!!!!???? THAT IS A SIN IN MY BOOK! :nono:

I left Dolphin Stadium @ 5PM. I had an 8:20PM flight. Averaging 85mph across the Alley, hitting 100 in spurts, I got to RSW in 2 hours. That gave me less than 40 minutes for the excursion. And I knew not of your of your ghey selection...

Night Wolf
01-12-09, 06:14 PM
There is a Five Guys in Macon, I never been there, almost went, actually I did, but I got there at 10:45 and they opened at 11, I didn't want to wait, and was in the mood to be disapointed, so I went to Mickey D's across the street.

Another local franchise that can hang with the big boys is Nu-Way Weiners... they go back some time, were even on the History Channel, its sorta like a Nathans, just better...

http://www.nu-wayweiners.com/

MauiV
01-12-09, 06:27 PM
DING DING! Five guys has by FAR the best fast food burger on the market.

The words of a man that has obviously never been to In n Out. 5 Guys was solid but not even in the same ballpark as In n Out.

The absolute best burger ANYWHERE I have ever had is Port of Call on Esplanade in New Orleans. New Orleans is the food capital of America and Port of Call is easily the best burger in town and have seen it rated as the best in America. 8oz burger served with 1lb baked potato.....

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/port-of-call-new-orleans-best-hambu.jpg

You can also get the 32oz Monsoon adult beverage. I have seen 2 of them put some hard core drinkers asleep in the gutter.

Aron9000
01-12-09, 11:04 PM
The words of a man that has obviously never been to In n Out. 5 Guys was solid but not even in the same ballpark as In n Out.

The absolute best burger ANYWHERE I have ever had is Port of Call on Esplanade in New Orleans. New Orleans is the food capital of America and Port of Call is easily the best burger in town and have seen it rated as the best in America. 8oz burger served with 1lb baked potato.....

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w52/jdinmaui/port-of-call-new-orleans-best-hambu.jpg

You can also get the 32oz Monsoon adult beverage. I have seen 2 of them put some hard core drinkers asleep in the gutter.

What's in the Monsoon? I might have to make one tonight.

MauiV
01-13-09, 12:02 AM
Its pretty much like trash can punch, complete with the fruit...

6oz White Rum
6oz Pineapple Juice
4oz PassionFruit Juice (comes in small bottles)
10oz Sweet/Sour

once mixed you pour another 6 oz of 151 over the top. Sliced orange and lemon and a cherry on a skewer dropped in

On nights we would go out in the Quarter we would park near Port of Call, get a Monsoon to go and be hammered before we hit our next stop.

nickc50310
01-13-09, 09:45 AM
I left Dolphin Stadium @ 5PM. I had an 8:20PM flight. Averaging 85mph across the Alley, hitting 100 in spurts, I got to RSW in 2 hours. That gave me less than 40 minutes for the excursion. And I knew not of your of your ghey selection...

PFFFFTTTT!!

That burger looks fantastic for sure! I got the impression we were talking fast food though.

Youre right! I have never been to in n out but I hear good things. I need to find out where they are so next time Im traveling I know when I am near one.

Arg, just found they are only in the SW. I am never down that way. :mad:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-13-09, 04:32 PM
I'm going to Sonic again Thursday morning. Can't wait!!!!

nickc50310
01-14-09, 03:12 PM
I'm going to Sonic again Thursday morning. Can't wait!!!!

I quit going when they got rid of pancake on a stick. That stuff was FTMFW!

STS_Seville_Hunter
01-14-09, 09:47 PM
The Sonic by my house is pretty poor. People from my high school work there so I'm sure that has something to do with it. It was fun driving in with two other Caddys, a Town Car, and a Z.
I live in California so I'm lucky enough to have a In-n-out close to me I just wish there was a closer Popeyes.

BTW I had Taco Johns when I was in North Dakota, Potato Oles for the win.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-09, 09:51 PM
Oh man, there's a Taco John's about 4 miles from my house. I wanna go there now!!

MauiV
01-14-09, 10:39 PM
I just wish there was a closer Popeyes.

Super Popeyes FTMFW!!!

http://www.superpopeyes.com/superpops/superpopmenu.html

Vesicant
01-15-09, 07:02 AM
Oh man, there's a Taco John's about 4 miles from my house. I wanna go there now!!

Ugh I wish we had Taco Johns here. There might be one location ... I think. But is it worth the drive?

I use to hit up the one in the Brookdale center mall every time we went there. Soo much better than Taco Bell.

firstimecaddi
01-16-09, 01:46 PM
another chain that might be worth a try....COOKOUT...they do an authentic flame cooked burger

MauiV
01-16-09, 01:55 PM
I hope they are better than Backyard Burgers because they are ass.

I do LOVE Culvers though. Only fast food place I have been to where the burger in your basket looks like the one in the pictures.

Vesicant
01-16-09, 02:27 PM
I hope they are better than Backyard Burgers because they are ass.

I do LOVE Culvers though. Only fast food place I have been to where the burger in your basket looks like the one in the pictures.

Yes! Everything at Culvers is amazingly good. Custard, their french fries, the burgers. mMmm.

dkozloski
01-16-09, 05:58 PM
Everytime I think I'm about to seriously consider fast food, I make myself a peanut butter sandwich and thank God for self control.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-16-09, 08:15 PM
Culvers is one of the few fast food places that I'll regularly and consistently pass up.

orconn
01-16-09, 10:26 PM
With the wide variation in the assessment of the various fast food chains food and service found here, mostly judged "poor," I think we can say that the franchise concept is a failure as far as providing a consistently good product and experience all over the country. Thus it is a failure period, since consistency of experience is the only real excuse for a chain's existence. Apparently the franchisors management has totally failed to supervise and maintain the standards that would make a uniform customer experience possible. Maybe a return of the mom and pop establishment would prove a better choice for consistently good food at a reasonable price. It certainly has in LA, where great small ethnic restaurants are a great alternative to the national fast food chains.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-09, 10:09 PM
I went to Taco John's for lunch today. It was much better than Taco Bell. I got the Steak and Potatoes Burrito, a side of Potato Ole's and another side of crunchy chicken with dipping sauce. It was awesome. I might just go back for lunch tomorrow and get two of those burritos and a side of ole's.

Jesda
01-18-09, 08:32 PM
Everytime I think I'm about to seriously consider fast food, I make myself a peanut butter sandwich and thank God for self control.

Last words of a man taken by salmonella.

gdwriter
01-19-09, 09:14 PM
Stopped at In-N-Out on my way to the airport this evening and got these pics:

http://www.gdwriter.q45.org/P1190004.jpg

http://www.gdwriter.q45.org/P1190005.jpg

As always, it was terrific. You really can taste the freshness. I've never had a bad experience at In-N-Out.

Unfortunately, I probably won't have it again until next year's Arizona trip.

thebigjimsho
01-20-09, 02:29 AM
Their fries...meh.

DopeStar 156
01-20-09, 05:22 AM
My lady and I drove around central Florida Friday night and BOTH the ones I found were closed. We don't have them in New Jersey and my curiosity is peaked.......

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-20-09, 08:15 AM
I'm sure In-N-Out makes a great burger, but I looked at their menu, and they only offer 2 or 3 different burgers. What's up with that??

MauiV
01-20-09, 08:51 AM
You do something, you do it well. No need to waste effort on mediocrity.

DopeStar 156
01-20-09, 09:04 PM
Are they no longer attached to Walmarts in Florida? Both the ones I found when I was down there were in Walmarts and were closed down.

MauiV
01-20-09, 11:11 PM
What chain are you talking about Dope? Sonic?

In N Out is only in Cali, Zona, Nevada and 1 in SW most Utah.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-20-09, 11:14 PM
You do something, you do it well. No need to waste effort on mediocrity.

But what if I want some bacon on my burger???

DopeStar 156
01-20-09, 11:25 PM
What chain are you talking about Dope? Sonic?

In N Out is only in Cali, Zona, Nevada and 1 in SW most Utah.

Yeah Sonic....

MauiV
01-20-09, 11:26 PM
But what if I want some bacon on my burger???

You take it home and put bacon on it.

The "secret" menu...

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

gdwriter
01-21-09, 01:00 AM
I'm sure In-N-Out makes a great burger, but I looked at their menu, and they only offer 2 or 3 different burgers. What's up with that??They are very focused on what they do, and that focus helps retain the very high quality. One thing that's not on the menu, but readily available for the asking is a double-meat without the cheese, which is what I will frequently get.

If you're paying attention in the kitchen, you can see the employees put fresh, peeled potatoes into the slicer before they get fried. It's kind of cool knowing they really are that fresh.

One other thing I like about In-N-Out is they hire very well and pay their workers above average wages for a fast-food place. The staff I encounter are almost universally enthusiastic, friendly, polite and efficient.

When I lived in Arizona, we'd often go with our dog and sit at the outside tables. On almost every occasion, we'd see somebody come out to wipe the tables while we were eating. They'd also smile and greet you (including the dog). It's the kind of place you want to come back to.

derrty_deville
01-22-09, 08:10 PM
Five Guys is the best burger hands down. One randomly opened here in St. Cloud. Sonics food is so bad I'd rather eat at a public school. I only get drinks now when I hit up Sonic.

thebigjimsho
01-22-09, 10:21 PM
Five Guys is the best burger hands down. One randomly opened here in St. Cloud. No, this isn't the big bang theory. Either Five Guys, or a franchisee, did some land and location surveys. Then they decide to build. Employees had to be hired. A lot of things had to happen, none of them even partially random...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-23-09, 07:44 AM
No, this isn't the big bang theory. Either Five Guys, or a franchisee, did some land and location surveys. Then they decide to build. Employees had to be hired. A lot of things had to happen, none of them even partially random...

Yeah, but the big bang theory is funnier.

"And god said let there be great hamburgers!"

....and that's how Minnesota got their first Five Guys...

thebigjimsho
01-23-09, 01:01 PM

....and that's how Minnesota got their first Five Guys...The only Big Bang Theory I subscribe to is this one...

http://www.viennaautographs.at/Bilder/Cuoco-Kaley---ICO04541.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-23-09, 03:08 PM
Who's that?

thebigjimsho
01-23-09, 05:54 PM
Who's that?Kelly Cuoco from the show The Big Bang Theory...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-23-09, 06:00 PM
Nice....

bling80
01-27-09, 03:45 PM
haha ive only been to sonic twice but from what ive seen its pretty good

derrty_deville
01-27-09, 09:07 PM
No, this isn't the big bang theory. Either Five Guys, or a franchisee, did some land and location surveys. Then they decide to build. Employees had to be hired. A lot of things had to happen, none of them even partially random...

YOU ARE WRONG! IT WAS RANDOM! END OF STORY!:thepan:

thebigjimsho
01-28-09, 09:08 AM
YOU ARE WRONG! IT WAS RANDOM! END OF STORY!:thepan::lies:

nickc50310
01-28-09, 05:19 PM
Five Guys is the best burger hands down. One randomly opened here in St. Cloud. Sonics food is so bad I'd rather eat at a public school. I only get drinks now when I hit up Sonic.

....and that's how Minnesota got their first Five Guys...

YOOOOUUUUU MO FOS!!! I AM ON MY WAY!!! AHAHAHAHAH!! Wow that is awesome though! Im glad to see Five Guys is getting closer!!!

nickc50310
01-29-09, 09:57 AM
I also found that Five Guys is in KC!! I will be hitting it up multiple times this year on my way to the lake! WOOOT! Here I was thinking I wouldnt get Five Guys again until next year when I go back to Florida!

Heres pics of me acting goofy at Five Guys!

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2060/68/72/1377395439/n1377395439_30279817_2344.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/nickc50310/IMG_45081.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-29-09, 08:34 PM
You look satisfied Nick. Quite satisfied.

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 05:54 AM
I also found that Five Guys is in KC!! I will be hitting it up multiple times this year on my way to the lake! WOOOT! Here I was thinking I wouldnt get Five Guys again until next year when I go back to Florida!

Heres pics of me acting goofy at Five Guys!

http://photos-b.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v2060/68/72/1377395439/n1377395439_30279817_2344.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/nickc50310/IMG_45081.jpg
nyom nyom nyom

nickc50310
01-30-09, 09:15 AM
LOL! Yes I was! In that pic, I have a regular five guys cheeseburger with bacon, mushrooms and mayo! :highfive:

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 04:09 PM
LOL! Yes I was! In that pic, I have a regular five guys cheeseburger with bacon, mushrooms and mayo! :highfive:
:drool:

firstimecaddi
02-25-09, 09:32 PM
bump

joee5
02-25-09, 09:47 PM
Never seen nor tried a Sonic before, however I'm game. Got us a good burger joint here in NJ. Highland Park to be exact. It's called "White Rose". Get yourself one of them burgers and (3) three days later your still suffering. Took me wife there for luch during the holiday season and she cussed me out for about a week. They are good so it's worth it. God Bless,Joe

gdwriter
02-26-09, 02:38 AM
I was running errands Sunday in Salem near where the first Sonic in my area opened last fall, so I finally had a chance to try it. As with any franchised place, quality can really depend on the franchisee, but like the one I used to frequent in Phoenix, the Salem Sonic is a good one. Fries were hot and crisp and the burger had lots of flavor. And their car hops actually deliver on roller skates, like you were back in the Fifties. I may be back that way on Saturday and if so, I'll probably stop there again.

VforMe
02-26-09, 08:57 AM
I was running errands Sunday in Salem near where the first Sonic in my area opened last fall, so I finally had a chance to try it. As with any franchised place, quality can really depend on the franchisee, but like the one I used to frequent in Phoenix, the Salem Sonic is a good one. Fries were hot and crisp and the burger had lots of flavor. And their car hops actually deliver on roller skates, like you were back in the Fifties. I may be back that way on Saturday and if so, I'll probably stop there again.

I went to sonic the other night to get my wife some ice cream and there were two dudes on roller skates delivering food.:nono:

thebigjimsho
02-26-09, 11:30 AM
honestly, with such a mobile and time-conscious society, I'm surprised carhops don't make a comeback...

Aron9000
02-27-09, 01:22 AM
I went to sonic the other night to get my wife some ice cream and there were two dudes on roller skates delivering food.:nono:

^I went to the sonic in Nolensville(very redneck/trailer trash part of town), and there was this really effiment dude on roller skates, didn't look like he was over 17, wearing a purple shirt. He didn't talk gay, so I tipped him $2.

CadillacGurl
02-27-09, 01:32 PM
I like Sonic, been to the one near my house in PA. Hamburgers are decent but I'll stick to Wendy's. I do like their Butterfinger Blast thingy. Never been to Five Guys but my dad has, very good in his opinion. I do like Jack-in-the-Box in Cali, that was excellent. Never been to In-N-Out though :(

EDIT: I just found out there is a Five Guys in Lincoln Park!! I'll make a trip up there before work :D I have my camera.

EDIT 2: Crap it's Friday and I can't eat meat... dang my religion!!

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 01:03 AM
God doesn't care if you eat meat. That's a man-made custom. Do it!