: Mileage On New V?

Vedder
06-28-04, 09:46 PM
What is the average mileage on these brand new? If not test driven, how many should show? Can you guys tell me how many miles yours had on it? I am particularly interested in the people who claim they got theirs with no test drive mileage.

I am ready to pull the trigger tonight, but the V has 21 miles on it. I do not wan't a car that has been test driven a lot. Is 21 miles normal for a new V with no test drives? The dealer claims it has not been used for test drives.:want:

StealthV
06-28-04, 09:59 PM
Mine came off the truck with 1 mile.
Dealer pre-delivery inspection ~ 8 miles.
Trip to window-tint shop ~ 23 miles.
As delivered = 32 miles.

I put on 37 miles test driving an '04 V (one car, two separate occassions) and those 37 miles were nothing to be concerned about - I treated the car with respect. Yes we all want a 0 mile car but it is unrealistic unless you order it and drive it off the truck.

Do you like the car? Good price? Good dealer? Buy it!

StealthV
06-28-04, 10:54 PM
What color did you pick? Why?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

benjet
06-28-04, 11:11 PM
Last high perf limited prod car I bought (new) had ~150 miles at the time of purchase, it now has 150k on it, no problems to report due to it not having <10 miles at the time of delivery.

YMMV
-Ben

06-28-04, 11:28 PM
Vedder

the one I bought came with 21 miles. A saw a bunch (well....about 7 in total) tha had come off the truck with about 2 miles, but two different dealers told me that they were told to drive the V's for 15 miles or so before they sold them, which sounded like a load of baloney but maybe miscreant or msheri01 can comment. Most that I saw had 15-20 miles on them.

21 miles is not "high"....and I am very pleased with mine.

Doug

Z06Phil
06-28-04, 11:53 PM
Mine had 25 miles on it when I drove it home, and that included my 5 mile test drive.

miscreant
06-29-04, 12:14 AM
Vedder

the one I bought came with 21 miles. A saw a bunch (well....about 7 in total) tha had come off the truck with about 2 miles, but two different dealers told me that they were told to drive the V's for 15 miles or so before they sold them, which sounded like a load of baloney but maybe miscreant or msheri01 can comment. Most that I saw had 15-20 miles on them.

21 miles is not "high"....and I am very pleased with mine.

Doug
This is totally true. It also depends on where you buy. The farther away from the plant, the more miles it has off the truck, though noone can ever answer me why. Our's typically have 7-9 miles off the truck. But if you follow the service recommendations, we are supposed to put about 10 miles on it through the service ride and drive. Many dealerships don't necessarily complete the whole 10 miles, but it's just a recommendation. We are right by a highway which makes it easy to loop down the highway and back up and easily put the miles on it. Honestly, under 40 miles and it definitely hasn't been driven much at all.

globed70
06-29-04, 08:45 AM
21 miles on mine... dealer gave details of who drove.

NIK
06-29-04, 09:27 AM
My '05 had 4 miles off the truck - 5 miles when I drove it home ....

DgtalPimp
06-29-04, 11:32 AM
Off the truck and dealer driven, no test drives on mine except by me.

I left on Friday mid day and returned on Monday 2:00 PM (nice test drive). I bought the car then with @200 miles on it. All the miles except the factory 7-10 were driven by me.

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

alcindus
06-29-04, 11:47 AM
mine had 5 miles off showroom floor

2004ctsv
06-29-04, 07:03 PM
mine had 4 miles on it

b4z
06-29-04, 08:37 PM
I wonder if the dealer could do a history of what the max rpms have been?
if it is not more than 4-4500 rpms i would be okay with buying a V with 200 miles.

rabid
06-29-04, 09:44 PM
85 miles

soon to V
06-29-04, 10:47 PM
Mine had 9 miles on it when I took it home. It would have had less, but I was a day late in telling them no test drive.

Cal
06-30-04, 01:26 AM
I think it was 12 miles or something. Never been test driven. Just the technicians doing doughnuts in the parking lots am sure.

-1-
06-30-04, 08:34 AM
:) Obviously, less is better. I test drove one and put about 1/2 mile on it. Pulled out of one entrance of the dealership and into the other. Had a 2003 CTS and the car sold itself. No need for long test drive. Car had about 76 miles at the time. Sales person said one person put 40 miles on it the night before.

DgtalPimp
06-30-04, 11:52 AM
I wonder if the dealer could do a history of what the max rpms have been?
if it is not more than 4-4500 rpms i would be okay with buying a V with 200 miles.
I would not have taken the car for the weekend and put on that kind of mileage unless I was very confident on buying it.

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

crashinv
06-30-04, 06:52 PM
I can understand wanting a low mileage car but I would be concerned about the vehicles that only had 4 or 5 miles. I would think this would mean that the technician did not do a proper PDI.

cdog533
07-03-04, 02:42 PM
I wouldnt concern myself any test drive miles. If it gets off the truck with 5 miles and you start beating the hell out of it from there on, you ain't gonna hurt nothing....Even GM says that the motor basically requires no break in.

What I found from racing is that motors either break right away (from some assembly/part issue) or they run their normal life span. A few full throttle runs after 10 miles is not gonna affect this. Besides, what do you think the dealership tech does in his test drive?

He runs it through the gears, making sure it accelerates well, does not break, shifts right, etc... and do you think he has more zeal in a CTS V or vette than in a (insert your own crap Chevy product name here)...you bet he does.

Vetts NV
07-07-04, 12:33 AM
Mine had 7 miles on it while I took my delivery drive with my sales person... Nine miles when I drove it home....