: headers exh and tune

Dave Golder
01-07-09, 07:29 PM
Here is the dyno sheet from the before and after with the headers, exhaust and tune. We didn't have the chance to do all the tuning work we wanted to as we had to dyno it with the pulley also. I will wait and post the pulley dyno until after we release some news at Barrett Jackson. Not sure how someone got 430RWHP and tuned to 470RWHP unless they were using a different dyno. Even then does not make sense. I know of four dynoed and all made between 462 and 473. I wish I could say headers and exhaust made 70RWHPhp but I can't :)

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/venomcoupe/CTSV-Golder-BA-01.jpg

Nutz
01-07-09, 07:52 PM
Low-end torque (at 2500 r.p.m.) looks impressive. Doubled from baseline!
Low-end torque= the much needed grunt for heavy car wheelspin.:cloud9:

I bet the seat-of-the-pants meter feels that low-end grunt.

Is the supercharger modified in any way?

GM-4-LIFE
01-07-09, 07:55 PM
What headers did you go with? What size?

SG

CVP33
01-07-09, 08:48 PM
What headers did you go with? What size?

SG

See other thread. I believe they were custom built. 1 and 7/8?

NormV
01-07-09, 10:21 PM
I thought it was an automatic tranmission and could be torque converter spike.

Norm

I bet the seat-of-the-pants meter feels that low-end grunt.

Dave Golder
01-07-09, 10:26 PM
See other thread. I believe they were custom built. 1 and 7/8?

correct... custom made headers, burns collectors, xpipe

Dave Golder
01-07-09, 10:28 PM

It is now but not on that dyno run. Wanted a baseline with headers and exhaust.

Jpjr
01-07-09, 11:23 PM
Did you have to drop the k-member to install the headers? Are they custom?

Numbers look good although a pulley swap would have made a lot more power than headers. Of course you would need to fab one up and find a belt that fits, which would be time consuming.

gotapex
01-07-09, 11:29 PM
correct... custom made headers, burns collectors, xpipe

Very nice, Burns makes quality stuff.

Luna.
01-07-09, 11:58 PM
OUTSTANDING results!

I wouldn't mind sitting at about 500 rwhp as well.

Then again, I want ~550 rwhp, so I'll need another 50...

LV_V
01-08-09, 12:39 AM
I'm liking what I'm seeing! Keep pushing the envelope!

Luna.
01-08-09, 01:58 AM
NOS be a good option? Too lame?

I need 550rwhp... :lildevil:

The Tony Show
01-08-09, 10:37 AM

Umm....I'm seeing a 50ft/lb gain in the torque at 2,500, not double. If it were doubled, it would be putting out 800 at 2,500 rpm.

Nutz
01-08-09, 10:53 AM
Umm....I'm seeing a 50ft/lb gain in the torque at 2,500, not double. If it were doubled, it would be putting out 800 at 2,500 rpm.

Ya, I guess I could have worded it better. :thumbsup:

Razorecko
01-08-09, 11:25 AM
Headers/exhaust usually show their power increase when a cold air intake is put in conjunction - how is the intake system on the v ? I'm sure even replacing the stock filter with a good flowing oem style filter like a "green filter" would bump out the #'s considerably.

The Tony Show
01-08-09, 11:50 AM
Read the first post in this link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158463-potential-mods-power-gains.html

whisler151
01-08-09, 11:56 AM

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158463-potential-mods-power-gains.html

Read the graph in this link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158486-headers-exh-tune.html

The Tony Show
01-08-09, 12:02 PM
Read the graph in this link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158486-headers-exh-tune.html

Huh? Razorecko asked about the effectiveness of an intake, so I linked him to a discussion about Wait4me's results modifying the intake.

The graph in this thread is for headers, exhaust and a tune- no intake.

CadV
01-08-09, 12:05 PM
Huh? Razorecko asked about the effectiveness of an intake, so I linked him to a discussion about Wait4me's results modifying the intake.

FYI The results are for individual mods from stock. They are not results from multiple mods.

whisler151
01-08-09, 12:17 PM

Disregard. I misunderstood your post. When you said "read first post" I thought you were referring to the first item that Wait4me listed which was headers. He showed a minimal gain. I figured (due to my last year and ten months of reading your smart ass posts) that you were calling BS on Dave's gains.

My bad, I guess I miss the days of exciting back and forth posts.

Razorecko
01-08-09, 12:35 PM
hmm. This looks disapointing. I was expecting a greater gain w/out having to crack open the motor. Than with the pistons being cast I can only imagine how much more boost from the blower the motor could take. Seems like all vehicles nowadays are being manufactured from the factory near their ragged edge.

CARBLDR
01-08-09, 01:27 PM
It looks as if the real power with the Headers and Exhaust and tune comes to 480ish range. The graph shows the spike at the end were it looks like it hit the fuel cut (REV LIMITER).

GM-4-LIFE
01-08-09, 02:35 PM
I am really surprised the headers didn't open up the power gains even more.

1 7/8" headers on a blown application should have yielded higher gains.

Oh well... NICE GAINS NEVERTHELESS!

SG

The Tony Show
01-08-09, 03:28 PM
I figured (due to my last year and ten months of reading your smart ass posts) that you were calling BS on Dave's gains.

My bad, I guess I miss the days of exciting back and forth posts.

I suppose smart ass posts are better than dumb ass posts, right? :D

I definitely wasn't calling BS on Dave's gains, just letting razorecko know that his hopes for big intake gains had already been shot down. It looks like Cadillac did a good job with the intake and exhaust on these cars.