: Secret Key Inside FOB

CadV
01-07-09, 04:34 PM
I was chatting with Jess (WAIT4ME Performance) and he told me about a secret key inside the FOB.

There is a black rectangular button at the bottom above the silver part. Push hard on the button then pull the silver part down.

:thumbsup:

Cadillac Tony
01-07-09, 04:41 PM
Your salesman didn't tell you about the emergency key? :doh:

Make sure you press HARD on the little button before removing it. We've already had a few Salesmen destroy key fobs by pulling on the ring without pressing the release tab fully- it breaks off all the tabs inside the fob, making it impossible to reattach the key (and loop).

As fragile as those tabs are, I really don't recommend removing it unless you need to.

CadV
01-07-09, 04:51 PM
Your salesman didn't tell you about the emergency key? :doh:

Make sure you press HARD on the little button before removing it. We've already had a few Salesmen destroy key fobs by pulling on the ring without pressing the release tab fully- it breaks off all the tabs inside the fob, making it impossible to reattach the key (and loop).

As fragile as those tabs are, I really don't recommend removing it unless you need to.

He sure didn't hahaha

trukk
01-07-09, 04:54 PM
AHHHH Man...it was a secret...now its not :rant2:

-Chris

Nutz
01-07-09, 05:40 PM
Sounds like the same design as the ones for my 08 Vette. Hard to pull apart (for a good reason).

CadV
01-07-09, 05:44 PM
Sounds like the same design as the ones for my 08 Vette. Hard to pull apart (for a good reason).

Thanks for the pics Nutz

CIWS
01-07-09, 05:52 PM
Hopefully he told you the ignition isn't really a key either. . ;)

tedcmiller
01-08-09, 12:27 AM
The owner's manual discusses the "secret" key at length. I guess some people don't like to read owner manuals. The pictures provided by Nutz are great.

CadV
01-08-09, 12:31 AM
Hopefully he told you the ignition isn't really a key either. . ;)

Hehe

Kadonny
01-08-09, 09:25 AM
My salesman told me about it :cool2:

wait4me
01-09-09, 01:35 PM
I had found this out the hard way.. It dont look good in xray at the airport.

x-srtjeep
04-03-09, 10:12 AM
I had found this out the hard way.. It dont look good in xray at the airport.

Same here, my wife asked, "Now what did you do"? when they pulled me aside! LOL

dvandentop
04-03-09, 09:11 PM
good luck getting them back together

tedcmiller
04-04-09, 12:49 AM
I have taken mine apart many times to show people the "secret" key and have never had a problem getting the two parts to snap back together.

JFJr
04-04-09, 10:27 AM
I have taken mine apart many times to show people the "secret" key and have never had a problem getting the two parts to snap back together.Same here. My salesman demonstrated this feature and was helpful with the navigation system and personalization menu while my paperwork was being completed. A lot of the problems expressed on this forum could have been avoided by salesmen demonstrations of the car's unique features.