: Supercharge Your NorthStar for Free.

dkozloski
01-07-09, 12:53 PM
The local temp this morning is a -43F and the dewpoint is -40 F. Barometric pressure is 29.97. A quick check of the density altitude calculator shows a density altitude of -7100 ft and the equivilant boost of 23% over sea level. My '06 AWD STS runs very strong. I'd run it through the quarter mile but the ice fog is so thick you can barely see the road. The butt dyno says it's all good. The heater works well and the car is toasty warm inside. The head gaskets are holding and the heads have not lifted.
Cheers!

C0RSA1R
01-07-09, 01:57 PM
Gov. Sarah Palin and free supercharging?! Where the heck have you Alaskans been hiding this stuff?

Oh . . . that's right. In Alaska.

AJxtcman
01-07-09, 07:33 PM
The local temp this morning is a -43F and the dewpoint is -40 F. Barometric pressure is 29.97. A quick check of the density altitude calculator shows a density altitude of -7100 ft and the equivilant boost of 23% over sea level. My '06 AWD STS runs very strong. I'd run it through the quarter mile but the ice fog is so thick you can barely see the road. The butt dyno says it's all good. The heater works well and the car is toasty warm inside. The head gaskets are holding and the heads have not lifted.
Cheers!

What is your address again? I will send someone over to check on you and deflate your tires. :sneaky:

dkozloski
01-07-09, 07:51 PM
What is your address again? I will send someone over to check on you and deflate your tires. :sneaky:
The tires are so damn hard I don't think it matters if there is air or not.

CIWS
01-08-09, 07:51 AM
Gov. Sarah Palin ! Where the heck have you Alaskans been hiding this stuff?

She was "hidden" for a reason, it just sucks McCain found her. Of course he recognizes that now. :sneaky:

CIWS
01-08-09, 07:53 AM
Cheers!

Now just imagine how it would run with that cold air being forced into the engine with the supercharger :D

I definitely can tell the difference on the cold air days. I just wish I had an extra set of winter rubber to keep traction too.

Submariner409
01-08-09, 05:58 PM
:gg: Someone is gonna bite on this, for sure.....:hide:

ted tcb
01-08-09, 11:07 PM
I just wish I had an extra set of winter rubber to keep traction too.

True, but you get more sensation when you refrain from doubling up
on your rubber!