: Miles on delivered car

TheGeeman
01-06-09, 03:06 PM
I've seen alot of delivered cars, but none with over 10 miles on them. 1 with damaged (chuck-hole gouged LH wheels and tires) RIGHT OFF THE TRUCK

I picked this up in another thread. Now I'm worring about my car. I picked my car up Dec 3-one of the first 2009 V delivered. It had 41 miles.

I was at the dealership when it was unloaded and looked at the mileage then so I know the dealer did not put on the miles.

The car was shipped from GM to KC by rail and then by truck to Springfield MO.

I asked the salesman about the miles and he assured me the first Vs were test driven at the plant before they were shipped. Silly me--I believed him.

Maybe igonorance is bliss.

Any thoughts
G.

Cub Cadet
01-06-09, 03:15 PM
That is pretty common actually. My 2002 F150 Lightning had around 50 miles put on it at the factory... it was a chosen vehicle to do an end of line test/audit if you will. I wasn't too worried about it. The tires were good when I got it and there were no marks on it. I actually felt more comfortable that it got scrutinized at the factory!

Kadonny
01-06-09, 03:44 PM
Mine had 31 or 41 on it if I remember right. No biggie.

GNSCOTT
01-06-09, 04:05 PM
why would you be worried? Some cars are chosen for further testing after they are built. Most cars are delivered with about 8 miles on them, so GM probably beat on your car a little before they shipped to make sure it was ok. I would prefer that than the 8 mile car to tell you the truth.

Vrocks
01-06-09, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I'd rather have a car with 100 miles on it that's rock solid, than one with <5 miles on it. I've had a few new cars with a few squeaks during the first few days of ownership, and most have gone away after 100 miles or so.

If you had a chance to test drive it before you bought it, and everything looked new and it felt great, don't worry at all.

caddiedrummer
01-06-09, 05:28 PM
If dealer miles it would worry me. If factory miles it is likely a good thing. Yours was checked out well. With Vipers if it is over 50 or so they put a note on the car with a reason. My V had 4 miles at delivery. Enjoy it and remember how we talked about this when you hit 100,000.

1fstkde
01-06-09, 05:35 PM
even the new nissan gtr will have at least 20 miles on it..

Cadillac Tony
01-06-09, 05:37 PM
Most cars show up from the factory with between 5 and 10 miles- others are randomly pulled for QC testing, which adds a few more. Our Technicians usually put on another 10 during the PDI when they road test the car for tire vibrations, squeaks, rattles and feature operation.

It's a lot better (from a customer satisfaction standpoint) to deliver all your new cars free of shakes and rattles with 30 miles on the clock instead of just washing and delivering it, then having a ticked off customer because their $65,000 car has a vibration.

TheGeeman
01-06-09, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the input. It certainly puts my concerns at rest. I so much love the car and I guess I was looking for something to worry about.

No worrys Be happy.

G.

Ketzer
01-06-09, 06:10 PM
When we pick ours up, its getting 10hrs put on it right out of the gate. I'd much rather have a tech sort it out before we get in it.
Besides, ours is under a watchful eye... :eye:

Cadillac Tony
01-06-09, 06:27 PM
That would be mine, and I've got two good ones. :eye::eye:

:D

CadV
01-06-09, 07:10 PM
Mine had 4.

330toSRT8
01-06-09, 08:34 PM
My SRT8 had 3 miles and that was after the PDI. Of course, one person could be more brutal in 3 miles than another person in 300 miles. As long as it runs properly when you drive it home there couldn't have been anything too crazy done to it. With an automatic you don't really have to worry about someone over-reving it or killing the clutch.

Heavychevy1
01-07-09, 02:32 PM
That's what warranty's are for. If the car had something like 150-200 miles on it, then it would be a problem, but 40 miles is nothing.

readyact
01-07-09, 09:00 PM
I was at the dealership when mine was delivered and it had 34 on it. I was told the factory double and tripled checked the car. 34 pre-miles did not bother me one bit.