: Order time for CTS-V?

DAC17
01-05-09, 07:49 PM
Does anyone know what the expected order time is for a new CTS-V?

Thanks.

Krug Ford
01-05-09, 08:17 PM
Right now you are going to be looking at 9 to 11 weeks to get ahold of one..

If you would like to order sone I can see about getting you one a little quicker.

ExtraV
01-05-09, 09:11 PM
I believe the plant is on paid vacation for a few weeks at 90% pay. Might be awhile.

Dick's06Vee
01-05-09, 10:05 PM
The Grand River plant here in town (birthplace of our V's) is closed for the entire month of January. When they re-open the first of February, they will drop one shift. Since I don't know how many shifts they were running before the shutdown, I can't tell you if they'll be running one or two shifts. Not sure whether or not dropping one shift will result in a longer order process. Dick

vixapphire
01-05-09, 10:24 PM
Slightly off-topic, but are they doing the "one man, one engine" thing on these CTS-V's like they do/did on the XLR-V/STS-V?

RapidRob
01-05-09, 11:10 PM
The Grand River plant here in town (birthplace of our V's) is closed for the entire month of January. When they re-open the first of February, they will drop one shift. Since I don't know how many shifts they were running before the shutdown, I can't tell you if they'll be running one or two shifts. Not sure whether or not dropping one shift will result in a longer order process. Dick

Damb ... this bad news:helpless:. I ordered 12/09/08, and now it looks like at least Feb/Mar. 09 before I will see my car according to the above info.:crying2: And to top that off, I now see 2 v2's are available on the lot at another dealer in my area, but can't back out of my order without losing the deposit. This waiting is the pits ...

Rob

darjae
01-05-09, 11:14 PM
Damb ... this bad news:helpless:. I ordered 12/09/08, and now it looks like at least Feb/Mar. 09 before I will see my car according to the above info.:crying2: And to top that off, I now see 2 v2's are available on the lot at another dealer in my area, but can't back out of my order without losing the deposit. This waiting is the pits ...

Rob

Are you sure your deposit is non-refundable? I made sure mine was (and they told me that, at least at my dealer, they always are)

cavemantrader
01-05-09, 11:21 PM
In Texas, I think that a automobile deposit is refundable by law. I bet every state is this way. Definitely worth checking into.

Dave

RapidRob
01-05-09, 11:27 PM
Are you sure your deposit is non-refundable? I made sure mine was (and they told me that, at least at my dealer, they always are)

Yes, I asked them about that ... it is refundable, of course, if they can't deliver for some reason, but otherwise it's not. But at that time there were no v2's available in my area, and I wanted to get the ball rolling, so I ordered - and then GM annouced that they were closing plants for part or all of January. If I'd known that I probably made arrangements with an east or mid-west dealer like many on this forum have done. Oh well ...:(

Rob

darjae
01-05-09, 11:31 PM
I feel your pain. I was thinking that I would be in the same boat (Even though I could get my deposit back) in mid December when they announced the plant closings.... But, it came through right before Christmas.

It would be hard for me to wait when I knew that there were Vs to be had.... Hold Tight. When you get your car, you will love it!!!

jvp
01-06-09, 05:58 AM
Slightly off-topic, but are they doing the "one man, one engine" thing on these CTS-V's like they do/did on the XLR-V/STS-V?

No. The CTS-V's engine is not made at the Wixom plant, it's a "line" engine made in a factory in Mexico.

jas

Razorecko
01-06-09, 11:49 PM
Yea i'm also stuck like you guys waiting till feb/march. Not too bad though, by than all the snow and salt should be gone over here in the chicago area (fingers crossed) i could have grabbed multiple v's around the area but because i ordered a 6spd blk/blk w/ the recaro package i'll have to wait a while.

JFJr
01-15-09, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know what the expected order time is for a new CTS-V?

Thanks.

My dealer got an allocation in early July 2008 and I ordered my car then. It was finally delivered to me on December 30. Even though I had a long wait, it was well worth the aggravation! I was told that part of the problem was the Recaro seats, but I have to believe that this process will shorten in the future.

readyact
01-15-09, 06:31 PM
I got my V2 on December 12th as I put down a deposit last February. Dealer told me my deposit was refundable with no strings attached. If you canít get your deposit back donít fear as your wait will be well worth itÖ trust me.

Dr. Design
01-15-09, 10:51 PM
You might want to call down to some of the socal dealerships as some have V's sitting on the lots... You might be able to pick one up down here and have it shipped to you. What color/options are you looking for?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

james4513
01-15-09, 10:56 PM
Call Scott Pratt at Superior. He had just received 3 V's when I picked up mine last Thursday. He will do a good job for you. I think Tony in FL has a few.

Good luck...

Krug Ford
01-17-09, 03:48 PM
I have some..

Thanks James for the referral.

How many miles do you have on yours?

james4513
01-17-09, 04:37 PM
I have some..

Thanks James for the referral.

How many miles do you have on yours?

1,800 impressive miles!