: Does the CTS-V's brakes produce a lot of brake dust?

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 03:49 PM
I have had a 2007 STS-V for almost two years and my biggest complaint with the STS-V was the amount of brake dust the pads would emit. You could drive the car down the street and the wheels would be covered in brake dust.

My question to you that already have the 2009 CTS-Vs is if the new CTS-V produces a lot of brake dust like my STS-V does.

I am very curious to find out.

SG

darjae
01-04-09, 04:33 PM
In short, yes.

I've had mine for a few weeks and I'm cleaning the wheels every other day.

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 04:58 PM
In short, yes.

I've had mine for a few weeks and I'm cleaning the wheels every other day.

DAMN! Well, I will run the stock pads until Hawk comes out with a pad compound like they did for the first gen CTS-V and STS-V. I heard the Hawk pads have better braking and almost zero dust.

Oh well...

SG

caddiedrummer
01-04-09, 05:05 PM
Maybe a little better than my M. I wonder if EBC will have a pad. I use those on Vipers and almost no dust.

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 05:17 PM
Maybe a little better than my M. I wonder if EBC will have a pad. I use those on Vipers and almost no dust.

How is the braking? I do want zero dust, but I also don't want an inferior performing pad.

SG

caddiedrummer
01-04-09, 06:13 PM
On Vipers the EBC were better than stock. Very good braking

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 09:18 PM
On Vipers the EBC were better than stock. Very good braking

Were you running the EBC green pads?

It may be awhile before the aftermarket companies start making brake pad replacements for our Vs.

SG

caddiedrummer
01-04-09, 09:26 PM
Yes--the greenies.

Nutz
01-05-09, 12:31 AM
My question to you that already have the 2009 CTS-Vs is if the new CTS-V produces a lot of brake dust like my STS-V does.

I am very curious to find out.

SG

New pics in the sticky from "Fleadh" with brown front wheels if that helps too... After prolly 15 hrs. of highway driving.