: Corsa System in the works

chris1268
01-04-09, 10:40 AM
Corsa had my car picked up yesterday and is going to begin work on developing their exhaust system for the V2. Just wanted to let everyone know it was in the works. I was fairly happy with the factory exhaust but the Corsa I had on my 04 V1 was simply awesome and I am hoping Jim and his crew can do even better with the V2.

Happy New Year to everyone.

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 11:31 AM
Corsa had my car picked up yesterday and is going to begin work on developing their exhaust system for the V2. Just wanted to let everyone know it was in the works. I was fairly happy with the factory exhaust but the Corsa I had on my 04 V1 was simply awesome and I am hoping Jim and his crew can do even better with the V2.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Sounds promising! Now the wait begins for you and us!

How long with Corsa have your car?

I just hope it's not going to be a $1200.00 + exhaust system.

SG

chris1268
01-04-09, 12:08 PM
Sounds promising! Now the wait begins for you and us!

How long with Corsa have your car?

I just hope it's not going to be a $1200.00 + exhaust system.

SG

It is totally going to be dependant on the the weather from what Jim told me. I am hoping no more than a month or so though (mainly so I can get her back and drive her:cloud9:)

He will be updating me weekly on the progress and also be doing dyno pulls so I will update this site as I get the information.

Cub Cadet
01-04-09, 12:19 PM
You guys really like the Corsa set up? I haven't really ever liked what they had to offer. They are a local company here and I just haven't liked what they put on vehicles. The Trailblazer SS community has gone away from their product because it just doesn't sound good on the GM 6.0 + engines. They sound more like a boat with the Corsa.
These engines sound great with Magnaflow, Stainless Works, and Bassani. These companies also make top notch, quality exhaust systems. When I get mine, I am going this route. On my Trailblazer SS, I have the Stainless Works system and that sounds very good on their.

dvandentop
01-04-09, 01:27 PM
the quality is great but i am sure the system will be $1000 plus like pretty much all their the majority of their systems

Cub Cadet
01-04-09, 02:09 PM
Corsa may be that pricey, but Magnaflow, Stainless Works and Bassani will all be in the $500 range. That was another thing I didn't like about Corsa... way too expensive. A guy I used to work with is employed as a design engineer over at Corsa... I haven't heard too many good things from him either.

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 02:17 PM
I have had quite a few Corvettes and I ran Corsa systems on one of them and found that it didn't give me that deep V8 muscle car rumble like Borla did so I took it off and sold it. I have never installed another Corsa system on any of my cars since.

The reason why Corsa can't get the same Borla sound is because they advertise zero in cabin resonance and you can't get that V8 rumble without the resonance. Basically Corsa designs systems that have that type of motorboat sound because that is as close as they can get to the V8 rumble without the resonance.

I will most likely go with a Borla system once they release their version of the CTS-V system being that it will cost less and give the car the exhaust system sound it should have had from the factory.

Corsa systems are way too expensive and don't sound the way the car should.

Just my opinion from my past experience, but I know a lot of guys here on the forum love Corsa and I say, to each his own! Get what you like and be happy. Life is way too short not to enjoy each day to it's fullest!

SG

caddiedrummer
01-04-09, 04:02 PM
I have had good luck with Corsas on Vipers and Vettes. The V sounds good from factory so don't know what I will do. I may get it on looks rather than sound depending how it looks.

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 04:14 PM
I have had good luck with Corsas on Vipers and Vettes. The V sounds good from factory so don't know what I will do. I may get it on looks rather than sound depending how it looks.

I am torn like you as well. After the large amount of cash I put down on my new CTS-V, I am gonna wait to do any mods. My first thing is going to be a baseline dyno and a nice dyno tune to optimize and better the factory generic programming.

SG

Razorecko
01-04-09, 06:19 PM
I've had both borla and corsa exhaust systems and the borla is just a much meaner,deeper,muscle car sound.

SoJersey05V
01-04-09, 07:59 PM
i've never liked the sound of borla... not loud enough.. bassani makes good stuff, stainless works makes really nice stuff.

magnaflow... wouldnt put that on my lawnmower.

I love Corsa because, it is the kind of exhaust you would expect on a V... quiet at cruising and idle... but when u mash the throttle or give her some rev's... it opens up like a F1 car..

and why would you want a muscle car sound on a caddy? this isn't a 69 camaro or ol' el camino... IT'S a V!

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 08:14 PM
i've never liked the sound of borla... not loud enough.. bassani makes good stuff, stainless works makes really nice stuff.

I love Corsa because, it is the kind of exhaust you would expect on a V... quiet at cruising and idle... but when u mash the throttle or give her some rev's... it opens up like a F1 car..

and why would you want a muscle car sound on a caddy? this isn't a 69 camaro or ol' el camino... IT'S a V!

Our Cadillac CTS-Vs aren't your normal old school vehicles. We have supercharged 6.2L V8 engines under the hood and I want to hear it! I want to hear the V8 rumble, I don't want the typical Corsa motorboat sound. I want what most of us hot rod guys want, a V8 rumble, not a boat burble.

SG

Razorecko
01-04-09, 08:18 PM
^ agreed. Hitting wot w/ my old corsa sounded like a nascar taking off

CVP33
01-04-09, 09:08 PM
Corsa doesn't know how to make anything under $1,200.
Magnaflow doesn't know how to make anything without drone.

Go figure. :nono:

CASEY122457
01-04-09, 09:14 PM
I have had 5 Corsa systems. Been to their plant 3 times. They are a 1st class company. And yes; I do not want drone when cruising down the highway. I am not 18 years old anymore!

SoJersey05V
01-04-09, 09:21 PM
Our Cadillac CTS-Vs aren't your normal old school vehicles. We have supercharged 6.2L V8 engines under the hood and I want to hear it! I want to hear the V8 rumble, I don't want the typical Corsa motorboat sound. I want what most of us hot rod guys want, a V8 rumble, not a boat burble.

SG

everyone likes different sounds, but wouldn't my '05 ls6 be more of a "muscle car" "hot rod" "V8 rumble" engine then the LSA? and shit i'd rather hear that Eaton whine over an exhaust any day!

also true with Corsa being expensive but when you drive a $60k+ caddy why skimp on exhaust becuase of price? it's like putting Corsa on a Ferrari, now you know you'd be putting Tubi or Capristo on a ferrari...

i can't complain though because i paid $668 (shipped) for my Corsa brand new... thanks Gus!

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 11:09 PM
Your LS6, my LS2 in my 2006 CTS-V and the LSA 6.2L engines are all pushrod small blocks derived from the Corvettes so they are all considered hot rod muscle car motors.

The Northstar 4.4L supercharged engine in my 2007 STS-V is a different animal altogether. It is NOT considered a muscle car hot rod engine because it is a DOHC 32V Cadillac engine even though it has some serious power.

SG

Kadonny
01-05-09, 09:33 AM
The reason why Corsa can't get the same Borla sound is because they advertise zero in cabin resonance and you can't get that V8 rumble without the resonance. Basically Corsa designs systems that have that type of motorboat sound because that is as close as they can get to the V8 rumble without the resonance.

SG

SG, we are usually on the same page, but not here. Motorboat? Hardly. You can say it is not as loud as a Magnaflow or others, but not a motorboat...hardly. In fact, many of the V1 owners thought the Corsa was the absolute loudest of any exhaust at WOT.

I like the stock exhaust, but I also loved my Corsa. I bet the Corsa is a different beast on an automatic though and I'll have to hear it and see the price before I would switch.

What every happened to Zoomers? Gone?

The Tony Show
01-05-09, 09:53 AM
A lot of you new forum members might turn your nose up at this, but quite a few of the first generation V owners got a terrific sound out of their cars by either drilling a hole and removing the packing from their mufflers or just removing the mufflers completely.

It sounds like redneck engineering, but the LS6 and LS2 sounded awesome after this mod, so I'd assume the LS3 would be the same. I've heard both Gen.1 motors with the muffler delete, and they sounded exactly like my 04 LS6 V with Magnaflows on it.

Just a random thought.

Flyboy
01-05-09, 10:01 AM
On my 05 V......I started with the B & B exhaust.......didn't care for the drone.....plenty loud, but even while just cruising hard to converse in the cabin and listening to the radio was a pain. I switched to the Corsa. My car has Katech long tube headers, no cats, and the Corsa exhaust. It is a PERFECT set up. Extremely loud (nice sound) under WOT, but while cruising nice and quiet and NO DRONE. So, IMHO.....loud, when you want it to be loud. Quiet, when you want it to be quiet. Pricey, but a high quality piece of work.

jvp
01-05-09, 10:22 AM
Motorboat? Hardly.

It's understandable why some might get the motorboat impression from the sound of a Chevy V8 with Corsas. Corsa got their start doing boat exhausts, and the venerable small block is used to power a lot of boats...

jas

chris1268
01-05-09, 10:38 AM

That is exactly why I choose to go with the Corsa system. I use my car for business as well and can not have the muscle sound all the time, but definately want it there when I want it there. It is a supercharged V8 but if that is the only reason I was buying the car I could have easily bought faster. It is a multi-purpose car for me personally - that is what has been such a great attraction for me with the car. I get to have my cake and eat it to:alchi:

SoJersey05V
01-05-09, 01:04 PM
That is exactly why I choose to go with the Corsa system. I use my car for business as well and can not have the muscle sound all the time, but definately want it there when I want it there. It is a supercharged V8 but if that is the only reason I was buying the car I could have easily bought faster. It is a multi-purpose car for me personally - that is what has been such a great attraction for me with the car. I get to have my cake and eat it to:alchi:

well i and i'm sure many other will be waiting anxiously for the 1st sound clip of this beast screaming through Corsa's stainless perfection! you should ask the guys at Corsa to take some spy photos so we can drool...

on another note, i've seen most of the guys with a Corsa kit swap out the tunnel mufflers (which help cancel out the drone) with an X-pipe to make it a little more noisy.. i say for noice... STAND ON THE THROTTLE!! lol

vmaniac
01-05-09, 08:31 PM
I had the Corsa on my '04V1 and loved it. However, I really like the supercharger sound on my V2 and don't want it drowned out with an even louder exhaust.

I still have my complete V1 exhaust system if someone wants it.

chris1268
01-06-09, 10:54 AM
I had the Corsa on my '04V1 and loved it. However, I really like the supercharger sound on my V2 and don't want it drowned out with an even louder exhaust.

I still have my complete V1 exhaust system if someone wants it.

I will post a vid when I get the car back or sooner if I can get Jim to send me one.

Dr Chill
01-06-09, 06:15 PM
Exhaust note is personal preference, build quality is not. On my C5 Z06 I have owned B&B Bullets (loud but drone), Borla Stingers (loud, but almost truck like), Corsa Indy's (loud and no drone), and am now back to stock titaniums. The build quality of the Corsa product is unsurpassed and in my opinion they sound the best of all I have owned.

That being said, I now favor long tube headers, no cats, and stock exhaust with electric cutouts. You can change the personality of the car with the flip of a switch. A quiet cruiser for around town, or a monster at WOT.

chris1268
01-08-09, 11:11 AM
Here are some pics of the stock exhaust. Notice the 3 fairly severe crimps in the piping.

caddiedrummer
01-08-09, 05:38 PM
And, there is apparently no truth to the rumor (Corvette site) that Corsa is going out of business. Looks like they got bought by a private concern and many of the same folks are still there. I can say I have had several Corsas and they were great. I had one small issue with one exhaust and their customer service was outstanding.

CIWS
01-08-09, 05:45 PM
And, there is apparently no truth to the rumor (Corvette site) that Corsa is going out of business.

Oh you didn't have to go far from the nest ;)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/157937-end-corsa.html

Luna.
01-08-09, 06:22 PM
Now I have to decide if I'm going Corsa or Zoomers...crap.... :)

chris1268
01-08-09, 06:40 PM
I suggest holding off until I get some sound clips from Jim Jr. before making a decision. I think they are going to make this car sound perfect - but time will tell. They are up and operational and working on it as we speak.

c4ss
01-09-09, 02:34 AM
I know people like to knock magnaflow, but I love it. I've heard all the exhausts setups either in person or online and I still like my magnaflow. Mine rarely drones and sounds great at WOT. That combo'd with Kooks LTH and your set. All that and it's also inexpensive....can't really go wrong with that IMO.