: Door locks are going nuts...car's possesed...Help!

cadillackid1959
01-04-09, 08:48 AM
Recently, the automatic door locks have decided to work when they feel like it in my '95 FWB. So I'm driving home tonight, put the car in drive and the doors don't lock...I turned on the dome lamp with the headlight switch, and the doors lock. Turn the dome lamp back off, and the doors all unlock, all of this while at speed. All of a sudden, all four doors keep trying to repeatedly lock themselves extremely quickly (probably about five clicks per second). I put the car in park, it kept doing it. Shut the car down, it kept doing it. Started it back up, kept right on doing it. The multifunction key fob wouldn't function at all (lock, unlock, trunk openner). I finally got it to stop by holding the lock side of the driver's door switch. So I get into my driveway, put the car in park and decide to investigate. I pushed the unlock side of the driver's door switch (car still running) and the switches start freaking out again. I shut the car off, and they are still doing it. I turned on the dome lamp again and the clock went out, turned the light back off, clock comes back on for a second. Opened the driver's door and suddenly everything stopped freaking out. The other weird thing that has been happening lately, and I'll bet that it's related, is that while the car is running, opening the passenger side front door doesn't turn the dome lamps on, but they come on if you open the door with the car off, and if you have the door open and the car running (interior lights off), the lights will come on if you shut off the car (while keeping the passenger front door open). The only other issue I've been having is the pass key fault light has been coming on all of the time, but I don't think that this a problem that's related to the door lock problem....Anybody out there have any ideas what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank in advance!

96Fleetwood
01-04-09, 09:54 AM
Try disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes and then reconnect. I had this happen to me when I swapped PCMs and it took care of the issue.

cadillackid1959
01-04-09, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the input, and I'll give it a try, but I'm skeptical because last week I had the battery disconnected to replace the alternator...the problem existed before I disconnected the battery and obviously still after I connected it back up....any other ideas fellas? Thanks!

delzy
01-05-09, 05:22 PM
You've got a poor ground somewhere.

thefleetwoodguy
01-05-09, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=delzy;1726290]You've got a poor ground somewhere.[/QUOT

i agree or a wet relay, door lock relay is behind the drivers side kick panel, Id start there good luck