: They Live!!!

DopeStar 156
01-03-09, 05:31 PM
Went out today and took the machines for a ride to stretch their limbs out. My '89 Fleetwood started right up as expected and is running beautifully but my '76 DeVille has been a rock for the last month and a half due to some sort of electrical gremlin, until now....

I reconnected the battery I took out of the car weeks ago suspecting it was bad only to discover it remained fully charged, even after spending all that time on the concrete garage floor. Hooked it up to the car and saw there was zero power...... odd.... I started jiggling cables and voila, the negative cable has a break in it somewhere by the connection to the terminal. I quick fixed it by tying the cable to one of the radiator hoses to pull it in the direction where it made a good connection and there were the lights. Went for the ignition and after very few cranks my 500 roared to life.

Took both for a spin around the neighborhood and they're back in their spots. All is well with my Fleetwood but my DeVille still has a few issues with water leaking into the car. To protect my seats from any further water damage they're now sporting some very fashionable black garbage bag seat covers until I can fix the leak from the Astroroof. It needs the weather stripping since it's actually missing for some strange reason so I'm gonna try to hit up my upholstry/top guy who also does custom sunrooves and see if he can hook me up with something to put in there.

Still waiting for the spring to roll around so I can start driving them again. I'm gonna get the DeVille registered/insured this year so I can actually drive it somewhere other than my street very carefully.

Anyway felt like updating since I haven't posted in a while. I'm still alive and so are the machines.....

jayoldschool
01-03-09, 06:03 PM
Replace your battery cable. Ten bucks.

Put a tarp over your leaky car. Twenty bucks.

csbuckn
01-03-09, 08:31 PM
peace of mind....priceless

DopeStar 156
01-05-09, 12:49 AM
Wouldn't a tarp trap moisture and rot the car from underneath?

jayoldschool
01-05-09, 06:36 PM
It's not going to be worse than rotting from the inside out!