: New member intro and CTS-V lease question...

Brabus55
01-03-09, 02:23 PM
Hello all!

First off, I hope that this finds everyone well and that you're all having an excellent start for the new year! As the subject header states, I just wanted to take a moment for a brief introduction and hopefully find a few details regarding a lease or maybe even get a few lease examples for an 09 CTS-V.

My name's Matt, and I live near Oxford, which is located in southeastern Pa. I have an 06 Infiniti M45 that's coming off lease in a month and I'm hoping to move into a CTS-V, but I suspect that I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew. I've tried doing a search, but I really wasn't able to find out a whole lot of solid, up-to-date information. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the residual value is (Percentage wise) on a 36 or 48 month lease? What about GMAC's money factors for someone with decent credit (Mid to low 700 range depending upon which bureau)? I have a friend who works for GM who says that he is able to hook me up with GMS pricing, and I am hoping that between that and a good sum of cash down ($10k), I'll be able to get into a CTS-V for under $600 a month. Any information, thoughts and opinions would be sincerely appreceiated!

Best regards,
Matt

Nutz
01-03-09, 03:02 PM
I compared the option of owning verses leasing and found the leasing with ownership at end of term to be almost the same, but slightly more to lease (within 2k). BUT it would be nearly a decade of payments. There are so many factors to figure in though. Go into a dealer and have it figured in front of you on paper, that's the best way to get a straight answer to your question.

Kadonny
01-05-09, 09:08 AM
Hey Matt, nice to meet you. I'm from the Malvern area so we are neighbors.

When I got my V, GMAC was not leasing at all so it was not even an option. I understand however that they have started loaning money again but the days of cheap leasing through GMAC are over. If you want to lease, you are going to have to get into a dealership and see what they offer, if anything. Information right now is very hard to come by regarding financing.

Keep us updated on what you end up doing, I love my car but just wish it was warmer here right now to be able to drive it a bit more.

Bigron
01-05-09, 10:30 AM
Yep GMAC is not offering a lease on the CTS-V right now.
When that changes I'll let you know.