: Looks Like a $3K Price Increase Went Into Effect on CTS-V...

GM-4-LIFE
01-03-09, 02:01 PM
I was looking at Cadillac.com a week or so ago and the CTS-V's standard price was $57K and some change plus options and fees.

Now, I checked Cadillac.com and the price is now starting at over $60K and some change plus options and fees.

I sure am glad I got mine before the price increase of about $3K GM put on the car. I am sure the CTS-Vs built after GM starts building the CTS-Vs again will have that price increase on them so if there are any on the ground that you can get for a good deal, my advice is don't wait! Jump on the ones built BEFORE the price increase.

SG

Florian
01-03-09, 02:08 PM
I was looking at Cadillac.com a week or so ago and the CTS-V's standard price was $57K and some change plus options and fees.

Now, I checked Cadillac.com and the price is now starting at over $60K and some change plus options and fees.

I sure am glad I got mine before the price increase of about $3K GM put on the car. I am sure the CTS-Vs built after GM starts building the CTS-Vs again will have that price increase on them so if there are any on the ground that you can get for a good deal, my advice is don't wait! Jump on the ones built BEFORE the price increase.

SG

If you have a good relationship with your dealer, the 3K wont even come into play.

F

GM-4-LIFE
01-03-09, 02:10 PM
If you have a good relationship with your dealer, the 3K wont even come into play.

F

Ok...

SG

Florian
01-03-09, 02:16 PM
just sayin....(where's Tony?)

F

Cadillac Tony
01-03-09, 02:43 PM
The web site was corrected to include DFC and Gas Guzzler Tax. The base price of the units on the ground now is $57,920. Add $775 DFC and $1,300 gas tax, and you get the formerly advertised "base" price of $59,995. A price increase went into effect on models build after December 22, raising the base MSRP to $58,280. Add $775 DFC and $1,300 gas tax, and your "base" MSRP is now $60,335.

So the price increase was $340. Dealer invoice was also raised, so it's not like we're making the extra $340. This happens all the time throughout the course of a model year due to changes in the cost of supplies to build the cars. It will continue, and when you consider the fact that the base price of the V6 CTS has crept up almost $3,000 since launch of the '08 model, AERO1 is right that the MSRP will never be lower than those on the ground now.

Jpjr
01-03-09, 03:13 PM
Seems right that price would float with cost since the goal is profit.

The one thing I hope changes soon is financing and leasing. I looked at a loaded base CTS (45k ish) one day when I was at the dealer and curious, and the lease payment had jumped $200 from when my brother got one a few months earlier. My point is that although a lot of people pay cash for high end cars, those of us that finance should hopefully find the V2 *more affordable* even as the price creeps up.

Luna.
01-03-09, 03:28 PM
Well, moves like this suggest that the V will holds its value pretty good.

Buyers are the ones who want the price to significantly fall, but the problem with that is that, if such continues, when such buyer actually purchase the car, he will probably experience a significantl decrease in value as well.

I don't mind the price increase at all.

the cadillac kid
01-03-09, 03:33 PM
$300 =/= $3,000

b4z
01-03-09, 07:53 PM
$300 price increase is normal espeically when you consider the '09s have been in production since June.(i know the Vs haven't)
I just hope GM doesn't go back on the price increase bandwagon like they did from '01 until 2006 when they finally enacted "value pricing. they lowered MSRPs in some case as much as $3K(caddy SRX), however they did not lower invoices by a like amount and this has cut into dealer profit.
In 2005 alone GM enacted 17 different price increases.
The '01-06 price increases were absolutely ridiculous and were met by equal incentive increases, only problem was GM cars didn't show up in buyer's internet searches due to their high MSRPs.
Please GM don't ever do that crap again. It was one of the main reasons you had to offer so many incentives and seriously hurt resale.

jjsC6
01-04-09, 11:05 AM
Well, moves like this suggest that the V will holds its value pretty good.

Buyers are the ones who want the price to significantly fall, but the problem with that is that, if such continues, when such buyer actually purchase the car, he will probably experience a significantl decrease in value as well.

I don't mind the price increase at all.

The car has literally only been out for a few weeks, and dealers are already offering GMS and Supplier pricing. Is that your idea of "hold's it's value pretty good"?

CASEY122457
01-04-09, 12:07 PM
+1. This car will not hold its value when it is being discounted like this so soon.

The Tony Show
01-04-09, 12:15 PM
Cars like M5s and E63s are also being discounted right now, and used ones are bringing 50% of their original value at two years old. In case you hadn't noticed, the car market is slightly depressed right now.

Dealer level discounts have no effect on resale- it's factory incentives, of which there are none on the V.

caddiedrummer
01-04-09, 12:26 PM
Having owned an XLR-V ($100k list) and M5 recently, I can tell you this is a ridiculous amount of car for the money. Although I would never ask someone how much they paid for something, I have had several people ask me what I paid for the CTS-V and when I tell them it is a mid $60s car, they are surrpised.

Having said all that its value will drop like a rock like every other car I have bought (except my kids' Hondas)