: Bolt Pattern Fitment

Lo-C
01-02-09, 07:41 PM
Can a wheel with a bolt pattern of 5x114 be made to fit the Catera? Could I bore it out a bit to fit? Is it possible to take the wheels to a local machine shop to redrill them?

AHazzardToAll
01-05-09, 12:39 AM
idk about a 5x114 but you could diffidently try a 5x112 off an audi or mercedes..... i'm sure you know the cat is 5x110, so 114's a stretch....

JRomano
01-05-09, 01:21 AM
idk about a 5x114 but you could diffidently try a 5x112 off an audi or mercedes..... i'm sure you know the cat is 5x110, so 114's a stretch....

Agreed, from my VW/Audi days we use these to get 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3618449
allows for 2.4mm PCD variance
Anything more and you need Spacer Adapters or have a very experienced wheel machine shop weld/fill and redrill, a place like Wheels America would probably do that but the cost would probably make it worth it to just find wheels that fit to begin with.

CateraMV6
01-05-09, 10:26 AM
5x110 is the correct pattern, you can get wheels from Pontiac G6, Saturn Aura/Astra, Chevy HHR, Cobalt SS, Malibu 06-up, and Saabs... 9-3 and 9-5, otherwise you can get a set of spacers that will bolt on to the hubs and have a different bolt pattern but the problem with that is, a few thousands of an inch offset on the hub will result in terrible vibrations throughout the body of the car so I would not recommend anything of that nature...

The rim is also supposed to center around the centering ring... as that takes the impact load when you hit a pothole...
The bolts alone cant handle the stresses, thats why those stupid wheel spacers dont ever work... and I have seen bolts compleetly sheared off when that method of fitment was used...

Otherwise you can also get these offset wobble bolts that they sell... and you can bolt on different wheels but again the fact that the bolts no longer center the wheel on the hub means more vibrations... so if you drive around town you will be fine but if you travel at speeds above 50mph... you will quickly learn what I am talking about...

Good luck... post some pics when you get the wheels you were looking for...

CateraMV6

Lo-C
01-08-09, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the replies. There's not much of a selection of wheels in 5x110 but there's lots for 5x114. I'm mainly looking on ebay and kijiji. I plan on getting 20's in the spring.