: no interior/courtesy lights

gmp428
01-01-09, 06:23 PM
i have a 1992 brougham and the interior lights do not work. i have a service manual and have located the wiring diagrams and am a bit confused because if im reading the diagram correctly there would have to be multiple breaks in the wiring for the entire system to go out. the sun visor lights work, and the rear map lights work but have to be turned on manually. nothing happens when i open a door, or press the door open button from the outside. :confused:

sven914
01-01-09, 11:59 PM
I have an 89 Brougham, Cadillac factory service manual. The wiring my be different, especially since you may have a few added luxuries, but my book has a problem tree that explains your specific concern. It says that if the courtesy lights do not come on after the door handle switch is pushed or after the doors have been opened, check the "ORN wires 40/340 and WHT wire 156, and all Door Jamb Switches for opens." Incase your diagram has different number and color codes, on my diagram, ORN 40 comes down from the Body Fuse, through S394 & S301, and into the LH Front Door Courtesy Light. WHT 156 comes out of the LH Front Courtesy Light and connects to the Illuminated Entry Timer, Audio Alarm Module, LH Front Door Jamb Switch, and the Light Switch. Good Luck!

csbuckn
01-02-09, 12:54 AM
I had the same problem and it was the Illuminated entry timer. Its really easy to fix though, its under the dash to the right of the column and it should be light green. I think it just pulls out or something like that