: Want to buy northstar coils...

96z
06-27-04, 09:29 PM
I wasnt sure where to put this post so I put it here. Moderators please move it as needed.

I need to buy a set of coils and the ignition module from a Northstar. Does anyone have a set for sale?

cadillacstars
06-28-04, 01:01 AM
look around on ebay. coils for the star are the same as almost all other GM's V-6's, and 4-cyls. the modules are hard to find but the coil packs are readily available. If you do not find any soon e-mail me i think I've got 6 or 8 laying around (coil packs).

96z
06-28-04, 11:50 AM
Ok, Ill take a look and see what comes up. If I dont find anything Ill be contacting you. I need to get her back on the road!:)

96z
07-01-04, 01:00 AM
I tried emailing you but the board wouldnt let me get your address. :hmm:

anggarci
07-01-04, 02:34 AM
I have a 96 Sedan Deville and I bought a Ignition Control Module (ICM) from Auto Zone for $229.00 which came with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. You can also purchase them from junk yards. That's how I would go next time around, most cars at JY's are there because of collision not electrical issues and most would take the part back or give some type of warranty, i.e (30 day), at least in AZ they do.:D

Dragin
06-11-09, 08:42 AM
96z, I have a full set of ignition coils from an 04 SRX, 4.6 Northstar that has been replaced, email me if you are still looking for coils.

Rolex
06-11-09, 09:50 AM
There's no right place for "want adds" here. If you decide to buy things from people who aren't supporting members or vendors on this forum it's caveat emptor. You're on your own in terms of protecting yourself. Best of luck.