: Dead battery = ECU reset?

wildwhl
06-27-04, 07:32 PM
Last week has the battery drain completely dead in my V (I know why, my bad). She sat for a day or two until I had time to charge her up and check it out. Once she was charged I took her for a drive, and maybe it was just because I didn't drive her for a couple days, or maybe something is different - but she feels SOOOO much more powerful.

Does the ECU learn and reset in this vehicle? I've heard/read about driver abuse logging...is this vehicle programmed with such knowledge? Anyone out there know?

Bill

Cal
06-27-04, 07:58 PM
They claim the cpu learns your driving style, maybe you were granny'ing the thing before.

I am not sure about onboard BIOS or anything of that nature, I can't imagine disconnecting the battery would totally kill all ECU settings, that'd make it hard to ever have the car worked on.

StealthV
06-27-04, 08:47 PM
Most likely caused by your LTFT's (Long Term Fuel Trims) being reset to zero with the loss of battery power. Most cars will have positive LTFT's which means the car is running on a rich Air:Fuel ratio. Resetting the PCM sets the LTFT's back to zero, leaning out the A:F ratio; hence more buttometer power.

Dreamin
06-28-04, 01:54 AM
:yeah: ...most likely that's it.

Or the ECU was running the lower octane tables... in nevada do you get the same crap 91 octane gas we get in Calif? or can you get 93 octane?

BigKat
06-29-04, 02:09 PM
Left my V for four days and returned to a dead battery. Dealer replaced the alternator two weeks earlier.
I also feel that the car is much faster after the first thousand miles, somethings changed.
:bouncy: I had two professional racing drivers put my car thru its paces and both said the same thing, "outstanding"! They gave rave reviews for quickness, handling, comfort and good looks. They both know Mallet and commented that they can see why he's so high on this car.

rabid
06-30-04, 08:20 AM
Last week has the battery drain completely dead in my V (I know why, my bad). She sat for a day or two until I had time to charge her up and check it out. Once she was charged I took her for a drive, and maybe it was just because I didn't drive her for a couple days, or maybe something is different - but she feels SOOOO much more powerful.

Does the ECU learn and reset in this vehicle? I've heard/read about driver abuse logging...is this vehicle programmed with such knowledge? Anyone out there know?

Bill
Does any of your personalization features reset/erase when you do this (radio control, nav locations, etc.)?

Thanks.