: Vee g's

lasstss
06-27-04, 06:13 PM
I ran on the Jefferson circuit today at Summit Point WV with the V. Just a few hot laps. No problem with oil temp. It never moved. Pulled some nice g's though

soon to V
06-27-04, 11:33 PM
What was the occasion?

StealthV
06-28-04, 12:24 AM
Only 0.93 g's so far running some twisty roads just NW of my house. 0.93 g's (http://www.nitro-nights.com/2005v/efilive_ctsv_dash.jpg)

Tell us more about those little blue marker lights! :bouncy: Have you swapped out the high-beam bulbs also?

DgtalPimp
06-28-04, 12:55 AM
I ran on the Jefferson circuit today at Summit Point WV with the V. Just a few hot laps. No problem with oil temp. It never moved. Pulled some nice g's though
Bulb swap info? Part number, price, location? I hate the stock yellow bulbs.

Dgtal

lasstss
06-28-04, 11:57 AM
I still belong to the local impala SS club. The SCCA was running a few races yesterday and we were allowed to do some "parade" laps behind the pace car.
We did about 10 laps. Well as things go large gaps in the group were produced. I was at the end of the line along with a C-5 vette. (nonZ06). This gave plenty of opportunity to let the V stretch its legs. All I can say is that this car can 'hang' with the best. I ran flat out thru a few long sweeping turns coming out of 4th gear into fifth. This is where I pulled the 1.05 g's. The stibilitrac kicked in twice and snapped the car straight! The tires stuck like glue. I was pretty much able to run up the vetts butt at will. What I did notice was that I could outbrake the vette. The brakes are phenominal! I was doing 120 on the stretch and it roared downto 30 before the bend.My biggest problem was getting the gear selection right.. A bit of understeer at these speeds but not much. I did get a chirp out of fith on a 6500rpm shift. All this with a 220 lb passenger.

Bulb.
All I did was install blue coated marker bulbs in place of the clears. Its a standard gm glass marker bulb with no metal base. A major bitch to change. You have to remove all of the plastic under the car to access. The there is a plastic cap about 3.5" in diameter. You have to unscrew it as all of this is housed in a plastic box.

I havent done the high beam but I will. They appear to be low watt (yellowish) I will probably go to a whiter 80 watt at some point.

DgtalPimp
06-28-04, 12:05 PM
Bulb.
All I did was install blue coated marker bulbs in place of the clears. Its a standard gm glass marker bulb with no metal base. A major bitch to change. You have to remove all of the plastic under the car to access. The there is a plastic cap about 3.5" in diameter. You have to unscrew it as all of this is housed in a plastic box.

I havent done the high beam but I will. They appear to be low watt (yellowish) I will probably go to a whiter 80 watt at some point.
When you do the rest of your bulb change, please post pics and info. Night time and day time pics would be nice. :D

Dgtal