: What's the Best out the door price that has been gotten on an 09 CTS-V?

FreddyG
12-31-08, 02:51 AM
I'm Just curious! Please post whether you got it with GM Employee, Supplier, Rebate, etc.

Could you also Please post the dealership too?

Thanks Guys! :cheers:

Kadonny
12-31-08, 10:17 AM
I got employee pricing plus 3.5k in rebate. Dealership in PA. I think i got that price because this is my third car I bought from them....maybe soon to be a fourth added too as my wife really wants an SRX.

IRONDOG
12-31-08, 10:55 AM
I got employee pricing plus 3.5k in rebate. Dealership in PA. I think i got that price because this is my third car I bought from them....maybe soon to be a fourth added too as my wife really wants an SRX.

What's the name of the Dealership? Thanks.

CadV
12-31-08, 01:51 PM

No way you got 3.5k off on top of GMS.

They prolly fudged some numbers to make you think they were giving you something.

What was the total number you financed excluding money down, rebates, and if you were upside down on your other car?

Kadonny
12-31-08, 03:10 PM
No fudging, no trade in, it was a straight up deal. The GMS was easy, then I got the 2k rebate that GM did have until Dec 17th, the 1.5 additional was sucked up by the dealer since they originally told me I was eligible for the 4k lease to buy incentive, but they soon found out that was not available on the CTS-V. The 1.5 was a pure good measure on their part.

I financed 54 and put down 3.2 (rough numbers). The tax was basically the 3.2 down (6% tax here in PA). Total outlay was 57.2.

I got a hell of a deal.

jimbo1320
12-31-08, 03:34 PM
Great deal! Hope to do well myself. I'm looking to get 3k off list plus other stuf. Time will tell.

CadV
12-31-08, 06:34 PM
No fudging, no trade in, it was a straight up deal. The GMS was easy, then I got the 2k rebate that GM did have until Dec 17th, the 1.5 additional was sucked up by the dealer since they originally told me I was eligible for the 4k lease to buy incentive, but they soon found out that was not available on the CTS-V. The 1.5 was a pure good measure on their part.

I financed 54 and put down 3.2 (rough numbers). The tax was basically the 3.2 down (6% tax here in PA). Total outlay was 57.2.

I got a hell of a deal.

So the dealer gave you GMS, which should been 58,232 (For your options), and correct me if I am wrong you don't have a family member that works for GM? Then they give you another 3,500 off putting the price at 54,738. That means GM lost money or the dealer ate it. Sorry man I am calling bullshit or you dealt with the most ignorant dealership in the history of dealerships. If it is the later good job and I need their number for my next car!

It's just a little fishy considering you didn't know what GMS was in another thread.

Luna.
12-31-08, 09:52 PM
So the dealer gave you GMS, which should been 58,232 (For your options), and correct me if I am wrong you don't have a family member that works for GM? Then they give you another 3,500 off putting the price at 54,738. That means GM lost money or the dealer ate it. Sorry man I am calling bullshit or you dealt with the most ignorant dealership in the history of dealerships. If it is the later good job and I need their number for my next car!

It's just a little fishy considering you didn't know what GMS was in another thread.

:yeah:

I'd like their number as well. I'll gladly drive back to CA at a price anywhere NEAR GMS, to say nothing about getting a discount on top of that...

MReiland
12-31-08, 09:53 PM

You don't need to work or have a family member work at GM to get GMS. I have given out a ton of GMS codes each time we have the "Employee Discount for Friends" promotion on (Right now until Jan 5th) My guess is it will happen again soon after the Jan 5th expiration. Almost always the current promotions are also applied after GMS so it is very possible that the deal he states is for real.

FreddyG
01-01-09, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the info Guys! :cheers:

concorso
01-01-09, 02:27 PM
have you guys considered trying to bring one in from the great white north? With the $ difference, the V2 is considerably cheaper in Canada.

Heavychevy1
01-01-09, 02:47 PM
Good idea, I wonder what the export fees would be.

BigFred
01-01-09, 03:54 PM
There is hope!

CadV
01-01-09, 03:55 PM
You don't need to work or have a family member work at GM to get GMS. I have given out a ton of GMS codes each time we have the "Employee Discount for Friends" promotion on (Right now until Jan 5th) My guess is it will happen again soon after the Jan 5th expiration. Almost always the current promotions are also applied after GMS so it is very possible that the deal he states is for real.

I understand it is not hard to get GMS but $3,500 on top of GMS means GM lost money. In another thread he asked the difference between GMS and supplier pricing:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/156343-supplier-pricing.html#post1710513

It's cool if he got that deal but I just don't buy it. My dealership tried to push the 2k rebate on top of GMS and GMAC came back with GMS is as low as we go. Some people may of got the 2k rebate and GMS but I bet the dealership had to eat it.

TheGeeman
01-01-09, 06:26 PM
I got GMS and $2,000 rebate from the dealer in Springfield, MO on 3 Dec-08. They did charge a small processing fee. We qualify for family member GMS. They now have a Red CTS-V, Auto, RACORS they will sell at GMS to qualified buyer. Don't know about rebates.

G.

MReiland
01-01-09, 08:01 PM
I understand it is not hard to get GMS but $3,500 on top of GMS means GM lost money. In another thread he asked the difference between GMS and supplier pricing:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/156343-supplier-pricing.html#post1710513

It's cool if he got that deal but I just don't buy it. My dealership tried to push the 2k rebate on top of GMS and GMAC came back with GMS is as low as we go. Some people may of got the 2k rebate and GMS but I bet the dealership had to eat it.

I guess I don't buy that GM lost money on the sale. I just got $4700 off GMS on my wifes 2008 Outlook XR 2 weeks ago. On the last 7 vehicles I have purchased I always have received current incentives on top of GMS. Who knows, if I go into 10 dealerships and see what the best prices are and what incentives apply, I would probably get 11 different answers :rolleyes:. I still have people calling me telling me the dealership told them that GMAC won't accept GMS on the V's!!?

I say get the best deal you can, because it is your money. I am happy that the people here still believe in GM and the new fantastic products that we have coming out.

Matt

Kadonny
01-01-09, 08:55 PM

Cadv, you don't have to believe me, that's your option. You can ask Florian or CIWS or any long time forum member to vouch for my integrity. I've been posting here for about 3 to 4 years and I don't bullshit.

If you look at the date I posted about know knowing what "GMS" meant, you will notice it was the day BEFORE I signed my deal. I just wanted to know what the lingo meant and I wanted to know what the difference between GMS (employee pricing as the dealer called it) and supplier pricing before I went to the dealer the next day.

I was applying massive pressure to the dealer because I wanted to lease and they had NO leasing programs available that were even somewhat competitive. So they knew if I was to get the car, that they had to have a great deal. Believe it or not (once again you can call bullshit) I walked out the 17th with the employee pricing (GMS), the 2k GM rebate, the 1.5 dealer incentive rebate AND the 4k lease to buy incentive from GM. I was getting a 65k car for 50k. That afternoon (went in at lunch) they called back and said that the 4k lease to buy was not eligible on the CTS-V and the 1.5k dealer incentive was also not available on the CTS-V. They did say however they could absorb the 1.5k incentive but that the 4k lease to buy would have to be abosorbed by me. They knew they screwed up and if I pushed them that they would have had to sell me the car at the 50k price since that is what we laid out on paper that day. This was however my third car from them and I did not want to have them eat it since I plan on buying from them again in the future. My philosophy has always been be fair to me, and I'll be fair to them.

So that's how I got the deal. I had to sign a certificate for the friends pogram to get the program pricing and the rest is history. The dealership does not lose on employee pricing, GM was offering the 2k rebate until the 17th, so the only money I got that is not documented is the 1.5k. How did they do it? I don't know, that was the deal they presented to me and I took it. Remember that I originally thought I was getting it for 50k and I had to go up to 54k after the lease to buy rebate fell through. Big diffrerence.

So that's the story, again believe it or not. I could scan the contract, but I don't really think I want to do that on a public forum.

Heavychevy1
01-01-09, 10:18 PM
Scan it and email it to Mike or someone else who is a reputable member.

FWIW I dont doubt you, but I also don't know any better.

concorso
01-01-09, 11:39 PM
Good idea, I wonder what the export fees would be.I have no idea...generally a move like this isn't available. The only reason this is possible is because CAdillac pricedd the car so low in Canada. The Canadian$ is back to its old self compared to the American$, but Cadillac set the cost of the V2 about 7 grand cheaper then the V1. The V1 was going for 75k+ iirc. A fully loaded V2 in Canada, now, is going for about the same price as a base V2 in the US when you include the exchange...

Its funny how this is the opposite of the V1 situatio. At that time, it was more beneficial for Canadians to buy a V1 in the US. You could save about 10g's including taxes and exchange.

concorso
01-01-09, 11:41 PM
...GMS pricing or not...you didn't get the velvety wheel? :)

Kadonny
01-02-09, 09:39 AM
^^^^^^ Well, that's true.

Cadillac Tony
01-02-09, 10:20 AM
Kadonny's a stand up guy who's been posting here for years. If he says he got the deal, he got it.

You won't see anyone else getting a deal like this for a long time either, since it was the perfect storm of mistakes and goof-ups that got it for him, but he was simply in the right place at the right time.

Kadonny
01-02-09, 10:21 AM
Ok, I was able to scan and white out all the information that is private...but here it is.

http://www.geocities.com/kldonny/contract2.jpg

james4513
01-02-09, 10:32 AM
Congrats on your deal - you are certainly a skillful deal maker. Can you tell us the MSRP on your car?

Thanks - James

Kadonny
01-02-09, 10:52 AM
Thank you, but I really didn't do much. They spearheaded the negotiations since the car was ordered and sold but the guy backed out. I was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

MSRP was 65 and change.

CadV
01-02-09, 11:35 AM
I apologize for questioning you very nice job getting that deal. So back to the original OP Kadonny got the best deal LOL!

Kadonny
01-02-09, 11:46 AM
No need to aplogize, I just wanted to prove I was not bs'ing. I'm not sure how long I'll leave that sales receipt up on the web, it sort of freaks me a bit.

Luna.
01-02-09, 01:07 PM
That doesn't prove anything. Clearly, Kadonny manufactured that contract!!!

(Okay, I can barely type that in without laughing...)

You suck!! :D

On a more serious note, well done & I hope you enjoy your new V!

Jayrcr3
01-02-09, 07:17 PM
Quite frankly it was none of our gd business what he paid for it!

darjae
01-03-09, 12:41 AM
Quite frankly it was none of our gd business what he paid for it!

So.....if someone pays less, that makes it a better car? or faster? I'm happy with my V regardless of my payments....

1fstkde
01-03-09, 04:00 AM
Ok, I was able to scan and white out all the information that is private...but here it is.

http://www.geocities.com/kldonny/contract2.jpg
nice!!!!!!!!!:worship:

IRONDOG
01-03-09, 10:34 AM
Congratulations, Kardonny!