: Northstar 6 Speed Manual

Edahall
12-30-08, 02:14 PM
Interesting site that shows how to mate a 6 speed manual to our Northstar engine:

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086234.html

STSj90
12-30-08, 08:41 PM
This would be badass. in my car. lol I WOULD LOVE IT! Is it posible to do on my car i wonder? You would have to do cutting and other stuff for the clutch peddle and such. Me and my brother have been wanting to do this on a caddy with the N* (eldo or STS) and have been talking about it for a pretty long while.

EDIT: Checking out the link you posted now.

CadillacSTS42005
12-30-08, 09:13 PM
if you had a pre 96 car
ie obd1
ill bet you could do it pretty easily

tobygaff
12-31-08, 12:33 PM
I am actually putting one of these together right now. The great thing is that the transmission is cheap. I bought mine brand new for $350. There are some additional parts that add to the price... clutch flywheel combo, and intermediate shaft and bearings, etc... but still a pretty cool setup.

Edahall
12-31-08, 12:41 PM
I am actually putting one of these together right now. The great thing is that the transmission is cheap. I bought mine brand new for $350. There are some additional parts that add to the price... clutch flywheel combo, and intermediate shaft and bearings, etc... but still a pretty cool setup.

Awesome....

What are you using for the clutch and flywheel? (Ford Ranger 3.0)
And what are you using for the axles? (Cobalt SS)

I posted this link to get ideas so I can put this transmission in my 93 Allante with the Northstar or my 87 Allante with the 4.1 engine. Anyways, I hope you can share the details.

tobygaff
12-31-08, 01:04 PM
For the clutch flywheel combination, you can get a Spec 2+ clutch plus billet flywheel and all of the bolts and alignment tool from Spec clutches for just shy of $700. I am doing that since the Northstar will be putting out some fairly good power. I think that I will have to have custom axles made for the application that I am doing. I have not gotten to that point yet.