: What's the Worst Movie You've Seen?

billc83
12-29-08, 07:44 PM
Today's question was partially inspired by The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor which was quite bad. Certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen, but bad nonetheless.

Figured the responses could be interesting, so here goes: What is the worst movie you have seen?

I might as well kick it off with 1991's Nothing But Trouble. I figured a comedy movie with Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, Demi Moore and John Candy couldn't be too bad. Everything goes downhill pretty quickly. And when I though it could get no worse, it managed. Only two laughs the entire movie. It really was terrible.

On the plus side, rap group Digital Underground had a cameo. Don't ask.

LS1Mike
12-29-08, 08:00 PM
Crash Dive 1997 version.

thebigjimsho
12-29-08, 08:00 PM
Today's question was partially inspired by The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor which was quite bad. Certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen, but bad nonetheless.

Figured the responses could be interesting, so here goes: What is the worst movie you have seen?

I might as well kick it off with 1991's Nothing But Trouble. I figured a comedy movie with Chevy Chase, Dan Ackroyd, Demi Moore and John Candy couldn't be too bad. Everything goes downhill pretty quickly. And when I though it could get no worse, it managed. Only two laughs the entire movie. It really was terrible.

On the plus side, rap group Digital Underground had a cameo. Don't ask.eNWU23LT4Ac

gary88
12-29-08, 08:16 PM
I watched War Inc. a couple weeks ago and it sucked pretty bad. Only good thing about that movie was Hillary Duff was hawt in it.

dkozloski
12-29-08, 08:25 PM
"Out of Africa". I got up and walked out.

Spittin Game
12-29-08, 08:48 PM
Mystery Men, hands down the dumbest most unfunny movie Ive EVER seen!!!

orconn
12-29-08, 08:54 PM
There are so many contenders in this category. It's hard to zero in on one!

Anything with Kevin Costner in it would definitely be in the running. "Dances With Wolves" aka "Sleeps with Injuns" would definitely be a contender, but is it the worst of Costners films? It's hard to say!

I agree with dkoz about "Out of Africa" even its very good photography couldn't help this "sappy" soap opera about the over priviledged, under IQed of European residents of Colonial East Africa.

In the most highly over rated, poorest "classic" category "MASH" has to be right up there. I was really embarassed having rented this film so my teenage son could see it only to realize how bad it really was!

I am sure I will think of some more.

Ah, ha! "Stroker Ace" with Burt Reynolds and Lonnie Anderson, produced by my good friend Walter Wood crawls out of the bin of really bad movies and into view!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-29-08, 08:55 PM
Off the top of my head, probably Mad Max: Thunderdome. My friend, who's a Mad Max nut, couldn't stand it.

orconn
12-29-08, 09:00 PM
Actually "Water World" was even worse than any of Costner's other films, so that movie goes to the head of pack in my list of really bad films.

Brett
12-29-08, 09:21 PM

I clicked on this thread specifically to throw this in for consideration, but you beat me to it on the first post :)....worst movie ever, no doubt

Rolex
12-29-08, 09:27 PM
sqS83f-NUww

"A.I. His love is real, but the movie will bore you to freakin tears." Just when you think it's finally going to end, Stephen King adds aliens and another hour and a half to the crappiest movie EVAR. :ack:

thebigjimsho
12-29-08, 09:42 PM
Mystery Men, hands down the dumbest most unfunny movie Ive EVER seen!!!Must be your sense of humor. I like that movie...

Spittin Game
12-29-08, 11:01 PM
Must be your sense of humor. I like that movie...

I have the movie here unopened, I saw it once and it was terrible, I dont know how I ended up with the DVD. Wanna buy it? :D

gdwriter
12-29-08, 11:03 PM
Armageddon, the most relentlessly stupid movie I've ever seen. Every time I thought it couldn't get more stupid, it did.

Po Pimp
12-29-08, 11:13 PM
The worst movie I have ever seen would have to be Frankenhooker. As you can imagine by the title I was not expecting much. I must say it was almost so bad it was good. Almost.

I recently discovered that I had an old copy of Killer Klowns from outer space when movie some furniture. Man that movie sucked. I wished I would have never watched it again because it use to still be cool in my mind.....not any more.

I agree with orconn Kevin Costner's worst work was Water World in my opinion. Followed up by his second worst move The Postmen (I think that was the name).

thebigjimsho
12-29-08, 11:20 PM
Usually, around Christmas-time, me and my brother and friends get together for bad movie night. We have dinner and then watch bad movies throughout the night until we all pass out. Movies like The Transporter, Hercules in New York, Jersey Girl...

Eld01
12-29-08, 11:44 PM
"Skeeters". It was so bad I've just broken a solem promise to a former roommate to never tell anyone we watched it, all of it. Please don't pass this on.

orconn
12-29-08, 11:46 PM
In an attempt to jog my memory, I opened the drawer containing a bunch of old and forgotten videos, I mean old as in video tapes left over from my son's teen years (he just turned thirty). We didn't buy alot of tapes in those days because he had a part time job at a video rental store and part of the perks of the job was to get three films free per day worked.

Among this hord of ancient Hollywood gar-bahge was a film I had entirely forgotten "Nightmare at Christmas" an animated flick of unerring "badness." Along with this baddy was a copy of "Frankenweenie" which in comparison to Nightmare was a true work of art!

The Tony Show
12-29-08, 11:48 PM
The movies mentioned so far don't even begin to suck. Try making it all the way through Manos: The hands of fate, Mindwarp or Willard.

Those movies bring the pain.

Aron9000
12-30-08, 12:12 AM
Star Wars Episode I- yes a bad movie, but only if you've seen the orginal ones.

tman2093
12-30-08, 12:15 AM
High. School. Musical.

Fail.

Aron9000
12-30-08, 12:17 AM
Star Wars Episode I

Also, Story of Ricky. So bad, its hilarious
YouTube - Story Of Ricky - Crush my Battle Opponents Balls

93DevilleUSMC
12-30-08, 01:06 AM
Highlander II: the Quickening. The first movie and the TV series were excellent. The movie sequels were a train wreck.

Red_October_7000
12-30-08, 01:18 AM
My cousin used to be the head of the A/V department in a large metropolitan library. I used to get regular boxes of cast-off tapes, DVDs, and screeners. Among some gems were also some things that were quite shockingly bad -"Velvet Smooth" comes to mind as a truly terrible "Shaft" rip-off, but I could go on in this category thanks to those shipments.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-30-08, 02:32 AM
I think that of the three Star Wars prequels, Episode I is the best. The acting in the third one was downright awful.

Worst movie I can think of besides that is Fred Claus. Got it from RedBox a few weeks ago and it sucked royally.

Aron9000
12-30-08, 03:49 AM
I think that of the three Star Wars prequels, Episode I is the best. The acting in the third one was downright awful.

Worst movie I can think of besides that is Fred Claus. Got it from RedBox a few weeks ago and it sucked royally.

^Really????

I thought the acting in the 3rd one was the best . . . Hayden Christiensen was much better than in Episode II, and Ian McDiarmid portraying the Emperor is in my top 10 favorite performances in all of film(he played the Emperor/Palpatine in every star wars movie)

I'd even rate Revenge of the Sith better than Return of the Jedi.

Cliff8928
12-30-08, 04:02 AM
By far it was "The Blair Witch Project". I may have seen plenty of other bad movies, but none of those caused nausea.

BacDoc
12-30-08, 08:40 AM
Super Bad

Only movie I have ever walked out of.

Coma
12-30-08, 10:29 AM
Among this hord of ancient Hollywood gar-bahge was a film I had entirely forgotten "Nightmare at Christmas" an animated flick of unerring "badness."

If you are referring to Tim Burton's 1993 movie The Nightmare Before Christmas, then you have lost a lot of respect from me. That movie was very good. Story, music, visuals. Sure, it only had a 76 minute run time, but the animation was very cool. I hope you are talking about another movie.

"G$"
12-30-08, 11:37 AM
I thought Superbad was funny. Very low brow humor, but funny nonetheless.

The first movie that popped into my head was "Hitch." Someone at work recommended it and I could not stand the poor acting & poor execution. Truly and awful attempt at a movie. I'm sure there are worse films but I wanted to take the chance to sh1t on Hitch.

CIWS
12-30-08, 11:47 AM
Not the worst, but a bad one.

The Thin Red Line - Serious movie, serious actors, and seriously sucked.

Meet the Spartans - tops the list for something I've seen in the last few years.

Albertan
12-30-08, 03:27 PM
For really bad movies look up anything by Ed Wood. He was so bad they even made a movie about him as a director! My favorite was "Glen or Glenda" a 50's movie about a guy dressing as a woman complete with 5 o'clock shadow!
Then of course there was his "Plan 9 from outer space" These are truly legendary for their complete cheesiness.

nickc50310
12-30-08, 05:23 PM

On the plus side, rap group Digital Underground had a cameo. Don't ask.

You are trippin buddy! I love that movie! Loved it as a kid. Seeing Tupac from like 1991 is cool. I mean the flick isnt top notch high quality poo poo but I still enjoy it! Havent seen it in years though.

eNWU23LT4Ac

AHAHAHAH! Sadly I watche dthat whole thing.

Super Bad

Only movie I have ever walked out of.

Youre trippin too! AWESOME movie. I was dating this chick and took her to it. She hated it so I wrote her off as weird. She was a little different but nice. Kind of a square though. You a square man? :D

If you are referring to Tim Burton's 1993 movie The Nightmare Before Christmas, then you have lost a lot of respect from me. That movie was very good. Story, music, visuals. Sure, it only had a 76 minute run time, but the animation was very cool. I hope you are talking about another movie.

I could make a movie with poop and a harmonica and it would be better! Hated that movie since I was a kid! :D

Now, worst movie for me? HAIRSPRAY!!!!!!! My GF absolutely loves this movie so i told her I would watch it with her. Oh man that shit was aweful! Hopefully she never sees this posting! haha! She knows I didnt like it though because i will occasionally make jokes about it. I love her though and she watches football with me so suffering for 2 hours was worth it to make her happy. :yup:

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-30-08, 06:38 PM
Streetfighter.

Po Pimp
12-30-08, 06:52 PM
Streetfighter.

Like the video game? They made a movie about that? If so I can definately see how that could suck.

93DevilleUSMC
12-30-08, 07:52 PM
For really bad movies look up anything by Ed Wood. He was so bad they even made a movie about him as a director! My favorite was "Glen or Glenda" a 50's movie about a guy dressing as a woman complete with 5 o'clock shadow!
Then of course there was his "Plan 9 from outer space" These are truly legendary for their complete cheesiness.

I googled them both. :ack:

YouTube - Criswell Predicts : Plan 9 From Outer Space Intro

billc83
12-30-08, 08:01 PM
Oh, Ed Wood...truly a case of aspirations exceeding abilities. Ironically, the semi-biographical movie about him was pretty good (and directed by Tim Burton).

orconn
12-30-08, 08:12 PM

I believe Albertran may have the winning entry ........ not only "the" worst movie, but also for the maker of the most consistently awful flicks of his era. Ed Wood (not to be confused with my friend Walter Wood, producer of "Stroker Ace") is the hands down winner in the category of "worst movie."

As for Tim Burton's "Nightmare Before Christmas," some may call it an aquired taste (my son for instance), others like myself prefer their deviance in the form of "Frankenweenie" ; i.e. if nothing else it used a English Bull Terrier in a starring role.

JoCan
12-30-08, 11:28 PM
I am Legend

FIVEOH!!!
12-30-08, 11:59 PM
Blairwitch Project - Cloverfield almost made me throw stuff at my TV.

thebigjimsho
12-31-08, 02:52 AM
AHAHAHAH! Sadly I watche dthat whole thing.

Sadly? Digital Underground was the pimp! Tupac was just a bit part in the early days...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-31-08, 04:10 AM
I am Legend

Really? I don't even normally like those types of movies (suspense/zombies) and I LOVED it. There are movies I watch just to relax and watch a movie and then there are movies that I watch because I am a fan of great cinematography and acting. This one was of the latter. My favorite movie of all time is The Illusionist (2006). Paul Giamati was fantastic in it. Running up a close second is The Butterfly Effect (2004).

Also, to those of you who hated Superbad, I am in the same boat as you. Everyone thinks its so hilarious but I think it was just stupid. I wanted to punch that one kid in the face who took forever to say anything. It had its moments but for most of the movie I was thinking "Can we just move the f*** along?"

http://diabolicdisease.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/405px-the_illusionist_poster.jpg

BacDoc
12-31-08, 01:29 PM
Youre trippin too! AWESOME movie. I was dating this chick and took her to it. She hated it so I wrote her off as weird. She was a little different but nice. Kind of a square though. You a square man? :D

Maybe I am. All I could think of how uneducated people must love this movie. It was like Idiocracy came true.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/idiocracy-tv-dvd.jpg

trukk
12-31-08, 05:45 PM
I'm a sucker for really good 'bad' movies. For example I loved the following movies, due to their badness:
- Big Trouble in little China
- Red Dawn
- Nemesis (You've got to check out this B movie classic if you've nver seen it before: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107668/)

The only movie I can remember walking out of over the last 10 years or so was "The Fifth Element". Epic fail right there. Even watching it to make fun of it is painful.

Speeaking of Bruce Willis laden Epic Fail....Hudson Hawk was pretty bad too.

On another note, I tease my wife all the time because she reads those Oprah books. You know the ones, they are all shapped the same, and eveyones kids get cancer and die, or are run over by a train, then the protagonist gets raped by her step dad, while trying to learn to read in afghanistan...etc...etc...etc.

Anyway, Oprah made a movie based on one of here uber-depressing books (I think it won a pulizter prize or something), called Beloved (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120603/). It was about the effect of slavery on freed slaves in the 1870's...It starts out with Oprah (who also stared) exorcizing a poltergeist..which causes her kids to run away from here (and neve come back)...and quickly goes downhill from there.

I'm sure the book and the movie are great social commentary, and all importanty and stuff, but it was the most depressing thing I've ever seen. I wanted to leave so bad, but my wife wanted to watch the whole damned thing (she even admitted that she hated it afterwards). If you want to seriously read the entire synopsis check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120603/synopsis

I'd rather belt sand my eyes, or get hit in the head repeated with a rusty nail festooned board.

-Chris

EDIT: Found this Nemesis Trailler. I forgot how epic this movie is:

TZDrTylco1o

All that and some bewbies.

billc83
12-31-08, 06:21 PM
Dude, that's a really long trailer!

MauiV
01-01-09, 07:12 PM
The only movies I ever wanted my money back at the theatre for were Event Horizon and Blair Witch.

Others...

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Battlefield Earth
Gymkata
Thin Red Line
Moulin Rouge
Dirty Dancing
The English Patient
Patch Adams
Batman and Robin
Chocolat
Titantic
Jerry McGuire

The one critically acclaimed movie I absolutly hate is Fargo. I just cant get past the horrible accents. Its worse than nails on a chalkboard to me. Superbad does have one of my favorite quotes ever: "You scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours.", "Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that it's located on my cock."

CIWS
01-01-09, 07:30 PM
What I'm seeing from this thread is how vastly different people's tastes in movies are. :D

LS1Mike
01-01-09, 08:43 PM
The only movies I ever wanted my money back at the theatre for were Event Horizon and Blair Witch.

Others...

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
Battlefield Earth
Gymkata
Thin Red Line
Moulin Rouge
Dirty Dancing
The English Patient
Patch Adams
Batman and Robin
Chocolat
Titantic
Jerry McGuire

The one critically acclaimed movie I absolutly hate is Fargo. I just cant get past the horrible accents. Its worse than nails on a chalkboard to me. Superbad does have one of my favorite quotes ever: "You scratch our backs, we'll scratch yours.", "Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that it's located on my cock."

You sat through Dirty Dancing
Ugh, I have not seen it all the way through.

thebigjimsho
01-02-09, 04:09 AM
You sat through Dirty Dancing
Ugh, I have not seen it all the way through.? C'mon! Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

heavymetals
01-03-09, 03:55 PM
I can tell that none of you have ever seen an Andy Warhol movie. :thepan:

The Tony Show
01-03-09, 06:23 PM
I think we're veering away from worst movies, and instead listing a lot of overrated movies (like I am Legend, Thin Red Line, Titanic, etc). None of those movies are horrible. When I think bad movies, I think of the stuff that is so laughably written and acted, poorly edited and hastily conceived that it boggles the mind to think that someone actually had the gall to release it instead of burning the film stock. When it comes to pure ineptitude, Manos: The Hands of Fate still gets my vote for worst film EVER.

The second category of "awful movie" to me are those that try so hard to seem "deep" or "existential", but just end up playing like a nonsensical train wreck that means nothing- just a bunch of bizarre images and meaningless symbolism. In the latter category, I nominate the following:

-The Fountain
-Willard
-Donnie Darko
-2001: A Space Odyssey (the last 20 minutes- wtf?)

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
01-03-09, 06:44 PM
Like the video game? They made a movie about that? If so I can definately see how that could suck.

Yup, based on the streetfighter game...

MauiV
01-03-09, 08:17 PM
I think we're veering away from worst movies, and instead listing a lot of overrated movies (like I am Legend, Thin Red Line, Titanic, etc). None of those movies are horrible.

Movies that make me fall asleep in the theater qualify as horrible. There are plenty of B grade shitboxes but the movies I listed are the ones most people know and those that are horrid and overrated, like the chick-flicks.

My wife considers damn near anything after 1968 as garbage and everytime I watch an early 70s movie I get naucious. Even the "good" ones are bad.

CIWS
01-03-09, 08:44 PM
My wife considers damn near anything after 1968 as garbage and everytime I watch an early 70s movie I get naucious. Even the "good" ones are bad.

Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are both early 70's movies and are classics of comedy.

RightTurn
01-03-09, 11:26 PM
OK, I have a contender. Just dozed through "1408", what a POS. Luckily I was on my sofa and could catch a few winks. :coffee:

MauiV
01-04-09, 01:16 AM
Blazing Saddles is one if my all time favorites and a "period" film so they arent in putrid 70s attire. I cant stand Gene Wilder and since he is the main character in Young Frankenstein I dont care for the movie, Peter Boyle is AWESOME though.

heavymetals
01-04-09, 02:55 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey (the last 20 minutes- wtf?)

The next stage in human evolution in 20 minutes.

Hint: every time the monolith appears, man makes a jump forward in knowledge or evolution.

A few of my favorites:

2001 (AWESOME)

STRANGELOVE (classic)

ON THE BEACH (scared the crap out of me)

RAIDERS (what's to say?)

AMERICAN BEAUTY (they stole my life!)

CIWS
01-04-09, 09:18 PM
Blazing Saddles is one if my all time favorites and a "period" film so they arent in putrid 70s attire. I cant stand Gene Wilder and since he is the main character in Young Frankenstein I dont care for the movie, Peter Boyle is AWESOME though.

:thumbsup:

P-Funk
01-06-09, 04:02 PM
Worst movies ever are:

Contact
Cabin Boy
Donnie Darko
Eye of the Beholder (who knew a movie with Ewen McGregor and Ashley Judd could suck so bad?)

The Tony Show
01-06-09, 04:34 PM
2001: A Space Odyssey (the last 20 minutes- wtf?)

The next stage in human evolution in 20 minutes.

Hint: every time the monolith appears, man makes a jump forward in knowledge or evolution.

Oh, I know what they were trying to show, but it was still nonsense. Pretty colors, an empty estate with a butler, a baby in a space suit.......yeah. Stupid.

Coma
01-06-09, 05:34 PM
Come on.. Contact?!? I loved that movie!

Nutz
01-06-09, 10:25 PM
The Happening.

I like M. Night movies, but a little extra money now has him thinkin he's Jim friggin Morrison.

ewill3rd
01-06-09, 11:16 PM
I think of the ones mentioned so far, I hate AI the most, that movie was just awful.
It had potential but somewhere along the way they just let it suck out loud.

Frankenhooker was great! I can't believe someone hated that movie. I laughed myself to tears with it!
What more could you want?

I have seen so many really bad ones, picking one out would be hard.

thebigjimsho
01-07-09, 12:01 AM
Worst movies ever are:

Contact
Cabin Boy
Donnie Darko
Eye of the Beholder (who knew a movie with Ewen McGregor and Ashley Judd could suck so bad?)
Cabin Boy was indeed awful...