: help! hood differences

kurazy kracka
12-29-08, 12:12 AM
Hows it going guys?
My girfriend recently got into a small accident. her hood is a bit messed up and i found a 98 cat hood locally in the same color for a decent price.
Her car is a 01. my question is will a 98 hood fit onto the 01 and if so was the gold paint code from 98 the same used in 01?
I've been reading around on here trying to find the answer and have read about some of the differences between years but nothing that answers this thus far.

I'm not much of a cadillac guy so don't know too much about these cars other than that they have a bunch of electric gremlins. (dealt with the crank sensor on her.)

JRomano
12-29-08, 01:30 AM
Hows it going guys?
My girfriend recently got into a small accident. her hood is a bit messed up and i found a 98 cat hood locally in the same color for a decent price.
Her car is a 01. my question is will a 98 hood fit onto the 01 and if so was the gold paint code from 98 the same used in 01?
I've been reading around on here trying to find the answer and have read about some of the differences between years but nothing that answers this thus far.

I'm not much of a cadillac guy so don't know too much about these cars other than that they have a bunch of electric gremlins. (dealt with the crank sensor on her.)

You need an 00-01 hood... or you need a 97-99 hood/grille/bumper/headlights

gunther1000
12-29-08, 11:10 AM
To answer your question, No its not the same. However that was a minor update in 2000 but as stated above you need a few more parts to take it back in time to a 97-99 and might just want to locate the "new" style hood.

kurazy kracka
12-31-08, 01:33 AM
damn gotcha. i was lookin at n comparing pics of the 2 n now see what you mean.

no one would happen to have a gold 00-01 hood within 150 miles of D.C. would they?

Southern-Hospitality
12-31-08, 02:54 AM
I'd worry more about getting the hood, you can always have a good autobody place paint it for you.

Keep calling around the junkyards and what not, you'll find one soon or a later.