: What is the AC Delco Oil Filter Part Number For 2009 CTS-V?

GM-4-LIFE
12-28-08, 10:25 PM
What is the AC Delco Oil Filter Part Number for the 2009 CTS-V?

Also, what is the crankcase OIL capacity in quarts?

SG

Greg*
12-29-08, 01:24 PM
What is the AC Delco Oil Filter Part Number for the 2009 CTS-V?

Also, what is the crankcase OIL capacity in quarts?

SG

Delco# for the oil filter is a PF48 (GM# 89017524). GM also offers a higher grade of oil filter that is found on the LS9 engines. Delco# on it is UPF48R (GM# 12626224). Your oil capacity is 6 qts.

GM-4-LIFE
12-29-08, 01:33 PM
Delco# for the oil filter is a PF48 (GM# 89017524). GM also offers a higher grade of oil filter that is found on the LS9 engines. Delco# on it is UPF48R (GM# 12626224). Your oil capacity is 6 qts.

Thank you very much for the info. I was going to stock up on Amsoil oil and their premium 25K mile oil filters. I am going to run their best synthetic oil 0w30 and their EA oil filters. Together, you are guaranteed protection and an oil change interval of 25K miles. I needed the oil filter part number so I can cross reference them to Amsoil's EA part number. It looks like the 09 CTS-V takes the same oil filter as my 2009 Escalade and the Corvette Z06, so it makes it easy to get the correct Amsoil filter. I actually have a few of the Mobil 1 oil filters in my garage, so I can either run the Mobil 1 or the Amsoil and the cost difference is not much for the extra added protection.

GM PF48 oil filters stop filtering after 5,000 miles according to a recent Blackstone Labs analysis I had done. I will do my first oil change on my 2009 CTS-V at either 500 or 1,000 miles and I may switch to Amsoil at that time.

SG

CadV
12-29-08, 02:32 PM
Thank you very much for the info. I was going to stock up on Amsoil oil and their premium 25K mile oil filters. I am going to run their best synthetic oil 0w30 and their EA oil filters. Together, you are guaranteed protection and an oil change interval of 25K miles. I needed the oil filter part number so I can cross reference them to Amsoil's EA part number. It looks like the 09 CTS-V takes the same oil filter as my 2009 Escalade and the Corvette Z06, so it makes it easy to get the correct Amsoil filter. I actually have a few of the Mobil 1 oil filters in my garage, so I can either run the Mobil 1 or the Amsoil and the cost difference is not much for the extra added protection.

GM PF48 oil filters stop filtering after 5,000 miles according to a recent Blackstone Labs analysis I had done. I will do my first oil change on my 2009 CTS-V at either 500 or 1,000 miles and I may switch to Amsoil at that time.

SG

I was wondering this myself because I am a huge fan of Amsoil. Ran it in my STS-V and after 27k miles I only changed my oil once and it was still clean.

BTW Aero have you figured out what the Amsoil part number is? In the other cars the stock one was shorter but you could order a longer filter is that the case on the 09 CTS-V?

caddiedrummer
12-29-08, 05:38 PM
Anyone checked to see how hard a do it yourself oil change will be? I haven't had the courage. At a minimum I will need lower profile ramps.

Caddyscat
12-29-08, 05:59 PM
Anyone checked to see how hard a do it yourself oil change will be?

The LS oil pan drain plug is right next to the filter - another reason I love this car. Whenever I get mine I know oil changes will be as easy as on my WS6, only with .5 qt more oil.

caddiedrummer
12-29-08, 06:17 PM
The LS oil pan drain plug is right next to the filter - another reason I love this car. Whenever I get mine I know oil changes will be as easy as on my WS6, only with .5 qt more oil.

Thanks. Again, I havent looked but how far back is that (plug) from front of car.

Caddyscat
12-29-08, 08:19 PM
I had to re-find the site where i got the pics from since i have re-formatted my pc.

The drain plug on my WS6 is on the driver side right next to the oil filter. behind the centerline of the front wheels. I'm assuming its nearly identical on the LSA.

here's a link to the exploded pics.
http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/photos/f_actual/09lsa.html

GM-4-LIFE
12-30-08, 12:31 AM
CadV,

Amsoil doesn't have an EA oil filter for our cars yet. I guess I can either run Amsoil 0w30 or Mobil 1 0w30 with the Mobil 1 oil filters I already have in my garage and then run the Amsoil EA oil filters when they release them. I called Amsoil tech line this morning and no luck on the oil filters.

I have an Amsoil dealer account so I can get a good deal on the oil and filters.

SG

C66 Racing
12-30-08, 01:28 AM
Amsoil doesn't have an EA oil filter for our cars yet.

Ya, sorry, I keep checking this for my Corvette customers as well, but no joy on the EA Filter for the 09s yet.

FYI, if anyone is interested in getting AMSOIL at dealer prices, I can set you up via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (http://www.c66racing-synthetics.com/Preferredcustomer.htm). Pricing is about 25% under retail.
PM if interested. :cheers: