: Taking Delivery of my 2009 CTS-V VERY SOON...

GM-4-LIFE
12-28-08, 04:17 PM
The wait is killing me. My 2009 CTS-V will be here within the next week or so.

Radiant Silver, auto, nav, sunroof. No Recaros, no polished wheels, no suede coverings on the steering wheel or shift knob. The Recaros didn't seem worth the $3400.00 GM charges for them, the standard wheels match the silver paint nicely and I like the leather wrapped steering wheel better.

My 2007 STS-V is going back right when my 2009 CTS-V gets here.

I have already ordered the transport company to pick the vehicle up from the dealer I purchased it from and I am waiting for them to pick it up and get it to me here in L.A. The dealer is about 2000 miles away.

I just can't wait! I haven't wanted a car this bad in a very very long time.

SG

Short-Throw
12-28-08, 04:40 PM
I just can't wait! I haven't wanted a car this bad in a very very long time.

SG

Congratulations!

The car is everything it's been talked up about!

Mike

jeffreywilens
12-28-08, 04:44 PM
Aero1,

Just wondering why you ordered from a dealer across the country when there are at least six V2s in Socal currently? I was thinking about doing the same but don't see the point given the extra transport costs not to mention buying sight unseen.

GM-4-LIFE
12-28-08, 07:15 PM
Aero1,

Just wondering why you ordered from a dealer across the country when there are at least six V2s in Socal currently? I was thinking about doing the same but don't see the point given the extra transport costs not to mention buying sight unseen.

I have purchased more than a handful of vehicles from out of state GM dealers and they are so much better to deal with than the stuck-up So Cal dealers.

I know the owner of the dealer where I purchased it from and they are a huge Corvette dealer. I got a much better deal from them over what I would have received here in So Cal.

So far, the transaction has been very smooth and I have been more than happy.

I saw the car in full detail with pics that were sent to me so I am confident that everything is on the up and up, not to mention that my relationship with this Cadillac dealer is excellent and I trust them a lot.

SG

vperl
12-28-08, 08:24 PM
which trans port company did you use?

GM-4-LIFE
12-28-08, 08:50 PM
which trans port company did you use?

www.autotransportdirect.com

They were the cheapest out of every company I checked with and I checked over 50 of them out.

SG

IRONDOG
12-28-08, 09:23 PM
What is the name of the Dealer you bought your V from?

vperl
12-28-08, 09:24 PM
do hey transport in covered trailer?

I have been told they would charge about 1200 bucks from a distance of about 2 thousand miles.

Do they have a tiered delivery service or just one service for new cars?

GM-4-LIFE
12-28-08, 09:30 PM
IRONDOG,

ERNIE VON SCHLENDORN CADILLAC SAUKVILLE, INC. They are located in Saukville, Wisconsin. I dealt with David G., Greg Sanders and Eric Von Schlendorn. I have known Eric Von Schlendorn for a few years now. They were excellent from the start and I highly recommend them.

vperl,

Yes, they do offer enclosed transportation services. Cost was around $1300.00 anywhere I asked for quoted for enclosed services.

It doesn't matter if the vehicles are new or used, as the cost depends on the size of the vehicle.

SG

jeffreywilens
12-28-08, 11:01 PM
Aero,

You say you got a "much better deal" than you would have gotten locally.

Okay, not to pry, but given the popularity of the car, the fairly limited supply and the lack of any deals from Cadillac, and given the $1300+ costs to transport, did you have save any money over just paying sticker here?

GM-4-LIFE
12-28-08, 11:43 PM
Aero,

You say you got a "much better deal" than you would have gotten locally.

Okay, not to pry, but given the popularity of the car, the fairly limited supply and the lack of any deals from Cadillac, and given the $1300+ costs to transport, did you have save any money over just paying sticker here?

I didn't say I was paying $1300.00 for transportation. A fellow forum member asked if the transportation company I am using offers enclosed transportation services and I told him how much it would be if I went that route. I am getting transportation for half that because I am going with an open trailer service. Even with transportation of: $700.00, which is what I am paying, I am still saving a few thousand over what I would pay for the car here locally.

SG

vperl
12-28-08, 11:53 PM
That dealer had one V left, but the wrong color for me

cadillacnick2007
12-28-08, 11:54 PM
when is the car arriving in saukville because i live in West Bend WI about 15 min away and would love to see your car in person since I haven't seen one yet

vperl
12-29-08, 12:14 AM
Car is there, giive them a call they say it is red

Kadonny
12-29-08, 08:36 AM
Congrats SG...you'll love it.

I got some miles on it this weekend....what a car!

Damn black though is going to kill me.

SoJersey05V
01-04-09, 09:38 PM
no car yet?

and i'd def get that baby shipped on enclosed trailer. bad weather traveling on an open trailer... shit spend the extra dime!

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-09, 10:57 PM
The car was picked up from EVS on Saturday, January 3 and is on it's way to me as we speak.

It went on an open carrier as I have had both enclosed and open carriers on vehicles I have purchased and they both arrive filthy.

I will have my auto detailer on standby to wash, claybar and wax it for me so there isn't any crap on it from the trip.

EVS got a crystal red one that they have now. Mine is silver on black.

Here is a link to where I posted pics of my V before it left EVS in Saukville, WI

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/155416-pics-delivered-09-vs-here-3.html

SG