: Clarification on MSRP

jeffreywilens
12-28-08, 02:38 AM
I have noticed minor discrepancies trying to price the V2 on various sites (Edmunds.com which is definitely off, Cadillac.com and on various dealerships.

For instance a black V2 with Nav, sunroof, and polished wheels shows as $65,500 on the cadillac website but $65,140 on some dealerships. In another example, one dealership has a black car with same features and Recaro seats at $68,540 while a second one has the same car in silver at $68,900. Neither "window sticker" lists any other options.

Is the gas guzzler always $2,600?

fleadh
12-28-08, 03:38 PM
gas guzzler tax is $1300 on the manual transmission, and $2600 on the automatic... if i remember correctly.

-mike

SLPR 6.0L
12-28-08, 03:47 PM
gas guzzler tax is $1300 on the manual transmission, and $2600 on the automatic... if i remember correctly.

-mike

Making the decision to go manual even easier

RapidRob
12-28-08, 06:59 PM

-mike

When my V2 is finally delivered, it will be the first time I've paid this, "gas guzzler", tax ... does anyone know if this tax is deductible?

Rob

vperl
12-29-08, 08:01 PM
Well I got a deal for you from my local caddy dealer.

I was quoted by a management person this price for a 2009 CTS-V black in color, and Automatic transmission, with navigation
as the only cost option

the reply was:
Short and to the point

Auto,Nav.,Black $83435.0+T&L when aplicable

jeffreywilens
12-30-08, 12:05 AM
WTF? $83,000? Which dealer is this?

vperl
12-30-08, 12:31 AM
WTF? $83,000? Which dealer is this?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$

I'd say that the salesman said that the "retail" departmet was flooded with requests....

At first they were trying to force out price from me, without any regard. I told the salesman ((Bob Bettger (Carr Vancouver))
that I wanted a real quote. that was his reply , over $83,000.00
on a car with one option that cost extra, Navigation.

Carr Cadillac, Vancouver, Washington

This salesman did not dissappoint me one bit, after he gave me the quote he mentioned in so many words.... to go else where

guess what ? ..

I am

Luna.
12-30-08, 01:33 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$

I'd say that the salesman said that the "retail" departmet was flooded with requests....

At first they were trying to force out price from me, without any regard. I told the salesman ((Bob Bettger (Carr Vancouver))
that I wanted a real quote. that was his reply , over $83,000.00
on a car with one option that cost extra, Navigation.

Carr Cadillac, Vancouver, Washington

This salesman did not dissappoint me one bit, after he gave me the quote he mentioned in so many words.... to go else where

guess what ? ..

I am

:histeric::histeric::histeric:

What a total crock...

If ANYONE pays that, they are morons...

vperl
12-30-08, 01:53 AM
:histeric::histeric::histeric:

What a total crock...

If ANYONE pays that, they are morons...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What bothers me the most is that a "fair" portion of these
people cannot PURCHASE the vehicle themselves, and how arrogant they act... the last salesman I delt with was very good, never felt like he was terying to screw me...

I bet Tony in Florida would be the best ever, because he wants your cash, after all that is what it is all about, and remain civil and friendly.

Bet he sends Birthday cards to his better customers, I would, hoping they remember me next time...
If I had ever treated a customer, or vendor like crap in any retail or wholesale business I'd be out the door with a boot in my butt.