: "Missing" Feature Settings

GMX322V S/C
12-28-08, 03:27 AM
Another thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/156198-park-tilt-mirror-option-does-your.html) explains why the Park Tilt Mirrors feature is "missing;" here's the complete list of "missing" features expected to be written out of the next version of the owner's manual:

Delay Door Lock
Electronic Key Reminder
Park Tilt Mirrors
Memory Seat Recall
Remote Start
Gage Tracers

All are hardwired enabled except for the Park Tilt Mirrors feature. The only one I wish I could disable is the Delay Door Lock. (Having to push lock twice to lock the doors right now is just a little pet peeve...)

CIWS
12-28-08, 09:38 AM
The only one I wish I could disable is the Delay Door Lock. (Having to push lock twice to lock the doors right now is just a little pet peeve...)

The car doesn't lock automatically after you get out, without pushing any buttons ?

TheGeeman
12-28-08, 09:46 AM
The car can be set to lock automatically as soon as you step away from the car. I think he is referring to the car locking after entering the car.

G.

GMX322V S/C
12-28-08, 03:51 PM
The car can be setup to automatically lock after it detects that a remote has left the vehicle and all of the doors are closed, but I'm talking about just pushing the door lock switch as I'm exiting the vehicle. By default, a single push triggers a chime that indicates all of the doors will be locked 5 seconds after all doors are closed. A second push locks them immediately. The configuration option overrode this so that a single push would simply lock all of the doors immediately. No biggie...

hound dawg
12-30-08, 12:06 AM
I love the remote start feature. Getting in a car with the temp set the way I like it and then taking off is simply fabulous.

tedcmiller
01-05-09, 10:15 PM
GMX322V S/C's list of "missing" programmable features is correct. It matches exactly what I have found for my 2009 CTS-V. What he fails to mention is that "Advanced Features" also does not appear in the list, but the items it would have displayed (except for those he listed) appear with continued depression of the customization key. Because "Advanced Features" is not applicable, the "Advanced Features Exit" section is also not applicable.

Another item that used to be programmable is the Exit position of the seat and steering wheel (on a DTS) (on the 2004-2007 CTS-V, the steering wheel position was not electrically controlled). The Easy Exit position is there but seems to be fixed. What it is fixed to is not appropriate for or liked by everyone.

Another problem is the memory recall feature (always on). The owner's manual clearly states that the stored memory items will be recalled if the unlock button on the remote is pressed. This occurs before you get in rather than after. Good grief! How stupid. My wifes 2008 DTS works this way and it is a real problem. You would think they would have corrected this by now.

Another difficulty concerns the recall of Easy Exit. The owners manual says it can be programmed for Button and Automatic. On mine it only work with the Button. Nothing happens when I open the driver's door. Is this typical or am I doing something wrong?