: Chicago Auto Show 2009

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-26-08, 07:24 PM
Are any of you up for doing an auto show/get together weekend this year. I know Nick is planning on having the Midwest meet here this year so you may not want to drive here twice but I think it would be fun if we could get together more than once a year. I never made it last year because of work but if we get something together within the next few weeks I could make it. Let me know what you all think.

gary88
12-27-08, 06:23 PM
I was thinking we could have a small meet like last year in February, around the 7th or 8th. We could do some sightseeing around Chicago, get some good food, then end it with the auto show.

96Fleetwood
12-27-08, 07:45 PM
Sounds good to me. My Dad is thinking about flying up for the show, he is a big auto enthusiast.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-27-08, 08:43 PM
That sounds like something I'd be down for. Lemme talk to Brian and Tanner and see what we can come up with.

Can we do a Friday night-Sunday sort of thing? My schedule is much easier nowadays, I now have Saturdays off.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-27-08, 09:12 PM
Can we do a Friday night-Sunday sort of thing? My schedule is much easier nowadays, I now have Saturdays off.

I believe that is what you all did last year and it sounded like it worked well. Drive out Friday and get some food/do some sightseeing. We could go to the Auto Show on Saturday (will be very crowded though) and do something else that night and then have breakfast Sunday morning and you all could drive back home.

What would you all like to do on Friday/Saturday night? Chicago in the winter sucks and the city pretty much shuts down by 8pm. There is not much night life down town.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-28-08, 02:18 PM
Last year we got pizza downtown, so that works. Give me something chicago style and in a dish as deep as Lake Michigan.

gary88
12-28-08, 08:12 PM
This we have to go to the world famous Billy Goat Tavern too.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-29-08, 04:14 AM
^ Gary, both you and I are under drinking age.

Where did you want to go for pizza? Around here we have a place called Aurelios that is, IMO, even better than Giordanos. Would any of you be up for something as casual as going bowling afterward? There are also Giordanos all over the area if you did want to go to one it does not have to be downtown. Personally I avoid the city whenever possible. I am just more at home in the burbs. We can do city stuff on Saturday and maybe just hang out Friday night. Everything is cheaper (food, lodging, gas) out here anyway and it really is not bad heading into/out of the city on a Saturday. There is also a great hookah bar here in Lisle, if any of you would be up for it. :)

Just some food for thought. Keep the suggestions coming on what else you would all want to do. Also, it is running the 13-22 this year. Which weekend would you like to set this up for, the 13-15 or the 20-22?

GizmoQ
12-29-08, 04:57 AM
I ain't comin if its snowin

90Brougham350
12-29-08, 10:40 AM
February's not looking good for me at this point. I can make any meet scheduled in April - whenever, but I'd have a difficult time getting to Chicago in February. Let me see what I can work out.

Brian

gdwriter
12-29-08, 01:47 PM
Right now, it looks like I can get a round-trip from Portland to Midway for ~$300, so I should be able to come. Once we set a date, I'll buy my tickets.

JimmyH
12-29-08, 03:04 PM
I am in. Been a long time since I was at the Chicago show. Can we entice AB to come out with us?

nickc50310
12-29-08, 04:19 PM
Sorry guys but I dont think Ill be able to make this one since I am going to Florida a week or two before that.

See you all in April when Im cuttin donoughts on Jimmy's lawn in my CTS! :shhh:

Rodya234
12-29-08, 05:35 PM
Well, depending on what day(s) you guys plan on going I may be able to come, if my school/life schedules are willing.

M next obstacle would be if I can get a ride or not :thepan:. ( I can't drive by myself until early summer :() A clean shot up I-57 would get me there in a minute, but if I have to take the CTA I would need to leave...now. :bouncy:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-29-08, 07:28 PM
Can we entice AB to come out with us?

I am assuming you mean AlBundy, in which case I already sent him a PM.

Rodya, I am sure one of us will be able to tote you around for the weekend. Someone is gonna have to go to Midway or O'hare to pick up gdwriter anyway. The only clause is if its me you will be riding in my POS winter truck, which is very far from what us Caddy people are used to. :)

How does the first weekend sound, the 13-15? If we have it the second weekend you all will be having to drive here in a month again anyway for the Midwest meet unless Nick is having it a little later in the year this time. It was just a little chilly and windy last year. :yup:

gary88
12-30-08, 03:36 AM
^ Gary, both you and I are under drinking age.

I've attained regular status without drinking there :alchi: You're not a true Chicagoan until you've had a double cheezborger :yup:

I think the 13th-15th would be the ideal date. Hopefully I won't be burdened with midterms.

I'd also reccomend The Patio on Rt. 83 as a place to eat, possibly on Friday the 13th (:eek:). The ribs are a little pricey but oh so worth it. (Here's the menu (http://www.patioribs.com/pdf/PatioMenu.pdf))

And if anyone would be willing to go to Lincoln Park anytime before 9pm, there's an unbelievable family run sandwich shop right on my campus called Brankos that makes the best grilled chicken sandwich you'll ever eat.

Cliff8928
12-30-08, 04:07 AM
I should be available for a weekend at the show. It's always nice to meet some forum members and to put a face to the name.

Jesda
12-30-08, 06:20 AM
What are the dates?

I can probably skip a class and go.

JimmyH
12-30-08, 01:32 PM
Sorry guys but I dont think Ill be able to make this one since I am going to Florida a week or two before that.

See you all in April when Im cuttin donoughts on Jimmy's lawn in my CTS! :shhh:

good luck with that

my crispy lawn will punch holes in your tires

90Brougham350
12-30-08, 02:05 PM
What are the dates?

I can probably skip a class and go.

....As long as we see you this spring time as well......

Brian

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-30-08, 02:07 PM
I've attained regular status without drinking there :alchi: You're not a true Chicagoan until you've had a double cheezborger :yup:

Portillos has the best burgers on the planet. There is noting better than a double cheeseburger that weighs a pound.

Gary, are you living downtown now or are you still in Lemont?

gary88
12-30-08, 02:23 PM
I'm in Lemont for winter break. Moving back up to Lincoln Park on the 2nd.

CadillacGurl
12-30-08, 03:13 PM
I'm in. We got Giordano's all around here. Also I can take out the over 21+ crowd for some drinks. The Patio :drool: I haven't been there in over a year and I can agree with the ribs... soooo good! I'll have to call off work if it's a weekend since it's kinda mandatory for me to work weekends. You guys gonna do a dealership ride again on Ogden Avenue? Let me know since I can probably take the train out to mi casa out in Downers.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-08, 06:34 PM
This sounds like quite the turnout (LUNDQUIST YOU NEED TO GO! MAKE IT A FAMILY EVENT!!!!). I sure hope I'll be able to swing it, but I don't see why not.

gary88
12-30-08, 07:57 PM
Shall we make the 13th-15th official then?

CadillacGurl
12-30-08, 10:50 PM
Sounds good to me

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-30-08, 11:45 PM
Works for me. :yup:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
12-31-08, 04:23 AM
Oy, it be official. Time to cash in on my paid time off!

gdwriter, get those plane tickets fast before the price of fuel goes back up. We can start working plans around when everyone is arriving/departing from the far reaches of the country.

gdwriter
12-31-08, 11:35 PM
Rats. Fare went up $50 for the 13-15. Need to go over my budget to make sure I can still afford to go.

gdwriter
01-01-09, 05:17 AM
I'll never understand how airfares work. Checked again a while later, and the fares had changed. So I got my tickets for $317 round trip. Not the great bargain I got last year, but still not bad.

Arriving at Chicago Midway @ 1:45 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 14 on Southwest 2201 from Portland. Leave @ 3:50 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 15. I can always take the CTA back to Midway if everybody wants to stay longer at the auto show.

Jesda, are you coming? Can you and Shatner get another smokin' hotel deal?

CadillacGurl
01-01-09, 10:56 AM
You gonna bring Hoover? :thumbsup: There are Pet Hotels in the area :D

gdwriter
01-01-09, 04:03 PM
I wish; but Southwest doesn't allow pets.

CadillacGurl
01-01-09, 04:18 PM
Yeah he'd have to fly Cargo on United or another airline... scary IMO

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-01-09, 06:41 PM
Okay, list of who is coming so far:

Me
Gary
Elias
Chad
gdwriter
Jimmy
Cliff8928
CadSTS2003sgurl (Jason as well?)

Unsure people:

Brian
Jesda
Rodya
Gizmo (afraid of snow apparently)

gdwriter is arriving Sat. afternoon. Chad, any idea on what day you would be heading down here and have you talked to Tanner at all? Jesda, if you are able to make it do you have any idea when you would be driving up? I am assuming that the rest of us can come and go as we please because we all live in the area. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone and I hope I got all your names right.

Ranger
01-01-09, 08:13 PM
I may meet you guys in the evening, depending on where you wind up. I ain't going downtown. I despise going into the city. I'm way up NW, a bit farther than JimmyH (but closer than Nodih). Anyway, if I'm not snowmobiling in Wisconsin, I may meet you guys. Guess that puts me in the maybe column.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-01-09, 08:36 PM
I'd try to get that Friday off work and head down Friday morning. Much like last year, I'd try to be in Chicago around 4 or 5. Looks like I need to start saving my money for the trip! :thumbsup: Last time I spent roughly $400 that weekend, between gas and everything else. So it's not cheap, but so worth it.

CadillacGurl
01-01-09, 10:50 PM
I don't know if Jason is coming... he says probably not

90Brougham350
01-01-09, 10:54 PM
Put me in the no-show count. I just realized it's Valentine's Day weekend. Hope to see you all in the spring!

Brian

CadillacGurl
01-01-09, 11:49 PM
Awww crap Dad's bday is the 15th gotta see if he's coming into Chicago...

Rodya234
01-02-09, 05:30 AM
Well, until further notice I have school on the 13th. I'll already be halfway downtown, but my commute always knocks me out and I don't get home till 4:30 or 5. :yawn:

14th+15th may be possible.

14th: If I can convince my girl either A: Come with, or B: that I have a very good alternative to being with her on valentines day. :thepan:

15th: should be good.

Now I only have the task of convincing my parents that they should let me go hang out with "people from the internet". :bouncy:

CadillacGurl
01-02-09, 11:48 AM
Now I only have the task of convincing my parents that they should let me go hang out with "people from the internet". :bouncy:

Just say you're going to the Auto Show with some friends. :bouncy:

gary88
01-02-09, 01:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/dontworry2cu.jpg

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-02-09, 06:29 PM

Tell them we offered you some candy and a ride in our nice big panel van. :)

I'm surprised that your dad is not a member on here as well considering that you guys own like 4 DeVilles. Heck, ask your dad if he wants to come along. As of now it looks like we will actually be going to the show on Sunday. As for your girlfriend, Valentine's day is overrated anyway.

Ranger
01-02-09, 11:33 PM
Now I only have the task of convincing my parents that they should let me go hang out with "people from the internet".
Good luck there.

As for your girlfriend, Valentine's day is overrated anyway.
You'll need even more luck there.

Jesda
01-03-09, 06:19 PM
I am 95% sure I can do the 13th-15th of February. My car seats two people, so I may take the train up with my friends. If my brother comes, we'll take his Seville.

I will look into hotel deals through Priceline. Hopefully its as cheap as last year, which ended up being about $20/person for a Doubletree with 3.5 star amenities.

gdwriter
01-03-09, 11:17 PM
I am 95% sure I can do the 13th-15th of February. My car seats two people, so I may take the train up with my friends. If my brother comes, we'll take his Seville.

I will look into hotel deals through Priceline. Hopefully its as cheap as last year, which ended up being about $20/person for a Doubletree with 3.5 star amenities.Excellent news. Hope your brother comes so you'll bring the Seville. Count me in on whatever hotel deal you get.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-04-09, 03:31 AM
Comfort Suites in Oakbrook Terrace (out by me) has rooms for $63 a night. Search for rooms near Lisle, IL and there are lots that are quite cheap.

96Fleetwood
01-04-09, 10:17 AM
Comfort Suites in Oakbrook Terrace (out by me) has rooms for $63 a night. Search for rooms near Lisle, IL and there are lots that are quite cheap.

There is also a Super 8 in Willowbrook, right off I-55/Kingery. I think it is less than $60/night.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-04-09, 01:25 PM
I will look into hotel deals through Priceline. Hopefully its as cheap as last year, which ended up being about $20/person for a Doubletree with 3.5 star amenities.

If you can swing rates like that, count me in on your plan if I go.

gdwriter
01-04-09, 05:24 PM
If you can swing rates like that, count me in on your plan if I go.If you go?! :suspect:

I just shelled out $300+ for plane tickets, so your ass better be in Chicago that weekend, buster.

eyekandyboats.inc
01-04-09, 08:32 PM
i think i feel like i might come. depending on some things I hope i can make it down. I am under drinking age in the US so i will fit in jut fine with some of you :)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-14-09, 04:13 PM
Well guys and gal, I am now not sure about my availability to be there. I went to visit my grandfather yesterday and he is not doing very well. He has Lymphoma (cancer) and the doctors took him off chemo a few months ago because it was no longer effective. Since then it has hit him really hard and at best he has another month and a half left in him. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but that is my situation. I am 80% sure I will at least make it on Sunday for the Auto Show but the other days I may spend with him since I already have them off work. I may also be able to work something out where I am available Friday or Saturday night. I'll just be playing it by ear.

96Fleetwood
01-14-09, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear about that, he will be in our prayers.

Is he in Hospice now?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-14-09, 07:47 PM
^ Not yet. He never wanted to be stuck in a hospital when it was his time to go and he has said that to us many times. The house they are living in now they had built with doors that are too small to fit a stretcher through them because he always wanted to go at home. As of now my uncle is staying with my grandparents and helping them out.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-14-09, 11:16 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about that. I know how you feel though, my grandpa died a month and a half ago, and his situation was quite similar. Well I hope you can make it for atleast Sunday, but if not, we all understand.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-17-09, 10:02 PM
So what's the agenda lookin' like for the idea? I wanna get a rough idea of what I might miss if I don't come down on Friday..

96Fleetwood
01-17-09, 10:56 PM
I fly back into Chicago the evening of the 13th.. so I will most likely be heading straight home and passing out.

Jesda
01-19-09, 04:14 AM
With the economy the way it is, I suspect people will be staying home, even with gas and jet fuel prices as low as they are. I don't imagine turnout will be what it was in 2008.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-19-09, 01:34 PM
These may have to be altered depending on where you are staying. I am assuming you will be getting a hotel in the suburbs as they are way cheaper and you can actually park within half a mile of your hotel. The area around Lombard is loaded with hotels because of the massive amount of large companies that call the town home.

For Friday I was thinking we would just chill somewhere until roughly 5PM or until everyone arrives who is planning on coming here that day. Then we could have dinner at either Portillos or the Patio as suggested by Gary, which ever was preferred. After that we could just do something simple like go bowling. There may not be many people here that day but it would beat having to drive here early on Saturday morning.

Saturday: Maybe start the morning by going by the car dealers on Ogden. Have a stop over at Ferrari, Maserati and some of the other exotic dealers on our way to the city. Have lunch somewhere downtown, maybe the Rock & Roll McDonalds. :) For the rest of the day we can just go sight seeing. I haven't been to either the Field museum or the Museum of Science and Industry in a while. In case you didn't know, MSI (much shorter to type) has moved the U-505 submarine indoors and you can now walk around it. The new exhibit for it is very cool.

Someone has to be at Midway around 1:45 to pick up gdwriter. If you did want to head to MSI for an afternoon we could pick him up on the way there. My grandparents are also members so I might be able to get some people in for free and parking will also be free. For dinner we would probably go to Giordano's downtown. Unfortunately, its Valentine's day so we are gonna have to make a reservation early and hope its not too crowded. I don't know what would be done Saturday evening. I know nothing about the city's night life and am too young :( to go to a night club/bar so you people who know the city will have to chime in here. However, there ain't much to do in the 'burbs either.

Sunday we could meet somewhere for breakfast, granted everyone is staying in the same hotel or in hotels close to each other. We eat so much bacon that we are going to explode. Then head to McCormick place for the show. Ideally we would be there right when it opens (10AM) and stay until roughly 2-2:30 as gdwriters flight leaves at 3:50 and its a long drive back to both Minnesota and St. Louis.

gdwriter
01-19-09, 10:21 PM
DCF, thanks for keeping things coordinated on this. Looking forward to it, even if turnout is smaller than last year.

Jesda, let me know what you and Shatner arrange.

AJxtcman
01-21-09, 08:04 AM
Okay, list of who is coming so far:

Me
Gary
Elias
Chad
gdwriter
Jimmy
Cliff8928
CadSTS2003sgurl (Jason as well?)

Unsure people:

Brian
Jesda
Rodya
Gizmo (afraid of snow apparently)

gdwriter is arriving Sat. afternoon. Chad, any idea on what day you would be heading down here and have you talked to Tanner at all? Jesda, if you are able to make it do you have any idea when you would be driving up? I am assuming that the rest of us can come and go as we please because we all live in the area. I hope I haven't forgotten anyone and I hope I got all your names right.

Highline has been sick. Very Sick and I have not seen him since before Christmas. As a mater of fact he hasn't been to work either. If he pulls out of what ever he caught will will head down.

He was out moving cars on the lot in the freezing rain they had up here when I was down south for Christmas. It started out as the Flu (like the one people die from), Bronchitis, and an inner ear infection. Then he caught something else. I think he caught it from that Ford he bought LOL.

busafreak
01-23-09, 05:08 AM
Hey all.. I went to fuel up at a Shell gas station and the girl at the register gave me 2 half off coupons to the auto show. Beats paying full price.. All Shells are giving them away.

gdwriter
01-23-09, 01:07 PM
Has anybody got in touch with JRau? I don't have an e-mail address for him, but I imagine somebody around here does.

JimmyH
01-23-09, 04:10 PM
Hey Chad, as you may have noticed, I have not been around much. So when you guys finalize things, can you call me or email me with the details? I assume you still have my phone number.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-23-09, 04:29 PM
Hey Chad, as you may have noticed, I have not been around much. So when you guys finalize things, can you call me or email me with the details? I assume you still have my phone number.

Yeah, no problem I've still got your number.

I've got JRau's email too.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-24-09, 09:15 PM
I tried to send JRau a PM but his inbox is full.

I will also be able to make it all three days. My grandfather passed away last night in his sleep. He was getting so bad he couldn't even walk himself to the bathroom anymore, so it was his time to go. I'll be off and on for the next week or so here so I'll check back when everything is done with.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-24-09, 10:19 PM
Well, like my grandpa, his time had come. God bless.

I just emailed JRau. He'll get back to me soon.

gdwriter
01-25-09, 01:26 AM
I will also be able to make it all three days. My grandfather passed away last night in his sleep. He was getting so bad he couldn't even walk himself to the bathroom anymore, so it was his time to go.Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like at least he's not suffering any more.

It's been nearly 25 years since my grandfather died, and I still miss him.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-25-09, 07:27 PM
Last year was so fun that there are really only two different things I'd like to do this year:

Go to the Sears Tower (the Hancock was great, and the view was beautiful, but the Sears IS about 300 feet taller.
Go to a Rolls Royce dealer (we did the Porsche, Bentley, Ferrari and Lamborghini dealers last year, lets go for the last one!)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-29-09, 12:37 AM
So I have Friday the thirteenth off, so Tanner and I will be coming down in his '93 Coupe deVille. I drove the Mercedes last year, now it's his turn. See you all there!!

Jesda
01-29-09, 08:48 AM
My brother will be in Vegas and neither of my roommates are coming. So, I'll be coming up alone with the Seville.

I'll be booking two hotel rooms for me, Chad, Tanner, and Gary. I am a deep, loud snorer, so we might need to work out an arrangement where Chad, Tanner, and Gary get two beds + foldout and I get my own room, and of course you guys would end up paying less.

JimmyH
01-29-09, 01:01 PM
Last year was so fun that there are really only two different things I'd like to do this year:

Go to the Sears Tower (the Hancock was great, and the view was beautiful, but the Sears IS about 300 feet taller.
Go to a Rolls Royce dealer (we did the Porsche, Bentley, Ferrari and Lamborghini dealers last year, lets go for the last one!)

I am afraid of heights, so I will hang out in the Lobby :helpless:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
01-29-09, 03:03 PM
Jesda, any idea what hotel you are going to be staying in?

Jesda
01-29-09, 05:29 PM
No idea yet.

gary88
01-29-09, 06:10 PM
Pics from last year:

Chicago meet recap/pictures. 56k be very, very afraid. (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/131159-chicago-meet-recap-pictures-56k-very.html)

BTW Continental Auto Sports a pair of 599 GTBs in stock :drool:

My goal for this year is to try and get a salesman to let me start up at least one exotic supercar (worth a try, heh).

96Fleetwood
01-29-09, 06:18 PM
I know the sales managers at Luxury Motors-Downers Grove (Kyle Khalil and Ray Omran)... and I met Joe Abbas (the owner of all the LM dealerships) when I was test driving a '97 840ci they had a couple months ago. ;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-29-09, 09:29 PM
I know the sales managers at Luxury Motors-Downers Grove (Kyle Khalil and Ray Omran)... and I met Joe Abbas (the owner of all the LM dealerships) when I was test driving a '97 840ci they had a couple months ago. ;)

That could be fun to go test drive some used exotics. Is that possible?

Pics from last year:

Chicago meet recap/pictures. 56k be very, very afraid. (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/131159-chicago-meet-recap-pictures-56k-very.html)

BTW Continental Auto Sports a pair of 599 GTBs in stock :drool:

My goal for this year is to try and get a salesman to let me start up at least one exotic supercar (worth a try, heh).

I got the Ferrari stuff last year, now I want some Lamborghini apparel. :drool:

Oh, BTW, there's a new Bentley dealer up near my place. I think I should go see if they're all stuck up pricks too! LOL!

thebigjimsho
01-30-09, 11:58 PM
:sunuvabitch:

I was trying to see if any of the SHO guys would go on the following weekend. They're mostly going this weekend as well. I was hoping someone would do the following weekend. I've got work and an all night rally in VT with my brother on the 14/15th.

I've got $260 in credit with Midwest from a trip to Texas I canceled on last year. But I need to use it by April or it's gone. Airfare would've been $0 for me...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-31-09, 12:35 AM
Come on down Jim, it'd be nice to meet you!

gary88
02-01-09, 07:02 PM
On Saturday (the presumed day we spend downtown), would anyone else rather take the train downtown? Ticket will be around $5, should save lots of time driving around and paying for parking. Also a CTA card for using the el would be about $3.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-01-09, 09:20 PM
Yeah that'd work for me. Chicago driving was a nightmare. Does that train lead to Midway Airport for Gary too?

gdwriter
02-01-09, 10:30 PM
Yeah that'd work for me. Chicago driving was a nightmare. Does that train lead to Midway Airport for Gary too?Train is fine for me, too. I believe the Orange line runs out to Midway. But I would like to put my bags somewhere before schleping around town.

gary88
02-02-09, 02:02 AM
Yep, orange line runs to Midway and can take you right down into the loop. If you want to put your bags somewhere though, we can arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport first, then we'll convoy to a train station and go downtown. Ride there takes around 45 minutes. In fact, the Sears Tower is just a block down the street after you get out of Union Station.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-02-09, 02:07 AM
What do you all want to do on Saturday? You could probably hit the Sears Tower in the morning. I know it sounds boring but the Museum of Science and Industry is a blast. It is probably the coolest museum I have ever been to. If you did want to do that in the afternoon I could pick up gdwriter on the way there as I would drive. I have no interest in the Sears Tower (its the type of thing you only do once) and I can park at the museum for free. I would join you for dinner but would not stay in the city very late unless I decide to crash at my aunt's condo on Logan Blvd. that night.

gdwriter
02-02-09, 03:08 AM
I know it sounds boring but the Museum of Science and Industry is a blast. It is probably the coolest museum I have ever been to. If you did want to do that in the afternoon I could pick up gdwriter on the way there as I would drive.I remember the Museum of Science and Industry from a trip I made in 1997, and I loved it. I would definitely be up for checking that out again. If you guys want to do the Sears in the morning, that's OK with me.

Yep, orange line runs to Midway and can take you right down into the loop. If you want to put your bags somewhere though, we can arrange for someone to pick you up at the airport first, then we'll convoy to a train station and go downtown. Ride there takes around 45 minutes. In fact, the Sears Tower is just a block down the street after you get out of Union Station.If we end up doing Sears in the afternoon, then, yes, I'd appreciate a pickup at the airport to put my bags in a trunk before taking the train downtown. I'm flexible.

Jesda
02-02-09, 03:41 PM
My roommate just dumped his gf so he's got free time and money to tag along now. Probably taking the Ford F-truck.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-02-09, 04:11 PM
My roommate just dumped his gf so he's got free time and money to tag along now. Probably taking the Ford F-truck.

Nice.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-02-09, 08:26 PM
I would like to go to all the hot car dealers on Ogden sometime Saturday morning, and if we get to the Bentley dealer between 9 and 10 AM, Nicki told us we can go see her place and dogs. She lives right behind that Bentley dealer on Ogden. Nicki said she'd take us to breakfast at a place called Omega. So perhaps we could do that then go to the Sears and Museum of Science and Industry in the afternoon then Giordano's for dinner?

And we should do that Billy Goat grille or whatever it's called on Friday night, if possible.

Kael
02-03-09, 01:55 PM
Sorry can we recap.
Which weekend is everyone trying to get together and go to the autoshow?

gary88
02-03-09, 02:07 PM
13th-15th

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-03-09, 04:08 PM
Nicki said she'd take us to breakfast at a place called Omega.

And we should do that Billy Goat grille or whatever it's called on Friday night, if possible.

Omega is freakin' awesome! They have a meal there called the Hobo Skillet. It is a skillet full of hash browns (a good half pound) covered in 4 kinds of melted cheese served with a side of pancakes. It is to die for.

The Billy Goat is in the city. I don't know if you are planning on going there for the evening or not. However, a place called The Patio was thrown around and that is on Rt. 83 which runs right by the Downers Grove area. I would assume you are staying in the western burbs somewhere especially if you want to hit the dealers Sat. morning. Jesda needs to make reservations. Only one and a half weeks left.

gdwriter
02-03-09, 08:47 PM
Jesda needs to make reservations. Only one and a half weeks left.He did last night. We'll be at the Hyatt in Lisle.

gary88
02-04-09, 01:32 AM
Ah I just remembered another place we can eat on Friday, Portillos! There's a new one on rt 83. I believe we casually stopped at one last year, and saw the almighty Isuzu in the parking lot.

CadillacGurl
02-04-09, 02:02 PM
Finally I have time to get my behind on the forum! I'm all for taking the Metra (I have a monthly pass woot!) and the El (love my U-Pass). Day passes I believe are still $5 so we can take you around, pass Wrigley Field and US Cellular (boo Soxs!). If you need a place to stash your bag Gary we can throw them in my apartment downtown (I can give you guys a tour). Also I have my mom's mini van so if we go back out to the burbs to Giordano's or Portillo's I can take some of you guys.

I do not know if Jason is coming, last I heard he might drive out but we shall see.

I know the Hobo Skillet, that is my mom's favorite :) I personally like the mickey mouse pancakes but they wouldn't give them to me since I'm not under 13 grrr.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-04-09, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't mind gettin' high with Nicki........and seeing her apartment! (it's a high rise for those not "in the know") :D :)

CadillacGurl
02-04-09, 06:56 PM
Yeah I'm subleasing it starting March 1st if anybody is interested: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/apa/1018319395.html

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-04-09, 11:49 PM
Oh, wise hotel choice. You will be about 3 miles from my house and about 1.5 miles from where I work. You can come visit me there (see below).

Bad News: Apparently Wal-Mart decided that it is too busy of a weekend for me to have off. :( My schedule is as follows: Friday - 10:30-7:30. Saturday - 3:30-10:30. Sunday - 3:30-8:00.

That being said I will meet up with you on Friday night and Saturday morning. I am trying vigilantly to at least get Sunday off. Gary, there is a Portillo's on Butterfield Road right near I-355. It is about 2.5 miles from the hotel where everyone is staying. For Friday night would you all want to eat there and then head somewhere, maybe a bowling ally? If you can't tell I haven't been bowling in a while and I really want to go. I may miss eating dinner with you guys because of how late I am working that night.

Saturday I am assuming you are still eating at Omega and visiting some dealerships. I can do that much with you and then drive you all to the train station but that is as far as I go that day. I am driving the Isuzu currently but if need be I can borrow my Dad's full size van. He got a new one (2000) so its not the crappy green screaming metal death trap you all saw at the Midwest meet. Sunday is still up in the air. I may also catch a horrible disease on that day. :)

CadillacGurl
02-05-09, 12:35 PM
I know the Portillo's on Butterfield, it's 2 minutes from my house in Downers. I am scheduled to work 2PM-6PM on Saturday but I might see if someone can take my shift, people owe me a shitload. I have a mini van so driving people around is not a problem (plus I have a navigation system just in case). Btw, did we want to go to Girodano's downtown or in the burbs? Just so I can make a reservation this time.

gary88
02-05-09, 01:57 PM
I won't be avaliable Friday until late afternoon/night, something I was supposed to do this Friday got pushed back to next.

And I think we're going to Giordanos on 22nd street, same one as last year.

thebigjimsho
02-05-09, 03:56 PM
Come on down Jim, it'd be nice to meet you!
On the 21/22?

gdwriter
02-05-09, 04:06 PM
on the 21/22?13/14/15

thebigjimsho
02-05-09, 05:35 PM
13/14/15
I already be sayin' I can't make it that weekend. :dammit:

CadillacGurl
02-05-09, 08:44 PM
Sorry??

96Fleetwood
02-05-09, 09:57 PM
I will be at the show on Sunday, either in the Tahoe or M45.

CadillacGurl
02-05-09, 10:20 PM
Here's the special appearances on Sunday, the 15th.

10 a.m.-10 p.m. Vote for Best of Show
11 a.m.-Noon Travis Pastrana, X-Games Gold Medalist and 3-time Rally America Champion
Noon-5 p.m. B96 - Nikki
2-3 p.m. Travis Pastrana, X-Games Gold Medalist and 3-time Rally America Champion
2-4 p.m. Chicago Blackhawks - Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews
4-6 p.m. Sports Central

gary88
02-05-09, 10:54 PM
I just got back from Billy Goat, $8.30 for a triple cheeseburger w/ chips and water :drool::drool:

derrty_deville
02-05-09, 11:52 PM
So whats the Friday and Saturday night plans.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-06-09, 11:13 AM

Well, since you and possibly Jimmy or Gary are going to be the only ones actually driving your Caddies we are taking your car for a joy ride. :)

CadillacGurl
02-07-09, 10:41 AM

Friday: Everyone comes in and gets situated

Saturday
Morning: Dealership hopping on Ogden Avenune
Breakfast at Omega
Take Metra downtown (I assume we're going out of Downers Grove Main so it's $4.30 one way)
Afternoon consists of sight seeing
Catch express train back to suburbs (we can go to Downers Grove Main since that's where my car is, another $4.30)
Evening plans of Dinner at Giordano's (no set time yet)

Sunday
Autoshow (no set time and where to meet)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-07-09, 06:57 PM
Sounds good Nicki, thanks for typing that out.

CadillacGurl
02-08-09, 12:21 AM
OK edit time!!
Friday: Everyone comes in and gets situated

Saturday
Morning: Dealership hopping on Ogden Avenune
Breakfast at Omega
Take Metra downtown (I assume we're going out of Downers Grove Main so it's $4.30 one way)
Afternoon consists of sight seeing
**I will be working until 6PM so the end of the tour will be Water Tower Place at Coach. We have Men's wallets and belts. Just give me a heads up if you like something, it's 50% discount and I will have to pay for w/e you get so cash would be nice :)**
Evening plans of Dinner at Giordano's on Rush Street (Behind the Tiffany's)
Catch train back to suburbs (we can go to Downers Grove Main since that's where my car is, another $4.30)

Sunday
Autoshow (no set time and where to meet)
**I personally will arrive there between 2-4 since I am getting Blackhawks autographs for my brother.

thebigjimsho
02-08-09, 12:24 AM
you guys suck.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-08-09, 03:54 AM
Are Friday plans up in the air then or would we all like to do something such as Portillos? The is also an Ed Devics in Yorktown if anyone wanted that instead. I really would like to do something that night since I will not be able to join you all on Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday.

gary88
02-08-09, 04:20 AM
We could do Portillo's, or maybe even Giordano's on 22nd street by the Oakbrook mall.

CadillacGurl
02-08-09, 09:47 AM
We could do Portillo's, or maybe even Giordano's on 22nd street by the Oakbrook mall.

You guys can, I'm working 4PM-8PM on Friday. Sorry, I can always meet up with you guys later on. Could drink or something at my place *Just depends if my parents are coming in or not*

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-09, 11:36 AM
WOOOO!!!! Kegger at Nicki's!!!! I'll bring the Jagermeister!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-08-09, 03:14 PM
I thought Giordano's was being done Saturday night downtown. ^ I just got a nice bottle of Southern Comfort for my birthday last night. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-08-09, 08:42 PM
The kegger is Friday, Giordano's is Saturday. :)

CadillacGurl
02-09-09, 09:47 AM
I thought Giordano's was being done Saturday night downtown. ^ I just got a nice bottle of Southern Comfort for my birthday last night. :)

It is, the one on Rush Street behind Tiffany's. I'm done with work at 6 so do you guys want to make reservations for 6:30 or 7??

Jesda
02-09-09, 10:12 AM
Friday I'm leaving at 6pm, so I wont be in town until late.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-09-09, 04:24 PM
^ Damn dude, that's like a 6 hour drive. Chad or Tanner, any idea when you two will be arriving?

CadillacGurl
02-09-09, 05:16 PM
Friday I'm leaving at 6pm, so I wont be in town until late.

No problem, thanks for the FB comment, sadly you have your wall comments disabled...:thepan:

GizmoQ
02-09-09, 05:37 PM
^ Damn dude, that's like a 6 hour drive. Chad or Tanner, any idea when you two will be arriving?

:bighead:
SIX HOURS???? Not even in a blizzard does it take me that long. On a good day, I do it in 4. On a bad day, its still less than 5. I take I70 to I57 cause its better and faster to downtown; I only take I55 if I'm going to the southwestern suburbs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-09, 08:06 PM

We should be leaving around 9 AM, so hopefully 3-4 PM. Last year we got down about 4:30, so we'll try and be down around there. I'll call Gary, Nicki and you when I get down. What's ur number?

gary88
02-09-09, 08:07 PM
Weather is looking pretty decent for the weekend (at least by Chicago standards)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2585/picture2ga7.jpg

derrty_deville
02-09-09, 08:40 PM
Weather forecast looks much better than it did the other day. The car on the other hand is in the shop.

96Fleetwood
02-09-09, 08:51 PM
If the roads are dry I might have to put the battery in the Fleetwood and take her for a spin!

CadillacGurl
02-09-09, 09:18 PM
If the roads are dry I might have to put the battery in the Fleetwood and take her for a spin!

DOOOOO IITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! :drool:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-09-09, 10:39 PM

I almost took my car out for a trip around the block today but I was too lazy. That would mean uncovering it, clearing the crap out from under it, charging it, hooking the battery up and spending a lot of time praying it starts and that I will have brakes. Plus its only on storage insurance right now.

So Friday night it will be just me, Chad, Tanner, Nicki, Gary and possibly Jimmy and Elias, right? I will talk to my manager and see if I can't skip out a few hours early that day. I am scheduled until 7:30 which sucks.

Tanner, didn't you used to have two cars?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-09-09, 10:46 PM
A ride in your FWB Elias would be divine! :cloud9:

CadillacGurl
02-09-09, 10:56 PM
Are you calling Iluvcaddies, Tanner? Or is Tanner on here and I'm just a blind blonde???

Tanner, didn't you used to have two cars?

gdwriter
02-09-09, 11:00 PM
Is it possible to get picked up at Midway? My flight arrives at 1:45 p.m. on Saturday, Southwest 2201 from Portland.

CadillacGurl
02-09-09, 11:10 PM
Is it possible to get picked up at Midway? My flight arrives at 1:45 p.m. on Saturday, Southwest 2201 from Portland.

If you take the Orange line in I bet the guys would meet up with you. Also I can leave one of the guys my keys to my apartment so you can drop off your stuff.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-10-09, 01:22 AM
Also I can leave one of the guys my keys to my apartment so you can drop off your stuff.

Hello Nicki....! :quagmire::quagmire::quagmire:

thebigjimsho
02-10-09, 01:31 AM
The Lou to Chicago is 4 hours.

96Fleetwood
02-10-09, 08:18 AM
Friday is a no go for me, my flight does not get into Midway till 7pm.

Saturday is Valentine's day... so I will be busy :yup:

and I just found out I might have to switch calls with someone on Sunday :( But we will play it by ear.

CadillacGurl
02-10-09, 10:12 AM
Friday is a no go for me, my flight does not get into Midway till 7pm.

Saturday is Valentine's day... so I will be busy :yup:

and I just found out I might have to switch calls with someone on Sunday :( But we will play it by ear.

No problem! I have to go to work today and make sure it's ok I switch shifts with a friend of mine on Friday. We'll see how that goes.:bouncy:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-10-09, 02:42 PM
Are you calling Iluvcaddies, Tanner? Or is Tanner on here and I'm just a blind blonde???

The curse of the blonde. :)

He is here and he will be driving Chad down.

gary88
02-11-09, 12:03 AM
If you take the Orange line in I bet the guys would meet up with you. Also I can leave one of the guys my keys to my apartment so you can drop off your stuff.

I'll gladly take the keys to your apartment :D

though you might find all your stuff in the hallway and not get your key back, I need an apartment for next year!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-09, 12:10 AM
Tanner and I are leaving around 7:30-8:30 Friday morning, so we'll be down anytime between 2 and 4 probably. I'll notify everyone once arrived. Who's gonna be free then? I'd like to get settled at the hotel, drop our stuff off then head out.

gary88
02-11-09, 12:26 AM
I should be free between 3-5ish on Friday

CadillacGurl
02-11-09, 12:57 AM
I'll gladly take the keys to your apartment :D

though you might find all your stuff in the hallway and not get your key back, I need an apartment for next year!

I'm subleasing it starting March if you're interested

CadillacGurl
02-11-09, 01:01 AM
I should be free between 3-5ish on Friday

Gotcha, well I brought the camera home for shits and giggles so you can laugh and poke fun of it :bouncy:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-11-09, 01:29 AM
I am scheduled until 7:30 on Friday but am pretty sure I can get out by 6. While waiting you can come visit me at Wal-Mart. :) It is about a mile North on Rt.53 from your hotel and I usually am not doing much anyway. My phone is off when I am working so you will have to leave me a message. I'll call you when I get off.

I'll let you guys know now that the area right around the hotel is pretty hairy traffic wise. It is right next to I-88 and they have been doing some pretty serious construction for the last year (Chad can watch the machines out the window :p). It sucks massively around rush hour. I will also let you know you CANNOT exit from Eastbound I-88 to Rt.53. You will have to get off at Naperville road and take Warrenville road to the hotel. I just checked Google maps and it knows this so you should be fine.

gary88
02-11-09, 01:43 AM
I think you can just keep taking Ogden west and turn on 53 according to google maps. Or I could actually just take 53 all the way north from Romeoville.

gary88
02-11-09, 01:44 AM
I'm subleasing it starting March if you're interested

hmmm

CadillacGurl
02-11-09, 10:14 AM
Ok so how many ppl are going to Giordano's Saturday night? I want to make a reservation

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-11-09, 12:30 PM
Gary, you can take I-355 to I-88 to get to their hotel if you are coming from Lemont or downtown. The exit of Rt.53 and I-88 allows you to get on only heading east and get off only heading west, so going into or coming out of the city. When Chad and Tanner arrive, if they take I-88, they will have to get off somewhere before Rt.53.

Kael
02-11-09, 02:02 PM
So can I still come and hang out or what?

So far it seems that friday night is kind of up in the air. no concrete plans.

Saturday is running all over the place

and Sunday is the car show.

I live in Naperville so I can meet up with the group where ever.

Kael
02-11-09, 02:03 PM
There is always Blur nightclub on the corner of rt 53 and 75th street.

21 and up on friday night, no cover, and cheap drinks (and its sort of like a dive bar that is trying Real real hard to be a nice club)

gdwriter
02-11-09, 03:07 PM
Ok so how many ppl are going to Giordano's Saturday night? I want to make a reservationCount me in for dinner at Giordano's Saturday night.

Is there a station downtown that's served by both Metra and the Orange Line from Midway where I could meet up with everybody? My flight is scheduled to arrive at 1:45 p.m., and it looks like about 30 minutes from Midway to downtown.

Or, if somebody is driving, I could be picked up at the curb.

CadillacGurl
02-11-09, 03:34 PM
There is always Blur nightclub on the corner of rt 53 and 75th street.

21 and up on friday night, no cover, and cheap drinks (and its sort of like a dive bar that is trying Real real hard to be a nice club)

Problem with that is only 2 of us are over 21. Hence why we are just sticking to dinner and possibly crashing/drinking at my place

Kael
02-11-09, 03:50 PM
Oh. If thats the case I have enough booze to kill a frat.
(No really, I tired it and it works)

NOT that I would EVER contribute the delinquency of a minor.
Ever, honest your honor.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-09, 08:51 PM

Is that the sweet new bar down there or something? :rimshot:

gdwriter
02-11-09, 09:20 PM
Is that the sweet new bar down there or something? :rimshot:I'd flash a little leg, but it's Chicago in February, and other than Nicki, it's an all-guy gathering.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-09, 10:09 PM
No thanks.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-11-09, 10:22 PM
Okay I really need to ride in someone's Caddy this weekend, preferably and older one like Tanner's. I was bored today and pulled the cover off my car and sat in it for about 10 minutes and it made me really angry that I can't drive it. Right now I am looking at two cars to replace my truck after winter. A '93 FWB that a friend of Elias owns and I just found a really nice '90 Brougham with a 350 and 68K miles on Craigslist for $3500.

CadillacGurl
02-11-09, 10:36 PM
I'd flash a little leg, but it's Chicago in February, and other than Nicki, it's an all-guy gathering.

Hahahahaha :lol: yeah and sorry as much as I love ya Gary, I stick to guys in my age range :hug:

90Brougham350
02-11-09, 11:32 PM
Have a great time everyone, I really wish I could be there. I owe several of you beer or two, Gary, Dirt Cheap; and Chad, I think you're up to about a keg by now. I'll see you all come spring, or whenever Nick gets the midwest meet together. Wish I could go, but have fun!!!!!!

Brian

gary88
02-11-09, 11:37 PM
Count me in for dinner at Giordano's Saturday night.

Is there a station downtown that's served by both Metra and the Orange Line from Midway where I could meet up with everybody? My flight is scheduled to arrive at 1:45 p.m., and it looks like about 30 minutes from Midway to downtown.

If you want to leave your stuff at Nicki's apartment, you could take the Orange Line to Randolph and Wabash, and once you get off you just walk east down Randolph for about 5 or 6 blocks until you see a big fancy apartment complex. I'd pick you up, but I'm not familiar with the Midway. I'm an O'Hare man.

Here's the train schedule coming into downtown

http://www.metrarail.com/Sched/bn/bn_sati.shtml

And the schedule for leaving downtown

http://www.metrarail.com/Sched/bn/bn_sato.shtml

Assuming we leave the Westmont stop, we could take a 12:49 train and arrive at 1:42, or take the 2:49 and arrive at 3:42.

If we schedule Giordano's for 6:30, we could take either the 8:40 or 10:40 depending on how long we stay.

derrty_deville
02-12-09, 12:35 AM
Count me in for dinner at Giordano's Saturday night.

Ill pick you up.

gdwriter
02-12-09, 01:05 AM
Thanks, Tanner. PM me you cell phone number or have Chad text it to me (he has mine).

I don't mind taking the train downtown if that's more convenient for everybody. Looks like it will be about 30 minutes from Midway to Randolph & Wabash. I can call or text Chad once I'm on the train and headed downtown. What's the address on Randolph and the name of the building?

Since my flight arrives at 1:45 (and Southwest is usually on time), you all should plan on taking the 12:49 train.

Let me know one way or another. Looking forward to it. Last year was a blast.

CadillacGurl
02-12-09, 10:10 AM
Ok so Reservation for 6 or 7??
1. Me
2. Gary88
3. Gary from OR
4. Chad
5. Tanner
6. Jesda
7. DCF???

CadillacGurl
02-12-09, 10:21 AM
About taking the train, I have to take the 11:47 train out of Downers for work. So if you guys don't mind leaving early I would appreciate it. Also that will give me time to show you guys where my apartment is and where I work.

Kael
02-12-09, 12:16 PM
Ok so Reservation for 6 or 7??
1. Me
2. Gary88
3. Gary from OR
4. Chad
5. Tanner
6. Jesda
7. DCF???

yeah, you suck

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-12-09, 12:21 PM
I won't be with you for dinner on Saturday because I have to close. Since you have to leave early for work what time were we planning on going to Omega Saturday morning?

CadillacGurl
02-12-09, 12:42 PM
yeah, you suck

Why do I suck??

CadillacGurl
02-12-09, 12:43 PM
I won't be with you for dinner on Saturday because I have to close. Since you have to leave early for work what time were we planning on going to Omega Saturday morning?

Ok, ummm maybe 9ish??

gary88
02-12-09, 02:19 PM
Here's the floor plan for the auto show. Cadillac is conveniently placed next to Hyundai :suspense:

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/about/ShowFloor.asp

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-12-09, 02:51 PM
^ Wow. Ford has a much smaller area than normal. Usually they also have the space that is occupied by VW this year. It used to be that all the domestic cars were on the same side were Ford and Chrysler are and most of the foreign cars (with the exception of Honda and Toyota because of their size) were where GM is now. I guess too many people were staying on one side of the show and ignoring all the smaller manufacturers so they switched stuff up a bit.

Cliff8928
02-12-09, 02:56 PM
That's strange that brands like Hyundai/Kia, Infiniti/Nissan, Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus aren't right next to each other.

Oh, and an update. A friend of mine picked up tickets and invited me to Monster Jam on saturday. I forgot which time though.

gdwriter
02-12-09, 03:09 PM
Here's the floor plan for the auto show. Cadillac is conveniently placed next to Hyundai :suspense:

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/about/ShowFloor.aspI was looking around on the site and found an ad for a free pair of tickets from Chicagoland Chevy dealers:

http://www.chevydriveschicago.com/sweepsAutoShow.aspx

Is there a Chevy dealer convenient to our hotel or on the way to the show?

gary88
02-12-09, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a Chevrolet dealer on Ogden Avenue.

Quick google searched brought up Chevrolet of Naperville

http://www.chevroletofnaperville.com/

CadillacGurl
02-12-09, 04:31 PM
I was looking around on the site and found an ad for a free pair of tickets from Chicagoland Chevy dealers:

http://www.chevydriveschicago.com/sweepsAutoShow.aspx

Is there a Chevy dealer convenient to our hotel or on the way to the show?

It's actually on Ogden so we'll pass it on Saturday night when we get back from Giordano's

CadillacGurl
02-12-09, 04:32 PM
Baaah Gary beat me to it...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-13-09, 12:56 AM
Bill Kay Chevrolet is closer to the hotel than the one in Naperville I pass it quite often and marvel at the row of Corvettes outside. Naperville is the wrong direction from the city and is about 6-10 miles out of the way. Bill Kay is right where I-355 crosses over Ogden Ave near the Lisle Post Office and the evil Lockformer company.

Chad, Tanner, Gary, and Kael, I may get stuck at work until 7:30 like I was originally scheduled because someone called in. At best I will be out around 6:30, I will just have to play it by ear. If you guys have already eaten by the time I get out I will just stop somewhere on the way to meet you and grab a bite to eat. See y'all tomorrow.

derrty_deville
02-13-09, 06:43 AM
well I am the first one hitting the road in about an hour. still dont have my car which has turned into a $900 repair tab so far. 2 tows distributors 2 distributor harnesses and 3 ignittion modules and a pcm so far. see yous guys in a few hours.

Kael
02-13-09, 01:09 PM
alright. since i will be doing some valentines things all day saturday..

what is the plan for going to the show on sunday?

if someone could give me a call and let me know
630-728-7009

I would appreciate it since I want to see you guys (never met the girl)
again.

OH!!
forgot to mention. the camaro booth at chicago.
has a LIFE sized bumble bee. sooo cool
(press pass friend)

GizmoQ
02-14-09, 12:55 AM
Weather is looking pretty decent for the weekend (at least by Chicago standards)

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2585/picture2ga7.jpg

I told you guys I wouldn't show if it snowed. BTW Gary, where do you get your forecasts - the Farmers Almanac?
Current forecast:

thebigjimsho
02-14-09, 01:11 AM
weak.

derrty_deville
02-14-09, 03:29 AM
That weather gary got is from the weather channel and it changed 5 times over the past week but it snowed while we were at nickis just now.

stop whining like a n* and show up gizmo

thebigjimsho
02-14-09, 03:44 AM
you won't drive from the Lou to Chicago?

GizmoQ
02-14-09, 04:27 AM
Naw, I'll see Ya'll later in the Spring. I'm going to Dallas.

Cliff8928
02-14-09, 04:43 AM
I'd love to come meet up sometime saturday. The schedule is a bit unclear right now, but I'm sure there'd be sometime to catch up with ya'll.

Is there any set schedule for anything tomorrow, or is it just at random? (just figuring out where I'd have to go) A cell # etc.. would work good too..

96Fleetwood
02-14-09, 09:28 AM
I might be able to do Breakfast, Lunch, or dinner on Sunday. Keep me in the loop. Several have my number.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-09, 10:35 AM
We're gonna try to get to the auto show somewhat early in the morning. Tanner and I should leave for Minneapolis by about 2 or so, so we get back by 9:30-10:00

JimmyH
02-15-09, 02:56 PM
these meets are kind of boring without tbjs and his sexiness.

any hangovers this am?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-09, 02:49 AM
Nope.

gdwriter
02-16-09, 04:13 AM
these meets are kind of boring without tbjs and his sexiness.

any hangovers this am?Not here. OTOH, my legs are sore after schleping around downtown yesterday and the show today, then sitting for 4+ hours to Phoenix and another 3 to Portland (goofy itinerary). Good meeting you, and I enjoyed riding in your CTS.

JimmyH
02-16-09, 08:45 PM
no problemo, I hate seeing people use public transportation ;)

gary88
02-16-09, 10:48 PM
:grumble:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-09, 01:08 AM
no problemo, I hate seeing people use public transportation ;)

It beats riding in an Isuzu.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-17-09, 01:36 AM
Damn straight it does!

thebigjimsho
02-17-09, 07:46 AM
I get free limo rides. then I get to tell my boss whether our affiliates suck or not. BTW, All-Star in Detroit is quality...

Kael
02-17-09, 01:21 PM
Well that was a ton of fun.
had a great time seeing most of you at the auto show.

I think one of the best times was "wait... is that a tuner aveo? naah.. oh it is.. hey the carbon fiber hood isn't.. the carbon fiber is just a vinyl sticker made to look like carbon fiber?!?!"

and then from behind me: "OH! FAIL!"

too funny.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-17-09, 01:54 PM
Now we just have to harp on Nick about getting us together again in a few months.

CadillacGurl
02-17-09, 05:58 PM
Where is a picture of it? Gary, make it FAIL haha