: help w/washer squiter, not working

Steeltag
12-26-08, 06:53 PM
Hey guys, its been a while since i posted anything. I just tried to us the windshield washer but nothing came out. I've checked to see if the squiters were plugged but they aren't, and of course, there is plenty of fluid.

Do any of you have any suggestions on this one? Its 167k perfectly running/operating Brougham. This is the first thing that hasn't worked right!:crying2::crying2::crying2:

fleetwood76
12-27-08, 05:17 PM
Hello.
I suppose that you have the kind of washer squiter that was (is) standard for a long time, I know my fathers Brougham -87 has that type. and I suppose that the wipers starts and wipe four or five times before go back to park again. If no fluid comes when you have tryed the whash cyckle a couples of times, and you hear like a klonk from the wipermotor/whasher unit for every wipe the wipers do, you likely have a bad washer sucktion hose. they go bad at the connection either at the reservoir or the wiper unit. just a little drycrack is enough to not get the sucktion that is needed. the pump membrane can also go bad and need replacement, and I think there is aviable repair kits for that.

jolle

csbuckn
12-27-08, 06:55 PM
If it sounds like the pump is working, follow the hose down to the resevior and pop out that whole peice thats inside the resevior, its all plastic and falls apart sometimes. Luckily, it snaps back together easily. Put it back together and try again. If this is not the problem, check all hoses, the fuse, make sure the dash switch is actually working and then the motor.