: Heating/Battery Issues???

firstimecaddi
12-26-08, 12:54 AM
Ok guys hereís the scenario. I just got back from a 90 minute trip and the heat just suddenly decided to not work for about half the trip. When started out it's about 35 degrees out. Anyway I set it to 83 deg and hit ECON, everything work fine. I had to stop for a few minutes, I got back on the interstate, Hit ECON again, this time Iím getting cold air from the floor and windshield vents even though I had the same settings. I drove another forty miles like this. Now I have to make a second stop, so after about fifteen minute its time to go again. This time when I turn the key, I get the dead battery click, I tried it again and it fired right up but all my radio settings are gone, even had to reset the time and still no heat. I ran the codes but nothing showed up. What gives?

cadillac_al
12-26-08, 07:38 PM
You are losing battery connection somewhere. That's why the radio reset.

sven914
12-28-08, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure how the climate control works on a 94 SeVille, but on my 89 Brougham, the econ feature just turns on a fan in vent duct. The heater or the AC compressor is only turned on when one of the LOW/AUTO/HI/DEF bottoms is pressed. If you still don't have heat, after the car has reached operating temperature, and the AUTO feature is engaged, then check the coolant level.